talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last time you had a fight/punch up

football forum

7 hours ago, MUFC said:

Anyone had any fights then since this thread was created? I know people are losing their rag out there during lockdown. It's not got to me but I have been feeling a touch more irritated these last few weeks. 

I bumped into @Stan in HMV a few months ago and broke a few of his ribs. 

Yet to meet up with @Tommy.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No fights on this watch but I have a mate, honestly he is lovely as pie, do anything for you, would have your back in any situation but when he's had a bit too much to drink, there is a little bit of devil in him where he can't help getting involved or react to them certain situations that cause it to become iffy and a bit 'on edge'.

I don't know whether it's because he is a big lad, knows he can handle himself, or if he gets a little buzz off it but it only happens when he's really pissed.

Personally, I don't like him being a loose cannon, it's not cool when it puts some of us with him in an awkward situation because you're then forced into a situation you don't want to be in.

A couple times we have had to diffuse a situation that threatened to explode as a result of him reacting to something he couldn't let go and you just know one day, it's going to go tits up. 

And if it does, he's gonna have to go. No time for that in my life.

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Lucas said:

No fights on this watch but I have a mate, honestly he is lovely as pie, do anything for you, would have your back in any situation but when he's had a bit too much to drink, there is a little bit of devil in him where he can't help getting involved or react to them certain situations that cause it to become iffy and a bit 'on edge'.

I don't know whether it's because he is a big lad, knows he can handle himself, or if he gets a little buzz off it but it only happens when he's really pissed.

Personally, I don't like him being a loose cannon, it's not cool when it puts some of us with him in an awkward situation because you're then forced into a situation you don't want to be in.

A couple times we have had to diffuse a situation that threatened to explode as a result of him reacting to something he couldn't let go and you just know one day, it's going to go tits up. 

And if it does, he's gonna have to go. No time for that in my life.

Reminds me of a fella I used to date back in the uni days. Nice, friendly, funny, good manners, etc. But whenever he had a few too many, he always started looking for fights and conflict with others. He himself said he could feel the red mist descending on him for no reason and he's a potential danger to himself and others after that. Safe to say, I didn't pursue that relationship... 

23 minutes ago, nudge said:

Reminds me of a fella I used to date back in the uni days. Nice, friendly, funny, good manners, etc. But whenever he had a few too many, he always started looking for fights and conflict with others. He himself said he could feel the red mist descending on him for no reason and he's a potential danger to himself and others after that. Safe to say, I didn't pursue that relationship... 

It's a tricky one isn't it when you can see it happening all in front of you.

And if your someone that doesn't really get involved with any kinda conflict, it makes you feel fucking awkward when you are put in a spot like that.

At least he made it easy for you xD

49 minutes ago, Lucas said:

We had someone in our group who was exactly the same... back in my youthful days about 5 or 6 of us used to get up to London on a Friday night and spend the night on pub crawls and what not and for the most part he was ok but once he had a few beers in him he used to get a bit silly and one night when we were coming back from a night out we were sitting on the platform at Waterloo waiting for our train to pull in and a couple of platforms over was a train waiting to pull out with a bloke leaning out the window and our mate couldn't help himself as per usual and started mouthing off at this bloke for no reason... We were all telling him to shut the fuck up and this bloke turns to the inside of the carriage and next thing you know there are about 20 blokes all up at the windows, built like brick shithouses as well, I think they might have been rugby players they were that stocky.. anyway we tried to gag our mate who was shouting even more abuse and they started opening the doors to get out but thankfully their train started to pull out.. 

We were so worried about it that as we went into each station before our stop we were ducking down near the floor in case they had got off the next stop and wanted to pursue it with us... xD funny thinking back but what a pain in the arse he was sometimes.. I did have another mate a good few years later that was exactly the same, great bloke but once them beers were flowing any excuse for a row and he would be there.. You just always knew at some point in the evening you would be playing either peacemaker or getting in a ruck..

3 hours ago, nudge said:

Yeah back a few years I felt the same. I'd blow up at dumb times, you just feel reality drain away and you've gotta act. 

I used to get the red mist a bit when drinking, never picked on anyone yet seemed to attract idiots and often thought of hitting some yet having family abroad and the thought of a criminal record made me decide to stop drinking in pubs and to be careful of who I was with. As some of you have said some people after a drink cannot help attracting trouble.

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, nudge said:

Any pics?

I do wonder if I might have enjoyed cage fighting or something if I had a slightly different mentality. I did feel amazing after my last fight 😂

Funnily enough I nearly got into a fight a few weeks back.

We were working on a site in Manchester City centre and had to leave the company van in a pay and display car park. Pulling up I noticed a battered old Corsa parked on a funny angle, engine running. Thinking it had been stolen we went over and had a look only to find two drug addicts bent over out of their faces in the front seats.

Lunch time comes so we head back to the van to go out and get some food. The car is still parked there, engine off. So my mate asks me to go check if the spice heads are still out for the count, looking in I couldnt see anything before all of a sudden this guy jumps out of the passenger seat screaming blue murder. He then heads straight for me so I grabbed him and threw him to the side. 

Before it could get to out of hand the two guys I was with basically came between us and after a few heavy words he soon realised I was checking if they were still alive rather than looking to steal the motor. 

He quickly turned to complete embarrassment when he realised the state he'd been in, apologised and got back in his car. 

I ended up with the last laugh though, he only tried to turn his car engine on and he had a flat battery 😂

I had jump leads as well but I wasn't gonna help him, just drove off laughed and waved as he looked frustrated under his bonnet.

• Subscriber

An Irish guy named Pat I knew years ago in the factory I worked at the time was a bit of a nutter when going out with for a pint as if someone said the wrong word or he thought looked at him in a funny way he would start a fight,  lovely guy to work with but go out for a drink with was a no goer for me.

One day at the works at that time was a guy called Ray came in with a black eye and cuts all over his fists, I asked him what the score was and he said he went out with Paddy (Pat) for a drink and ended up getting into a bar brawl.

He said they were drinking away quite happily with no bother and Ray said he went to the loo and went he came back into the bar there was Paddy fighting away with 3 other guys so Ray thought fuck it and jumped in to help Paddy out as he was outnumbered, Ray said he will never go out for a pint again with Pat.

• Subscriber
18 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

An Irish guy named Pat I knew years ago in the factory I worked at the time was a bit of a nutter when going out with for a pint as if someone said the wrong word or he thought looked at him in a funny way he would start a fight,  lovely guy to work with but go out for a drink with was a no goer for me.

One day at the works at that time was a guy called Ray came in with a black eye and cuts all over his fists, I asked him what the score was and he said he went out with Paddy (Pat) for a drink and ended up getting into a bar brawl.

He said they were drinking away quite happily with no bother and Ray said he went to the loo and went he came back into the bar there was Paddy fighting away with 3 other guys so Ray thought fuck it and jumped in to help Paddy out as he was outnumbered, Ray said he will never go out for a pint again with Pat.

80s and 90s was dangerous in Manchester bars/pubs.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, MUFC said:

80s and 90s was dangerous in Manchester bars/pubs.

This was in Southend-on-Sea down the seafront on a summers night in the early 90's you would get tourists from all parts of the country and some nightclubs and pubs down the seafront were rough as hell.

• 1 year later...
  • Subscriber

Any of you had a fight since 2019? I've not myself but this last month have nearly lost my cool while grocery shopping. Cunts having conversations which blocks aisles and stops you from being able to get to products. Pricks who know people are walking behind them yet decide to stop on the spot to go on their phones which is annoying. The rushers who whack your basket with their because they don't look look at where they going. This happened yesterday and I really felt like punching the nobhead.

1 hour ago, MUFC said:

Any of you had a fight since 2019? I've not myself but this last month have nearly lost my cool while grocery shopping. Cunts having conversations which blocks aisles and stops you from being able to get to products. Pricks who know people are walking behind them yet decide to stop on the spot to go on their phones which is annoying. The rushers who whack your basket with their because they don't look look at where they going. This happened yesterday and I really felt like punching the nobhead.

That is annoying but I find the more cunty people are the likes of M&S shoppers.

It's not often we go in there but when we do, there is a certain breed of people that can be so oblivious to what's going on around them and it tends to be those middle/upper slightly arrogant shoppers that shop in M&S and are used to the world revolving around them.

Stick them in Aldi and they'd come out traumatised.

• Subscriber

I normally push the trolley in supermarkets, I won't let her push it because if someone is standing there with the basket right in the middle of the aisle nattering away to someone the wife will just stand there in a quiet voice saying "excuse me, please...", not me, I have a loud voice and when I say excuse me they move quick smart otherwise a nudge from the trolley I am pushing on there one works wonders.

13 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

I normally push the trolley in supermarkets, I won't let her push it because if someone is standing there with the basket right in the middle of the aisle nattering away to someone the wife will just stand there in a quiet voice saying "excuse me, please...", not me, I have a loud voice and when I say excuse me they move quick smart otherwise a nudge from the trolley I am pushing on there one works wonders.

youre-hard-david-brent.gif

Archived