talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wayne Hennessey Cleared of Nazi Salute Charge

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I don't know what's worse, how stupid he is for doing that on a picture which will obviously be posted all over social media, or the fact that it has to be such a big deal.

I love his extra shit bullshit explanation though.

To be fair I can understand why some people might be a bit sensitive about it 9_9 I'm sure he didn't mean any harm after all it is the kind of thing you do with your mates or when your mrs is bossing you around but footballers are in the public eye and it can't really go unpunished. Just a fine for me would be enough

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Wayne Hennessey Charged By FA For Nazi Salute
  • 2 months later...
  • Subscriber

Wayne Hennessey: FA charge for Crystal Palace goalkeeper's alleged Nazi salute 'not proven'

Crystal Palace goalkeeper Wayne Hennessey will face no punishment for an alleged Nazi salute after a Football Association charge was found not proven by an independent regulatory commission.

Hennessey was pictured with his right arm in the air in a photo posted on Instagram by German team-mate Max Meyer after the FA Cup win over Grimsby.

The 32-year-old had denied the charge.

He said any resemblance to the Nazi gesture was "absolutely coincidental".

The Wales international has previously said he "waved and shouted at the person taking the picture to get on with it" and "put my hand over my mouth to make the sound carry".

"This was a genuinely innocent moment, which appeared to be something completely different when captured on camera," he said following the FA's decision on Friday.

"I want to state for the record that I abhor all forms of racism, fascism, anti-Semitism or discrimination of any kind," he added.

The FA had alleged the action breached its rules relating to abusive, insulting or improper conduct and bringing the game into disrepute.

The governing body had also said it constituted an 'aggravated breach' because it included reference to ethnic origin, race, religion or belief.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47824250

• The title was changed to Wayne Hennessey Cleared of Nazi Salute Charge

Archived