Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Wayne Hennessey Cleared of Nazi Salute Charge

DwQsLEPXgAAu84o.jpg:large

His excuse on Twitter up there with when Joleon Lescott 'sat on his phone' in his car and tweeted something xD 

lol fuck off he is just waving to the camera

• Upvote 2

I do that when i shave my armpits 

• Haha 1

I don't know what's worse, how stupid he is for doing that on a picture which will obviously be posted all over social media, or the fact that it has to be such a big deal.

3 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I don't know what's worse, how stupid he is for doing that on a picture which will obviously be posted all over social media, or the fact that it has to be such a big deal.

I love his extra shit bullshit explanation though.

To be fair I can understand why some people might be a bit sensitive about it 9_9 I'm sure he didn't mean any harm after all it is the kind of thing you do with your mates or when your mrs is bossing you around but footballers are in the public eye and it can't really go unpunished. Just a fine for me would be enough

11 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

after all it is the kind of thing you do with your mates

It really isn't xD 

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

You've never done a sulut when someone is being bossy?

Not a Nazi one xD

Even if he did it, what's the big deal if he's just playing around? Famous people can't do anything anymore without it being on social networks within minutes. 

Charged by FA for breach of rule E3:

Wayne Hennessey: FA charge for Crystal Palace goalkeeper's alleged Nazi salute 'not proven'

Crystal Palace goalkeeper Wayne Hennessey will face no punishment for an alleged Nazi salute after a Football Association charge was found not proven by an independent regulatory commission.

Hennessey was pictured with his right arm in the air in a photo posted on Instagram by German team-mate Max Meyer after the FA Cup win over Grimsby.

The 32-year-old had denied the charge.

He said any resemblance to the Nazi gesture was "absolutely coincidental".

The Wales international has previously said he "waved and shouted at the person taking the picture to get on with it" and "put my hand over my mouth to make the sound carry".

"This was a genuinely innocent moment, which appeared to be something completely different when captured on camera," he said following the FA's decision on Friday.

"I want to state for the record that I abhor all forms of racism, fascism, anti-Semitism or discrimination of any kind," he added.

The FA had alleged the action breached its rules relating to abusive, insulting or improper conduct and bringing the game into disrepute.

The governing body had also said it constituted an 'aggravated breach' because it included reference to ethnic origin, race, religion or belief.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47824250

This country is seriously pathetic. It's just a few mates having a laugh. There is nothing to see here.

Everything is deemed offensive in this country, it's utterly pathetic as fuck. It makes you want to become a far right nutter as a means of telling them to get fucked. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

This country is seriously pathetic. It's just a few mates having a laugh. There is nothing to see here.

Everything is deemed offensive in this country, it's utterly pathetic as fuck. It makes you want to become a far right nutter as a means of telling them to get fucked. 

Nahh. You're obviously already thinking that way if you're thinking like that

Not at all, but this country has become far too left and they are equally as embarrassing as the right are. In fact they are worse. A bunch of sensitive gimps who take offence to things which don't even affect them/are nothing stories. 

There are far bigger problems in the country than nonsense like this.

17 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Not at all, but this country has become far too left and they are equally as embarrassing as the right are. In fact they are worse. A bunch of sensitive gimps who take offence to things which don't even affect them/are nothing stories. 

There are far bigger problems in the country than nonsense like this.

That's just not true. Maybe bigger problems but would you be considered 'far too left' if you were concerned about the 'real' problems in the country?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

That's just not true. Maybe bigger problems but would you be considered 'far too left' if you were concerned about the 'real' problems in the country?

If we were far too left our big political problems would be debate around the growing wage gap and the rise in homelessness instead of Brexit

• Upvote 1