• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last time you had a fight/punch up

football forum

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not since I was 13. 

I typically stray away from people of that nature. Those that settle petty arguments with fists rather than finding a compromise through communication. 

Angry drunks are the worst kind of people in general. 

Only ever once had a fight and it was well over 10-12 years ago. My old man is one of life's nice guys but has no street sense bless him, and was barged into by chavs. He said to them to mind where they were going where as I'd just have walked on knowing they would kick off.

Of course they did kick off, think they had been drinking and on something but they gobbed back at him, and then started to try and lay into him. Not my bag at all but had no choice but to get involved. I think the fact they were on something helped because they were swinging all over the show and we walked away pretty unscathed.

Not a pleasant experience, don't particularly fancy getting involved in anything like that again. In this day and age when so many people on the street are carrying knives, I'm glad we weren't faced with that scenario. Literally everything happens in a blur in a situation like that.

• Administrator

Last time was involved in a proper fight must have been at least 10-11 years ago - Sunday League football match and even then it must have only lasted about 30 seconds, if that. I wasn't even the most involved and actually tried to be peace-maker along with a few others which is usual when a scuffle breaks out - you get some idiots who have a rush of rage and blood to the head and others who try to break it up but still get half-involved.

Like others above, always try and avoid the proper cunts and melts on a night out. It's not worth it. Plus some people I work with are also specials/work for the police and are occasionally on duty on a night out so if it does kick off there's no point getting involved - I've seen enough cases of people's lives being fucked up because they got involved in a fight, provoked or not, and they've suffered long-lasting injuries or got in trouble. In my job as well, I can't take the risk of being involved in fights considering the people I work with and just the role itself. 

About a year ago. Some girl was really pissed and I checked to see if she was Ok. Didn't know she was with her boyfriend and he kicked of. Some blokes broke it up. 

My last truly memorable punch up was at Brentford football ground but that was many, many moons ago now... These days I can do without the drama to be honest... I just want to be left alone to have a pint in peace and quiet... Having said that I came close just before christmas while I was out shopping with the missus and while we were waiting for the bus something kicked off between some lads about 3 feet away so stepped in.. The missus just jumped on the bus and would have been happy to leave me to it.. all the way home she was " don't get involved "  Normally I wouldn't bother but I fucking hate bullies.. 

These days I more a lover than a fighter... used to be the other way round B|

• Subscriber
54 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

About a year ago. Some girl was really pissed and I checked to see if she was Ok. Didn't know she was with her boyfriend and he kicked of. Some blokes broke it up. 

ie. you saw a drunk girl and went to take advantage of her. Seen that move many times, "checked to see if she was ok" xD Sounds like you deserved it for being creepy tbh 

20 minutes ago, Storts said:

ie. you saw a drunk girl and went to take advantage of her. Seen that move many times, "checked to see if she was ok" xD Sounds like you deserved it for being creepy tbh 

Ha ha. Nah in all seriousness I was checking to see if she was Ok. Her boyfriend was quite tall and tried to intimidate me by looking down on me.

Well last time it was like 10 years ago, we were at a nightclub and some lads started a fight near to where we were, suddenly one of them pushed me and i instinctively took a step back and threw a good'n nice right to him, sent him to the floor and then the bodyguards appeared and separated everyone and that was the end of it. In primary school a classmate turned back and insulted me out of the blue as we were lined waiting on the school yard to go back to class, broke his nose, don't think he ever messed with anyone ever again.

Another time at the same school i was sitting with a few mates in the school yard waiting to go to the dining hall, suddenly i felt something was pulling me down and next moment i was in the floor face up, a fucking cuntmuppet with the iq of a smashed slug had his legs crossed and wrapped up against my neck and didn't let go, think i was struggling to breath, to this day i cannot explain how was i able to break free, but i managed to get his legs off my neck with my own hands, after that and with a tremendous rush of adrenaline i turned him over and went on top of him, put at knee on his back and started pushing one of his legs upwards with all my strength, think i broke it. Teachers came then and took the little bastard (who practised Karate) to infirmary jumping in one leg xD, thankfully i was 100% ok. I really don't know where i got all that strength that allowed me to turn the tides over from, it was like something divine, similar to those cases where people manage to lift cars that weights tons because someone is in great danger.

2 years ago almost got in a fight too, it was in a cousin's wedding, i was on the patio and i noticed the photographer and his assistant were looking at me and perhaps pointing? (don't remember) and one of them was kinda laughing, at least that's what i thought, i wanted to go confront them and ask him whether i was right, and smash his face if that was the case. But i also didn't want to ruin the wedding for my cousin and my family and also ruin the nice suit i was wearing, so in the end decided against it. A while later one of them asked for my lighter and started chatting me in a friendly manner so i doubt that was the case, still, in pretty much any other situation i would have done what i wanted rather than what i did.

• Subscriber

Had a couple good hockey scraps but that would have been my competitive days at least 10 years ago. A couple of proper fist fights way back when I was in highschool but Im far less angry these days. Been close to a fight or two in beer league hockey but hasnt come to that yet, I score goals and break hearts instead :hh:

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Well last time it was like 10 years ago, we were at a nightclub and some lads starting a fight near to where we were, suddenly one of them pushed me and i instinctively took a step back and threw a good'n nice right to him, sent him to the floor and then the bodyguards appeared and separated everyone and that was the end of it. In primary school a classmate turned back and insulted me out of the blue as we were lined waiting on the school yard to go back to class, broke his nose, don't think he ever messed with anyone ever again.

Another time at the same school i was sitting with a few mates in the school yard waiting to go to the dining hall, suddenly i felt something was pulling me down and next moment i was in the floor face up, a fucking Autumnal foliage had his legs crossed and wrapped up against my neck and didn't let go, think i was struggling to breath, to this day i cannot explain how was i able to break free, but i managed to get his legs off my neck with my own hands, after that and with a tremendous rush of adrenaline i turned him over and went on top of him, put at knee on his back and started pushing one of his legs upwards with all my strength, think i broke it. Teachers came then and take the little bastard (who practised Karate) to infirmary, thankfully i was 100% ok. I really don't know where i got all that strength that allowed me to turn the tides over from, it was like something divine, similar to those cases where people manage to lift cars that weights tons because someone is in great danger.

2 years ago almost got in a fight too, it was in a cousin's wedding, i was on the patio and i noticed the photographer and his assistant were looking at me and perhaps pointing? (don't remember) and one of them was kinda laughing, at least that's what i thought, i wanted to go confront them and ask him whether i was right, and smash his face if that was the case. But i also didn't want to ruin the wedding for my cousin and my family and also ruin the nice suit i was wearing, so in the end decided against it. A while later one of them asked for my lighter and started chatting me in a friendly manner so i doubt that was the case, still, in pretty much any other situation i would have done what i wanted rather than what i did.

@Batard

:DxD 

Archived