talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Carabao Cup 2018/19 Semi-Final - Man City 9-0 Burton (1st Leg)

football forum

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brilliant performance from the champions. City may have played a side a couple of leagues below them but they were sensational and a joy to watch tonight. Great for Jesus and his confidence that he got 4 goals. They have definitely recovered from their poor spell. City vs Tottenham or Chelsea will be some cup final. On the same day of Manchester United vs Liverpool some day of live football we have to look forward to their.

Just saw the interview with Nigel cluff. Don't know what he said because I'm in the pub but he looks like the kid who got picked last at P.E. And I was that kid so I know what it feels like :thumbdown:

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Just saw the interview with Nigel cluff. Don't know what he said because I'm in the pub but he looks like the kid who got picked last at P.E. And I was that kid so I know what it feels like :$

He said He was proud of the players for getting this far and they keep on going. City wanted a 10th his side kept going and stopped them getting it. Premier league sides have been hammered by 6 Southampton and Huddersfield I think it was. Also Pep said he was going to share a glass of wine and Clouthy said he had more than just a glass of wine. He hopes they take the frustration out on Gillingham at the weekend that's what he said.

• The title was changed to Carabao Cup 2018/19 Semi-Final - Man City 9-0 Burton (1st Leg)
1 hour ago, UNORTHODOX said:

Every Burton player should be embarrassed by that scoreline, Doesn't matter how good the opposition is for me they should not be losing 9-0. What a disgrace.

I don't agree personally. I think if they have a bad game and city have a good game that score is quite likely

1 hour ago, Harvsky said:

So he's saying all in all it's a good result? :ph34r:

He expected them to get hammered but not by that many. Remember Saints and Huddersfield beaten by 6 this season i think they put 7 past Stoke last season. So they have hammered lower league premier league sides. It's a hammering but I wouldn't  call it embarrassing. They put 7 past Rotherham at the weekend to. They were just beaten by a top side who were in top form.

6 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Fucking hell, really? All I can think of is:

MPbX6OD.jpg.cad493b5b2e2687f18b0322df7563534.jpg

I thought pep was meant to be a classy guy. But putting his best team out against burton and then bragging afterwards... "of course we're already in the final"... doesn't really align with that imo. 🤨🤨🤨

1 hour ago, Harry said:

I thought pep was meant to be a classy guy. But putting his best team out against burton and then bragging afterwards... "of course we're already in the final"... doesn't really align with that imo. 🤨🤨🤨

It wasn't nowhere near our best team  ..no Ederson Aguero, Sterling, Fernandinho, Mendy, Laporte or Stones so that's 7 players short of our best team, only 4 of our best 11  played   ..the aim of tonight was to win big enough to play near a full youth team in the 2nd leg with some of the 2nd string that played last night

46 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

It wasn't nowhere near our best team  ..no Ederson Aguero, Sterling, Fernandinho, Mendy, Laporte or Stones so that's 7 players short of our best team, only 3 of our best 11  played   ..the aim of tonight was to win big enough to play near a full youth team in the 2nd leg with some of the 2nd string that played last night

11 - 7 = 3 

:ph34r:

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Harry said:

Are they not already in the final?

• The topic was unpinned

Archived