• Francesco Totti
  • Patrick Vieira
  • Alan Shearer
  • Andreas Brehme
  • Giuseppe Bergomi
  • Fabio Cannavaro
  • Tony Adams
  • Zlatan Ibrahimović

There's probably more that I can't think of right now, but I've said it before that this is a collective sport and entering a valuation of a footballer on the fact he may or may not have won this or that is stupid.  Diego Maradona never won the Ballon d'Or or any version of the best player in the world award and to dispute his significance on the historic stage is to deserve a good whipping with the most flexible stick available...  6 good lashings on the back of the knees if you ask me.  That type of argument like the one about scoring goals is exclusive to this fanboy era!  It's the type of argument people on low intelligence use to criticise Lionel Messi for example because he Argentina hasvn't won the World Cup...

What... Ronaldo isn't one of the greatest strikers in the history of the game?

Remember this also on LFCMadLad's quoting of Alan Shearer and the same can go for many other players...  There are a multitude of clubs and top players have played an play everywhere.  It's a matter of chance whether a team wins something apart from having to have a great collective at any given moment.  So many factors have to be looked at and Shearer like others were a top player within their respective clubs which makes everything so subjective and based on personal opinion but with one thing in common which is WE KNOW which players were or are great and no need to apply winning trophies that the collective have to win together.

I only hated Gerrard because he was really good and always played well against us. 

I was coming home from a Southampton stayover when he slipped, hungover. That last hour or so on the coach was great. 

Archived