• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

football forum

Cars & Motorcycles

Recommended Posts

Was just looking at the pics of the new Porsche and realised that we don't have a thread for it... Basically for anything car & motorcycle related. 

New Carerra 4S:

rp_-_porsche_992_911_carrera_4s-12.jpg?i

rp_-_porsche_992_911_carrera_4s-3.jpg?it

p18_0843_a5_rgb.jpg?itok=R1OIacrf

rp_-_porsche_992_911_carrera_4s-9.jpg?it

:x

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously I will be focusing on the two wheeled variety... B|

So lets start with some basics... The Motorbike Keyring

Often underestimated about what this tells you about a person and how and what they like to ride.. And here I am not talking about someone who often gets their bunch of keys out and casually throws them on the desk hoping you will notice the Harley Logo even though they probably don't actually own a bike at all!! I am talking about a proper keyring for bike owners.. 

Type 1

Image result for motorbike key rings

For ladies about town and men who lack the balls to have it out with the missus about getting a proper bike only to be beaten down and buying the 'sensible choice'

Mostly used for A to B journeys.. work and back or a quick trip down the shops, always pushed round the side of the house hoping no-one sees you get on it. Normally arrives early for work and leaves later than everyone else for the same reasons.. Once helmet is on however you can pretend you are riding a Harley. You can also ignore those kids laughing at you near the crossing because it's unlikely that anyone will recognize you anyway under those thick 'sensible' goggles 

Speed - You will have a hard time keeping up with old people on more powerful Mobility scooters and probably get cut up by skateboarders a lot

Fuel Consumption - Can go for miles and miles on 50p's worth of fuel... 

Street Cred - You will have less than Kayne West

Thrill Factor - About as much to look forward to climbing on that as you would trying to scale an 8 foot electric fence 

Danger Level - More a danger to others than yourself, bike is likely to crumple and break in pieces on impact with a plastic street cone, still if danger looms then just put your feet down and stand up straight and let the bike roll on and take the hit... 

Image result for scooter rider with goggles gif

Edited by Bluewolf
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having a Bike is good for doing things around town, saves time, picking and dropping etc but in the bigger picture the Traffic is just horrible when every other person has a Bike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And also helmet and condom ruin all the fun. Safety can screw itself :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Having a Bike is good for doing things around town, saves time, picking and dropping etc but in the bigger picture the Traffic is just horrible when every other person has a Bike.

It's even worse when every other person has a car... congested traffic is just shite in general but motorcycling causes much less traffic jams than cars do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Azeem said:

And also helmet and condom ruin all the fun. Safety can screw itself :ph34r:

 

Yeah, enjoy your fun when your eyes start to water up at 40 mph (64 kph).

Plus my helmet is sexy AF, and gets all the looks. (Not as sexy as me, though. :x )

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AMG said:

 

Yeah, enjoy your fun when your eyes start to water up at 40 mph (64 kph).

Plus my helmet is sexy AF, and gets all the looks. (Not as sexy as me, though. :x )

Pics! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nudge said:

Pics! 

 

Just a normal gloss black helmet with a mirror visor, with a xBhp sticker on it.

Gets attention due to the sticker, and due to mirror visor.

 

Hot-Gloss-Black-Full-Face-Mirror-Visor-S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AMG said:

 

Just a normal gloss black helmet with a mirror visor, with a xBhp sticker on it.

Gets attention due to the sticker, and due to mirror visor.

 

Hot-Gloss-Black-Full-Face-Mirror-Visor-S

Can't see the image :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, AMG said:

 

Yeah, enjoy your fun when your eyes start to water up at 40 mph (64 kph).

Plus my helmet is sexy AF, and gets all the looks. (Not as sexy as me, though. :x )

In subcontinent its more about brakes than accelerator 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, nudge said:

It's even worse when every other person has a car... congested traffic is just shite in general but motorcycling causes much less traffic jams than cars do.

Yes but more accidents than cars at least here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Yes but more accidents than cars at least here.

Not sure if more but definitely with worse consequences when they happen... One of the reasons why I have chickened out of getting a motorcycle here so far. Living in a small town now with barely any traffic at all though so will finally go for it this year :7_sweat_smile: Still need a car for the rainy season though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Azeem said:

In subcontinent its more about brakes than accelerator 

 

What Azeem wants you to believe what Pakistan is like

 

 

 

Vs

What pakistan actually is

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Type 2

Image result for motorbike key rings

The Motocross or Rally Bike as it is sometimes known... 

Here we ramp up the stakes a bit with this all terrain terror... The Rally Car for bikers... Mostly comes under 'Thrill Seeker' heading even the lower powered versions of these ( 125cc ) can pack a decent punch if used for the intended purpose.. Great for tarmac, grass, hills, fields, streams..  you name it this beauty can probably climb it or cross it if you have the nerve that is.. nothing better than giving it full throttle on an uphill and sliding that back wheel out on muddy corners.. A great bit of kit if you often find yourself being pursued by the law.. :ph34r:

Need to be a bit on the leggy or tall side though to own one these as they come high off the ground and you may find yourself on tip toes at the lights or leaning the back over to get a solid foot on the floor, also a great degree of physical flexibility is required as these things require your full focus when on rough or uneven ground.. great for everyday use and open faced peaked helmet as there is no shame in owning one of these.. temptation to pull a wheelie at the lights is very high with this.. 

Speed - Great breakaway speed and depending on the bike power is normally sustainable 

Fuel Consumption - Probably get about 70-80 miles on one tank

Street Cred - Decent, people are probably happy to associate with you after working hours

Thrill Factor - Medium to High depending on use.. A ride down the shops is just a right or left turn away from an off road romp.. 

Danger Level - Medium, good riders know how to handle a bike like this but tumbles and falling off is inevitable at some point in off road pursuits but don't cry about it, take the knocks and get straight back on or trade it in for a scooter you pussy!  

Related image

When I was about 18 I used to have a mate that owned a 250cc Yamaha one of these and one night while a whole bunch of us were at the White Hart pub in Chessington celebrating someones birthday he rocked up on it and asked if I could go give him a hand for bit to move something heavy from his shed so I jumped on the back and he showed off a bit by giving it full throttle and wheelied it on the spot and then promptly overturned it backwards and we came crashing to the floor much to everyone's amusement.. All I remember was the sudden thud on my helmet as it hit the floor and then looking over at my mate who was half laying on me and the bike half on him and he said " are you ok " and we both burst out laughing... 

We used it over the fields and if you crashed it he would be more concerned about you than his bike... He used to say he can always replace bike parts but couldn't replace a person.. great bloke who I have sadly lost touch with over time

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AMG said:

 

 

Quality that is... Would love to test myself with something like that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone seen the Mercedes F1 road car?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

Type 2

Image result for motorbike key rings

The Motocross or Rally Bike as it is sometimes known... 

Here we ramp up the stakes a bit with this all terrain terror... The Rally Car for bikers... Mostly comes under 'Thrill Seeker' heading even the lower powered versions of these ( 125cc ) can pack a decent punch if used for the intended purpose.. Great for tarmac, grass, hills, fields, streams..  you name it this beauty can probably climb it or cross it if you have the nerve that is.. nothing better than giving it full throttle on an uphill and sliding that back wheel out on muddy corners.. A great bit of kit if you often find yourself being pursued by the law.. :ph34r:

Need to be a bit on the leggy or tall side though to own one these as they come high off the ground and you may find yourself on tip toes at the lights or leaning the back over to get a solid foot on the floor, also a great degree of physical flexibility is required as these things require your full focus when on rough or uneven ground.. great for everyday use and open faced peaked helmet as there is no shame in owning one of these.. temptation to pull a wheelie at the lights is very high with this.. 

Speed - Great breakaway speed and depending on the bike power is normally sustainable 

Fuel Consumption - Probably get about 70-80 miles on one tank

Street Cred - Decent, people are probably happy to associate with you after working hours

Thrill Factor - Medium to High depending on use.. A ride down the shops is just a right or left turn away from an off road romp.. 

Danger Level - Medium, good riders know how to handle a bike like this but tumbles and falling off is inevitable at some point in off road pursuits but don't cry about it, take the knocks and get straight back on or trade it in for a scooter you pussy!  

Related image

When I was about 18 I used to have a mate that owned a 250cc Yamaha one of these and one night while a whole bunch of us were at the White Hart pub in Chessington celebrating someones birthday he rocked up on it and asked if I could go give him a hand for bit to move something heavy from his shed so I jumped on the back and he showed off a bit by giving it full throttle and wheelied it on the spot and then promptly overturned it backwards and we came crashing to the floor much to everyone's amusement.. All I remember was the sudden thud on my helmet as it hit the floor and then looking over at my mate who was half laying on me and the bike half on him and he said " are you ok " and we both burst out laughing... 

We used it over the fields and if you crashed it he would be more concerned about you than his bike... He used to say he can always replace bike parts but couldn't replace a person.. great bloke who I have sadly lost touch with over time

Riding a Kawasaki KX125 in the woods as a teen is my only experience with motorbikes (bar scooters)... Love motocross bikes; both for their aesthetics, sound (two stroke ftw :x) and fun factor. 

kawasaki-kx-125-1998-moto.jpeg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, MUFC said:

Anyone seen the Mercedes F1 road car?

You mean AMG Project One? It's supposed to be a beast but I personally don't like the looks... and its production has been delayed until 2020. Much prefer Porsche 918 Spyder or Koenigsegg One:1. If you're into hypercars, definitely tune into the Le Mans race next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah project 1, saw it unveiled at a show by sexy Lewis Hamilton. The inside is crazy, you're right looks ain't the best, to look at at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nudge said:

Riding a Kawasaki KX125 in the woods as a teen is my only experience with motorbikes (bar scooters)... Love motocross bikes; both for their aesthetics, sound (two stroke ftw :x) and fun factor. 

kawasaki-kx-125-1998-moto.jpeg

Great stuff... :D did you ever come off?? normally once bitten by the biking bug people don't often stray from that path until personal circumstances or serious injury dictate otherwise... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Great stuff... :D did you ever come off?? normally once bitten by the biking bug people don't often stray from that path until personal circumstances or serious injury dictate otherwise... 

Landed on my arse a few times at first when I was still figuring out the clutch/throttle and front breaking haha but nothing serious at all and it doesn't put me off biking as I absolutely loved it back then... I was introduced to biking by my ex-teacher and her husband; at that time they were really like a substitute family for me as things at home were rough and I spent a lot of time at their place, and that was the bike they gave me to practice (her husband basically rebuilt it himself as well). Fell in love with bikes as a result but a lot of things changed and I moved a lot in the next couple of years, so never really had a chance to get into it properly, get my own bike and improve my skills but it always been one of my dreams; will have to start anew now again as this was about 18 years ago and I barely rode a scooter a few times since then...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't ridden a motorbike since my accident. I don't know if I've posted anything about it on here - but it was a pretty awful experience all in all, so I'll share the story.

I was south on the freeway, riding home around 9:30ish in the evening. Before I could really react, the car next to me moved into my lane and sideswiped me. I bounced off the road with my head pretty much and slammed into the divider between the southbound traffic and northbound traffic. I broke 6 ribs on the left side of my ribcage, my elbow somehow, and my shoulder got dislocated when I hit the divider. I wasn't even riding in the lane next to that divider, so when I bounced, I basically bounced over a whole lane or something. I'm not really sure what happened though, because a lot of my memory of that is just my brain rattling around in my helmet and me thinking "holy shit, I'm going to fucking die."

The fucker who sideswiped me was drunk as fuck and drove off. But the people who were driving behind me took a picture of the car's license plate and waited with me while they reported it and called an ambulance. I was unconscious for a bit, not really sure how long tbh.

And I basically owe my life to my helmet manufacturers. I can attest to their quality because I'm still alive and I don't have any brain damage (I think I don't at least). So if any of you want a reliable helmet that'll keep your head in tact, I recommend Bell.

And I've got a friend who had a much less scary crash than me, but also on the freeway and he's got some pretty bad looking roadrash. So I'm lucky in that regard as well. I miss riding very much and I'd like to get a bike again... but at the same time, I'm most likely not going to do that while I'm living in California. The drivers are too shite. Especially where I live, it's basically the drink driving capital of the west coast. But if I'm honest, I might be too traumatised to ever ride again.

  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I haven't ridden a motorbike since my accident. I don't know if I've posted anything about it on here - but it was a pretty awful experience all in all, so I'll share the story.

I was south on the freeway, riding home around 9:30ish in the evening. Before I could really react, the car next to me moved into my lane and sideswiped me. I bounced off the road with my head pretty much and slammed into the divider between the southbound traffic and northbound traffic. I broke 6 ribs on the left side of my ribcage, my elbow somehow, and my shoulder got dislocated when I hit the divider. I wasn't even riding in the lane next to that divider, so when I bounced, I basically bounced over a whole lane or something. I'm not really sure what happened though, because a lot of my memory of that is just my brain rattling around in my helmet and me thinking "holy shit, I'm going to fucking die."

The fucker who sideswiped me was drunk as fuck and drove off. But the people who were driving behind me took a picture of the car's license plate and waited with me while they reported it and called an ambulance. I was unconscious for a bit, not really sure how long tbh.

And I basically owe my life to my helmet manufacturers. I can attest to their quality because I'm still alive and I don't have any brain damage (I think I don't at least). So if any of you want a reliable helmet that'll keep your head in tact, I recommend Bell.

And I've got a friend who had a much less scary crash than me, but also on the freeway and he's got some pretty bad looking roadrash. So I'm lucky in that regard as well. I miss riding very much and I'd like to get a bike again... but at the same time, I'm most likely not going to do that while I'm living in California. The drivers are too shite. Especially where I live, it's basically the drink driving capital of the west coast. But if I'm honest, I might be too traumatised to ever ride again.

Very lucky there mate by the sounds of things... Getting back on the bike after an accident like that is always hard to do.. glad everything worked out for you though.. had a few incidents myself over the years but thankfully nothing serious

I do have a recent sad story that didn't turn out too well... My eldest daughter Laura has this mate and she has a couple of kids, well she split up with her boyfriend of 9 years about 3 months before Christmas after he left to be with some other woman so she took the kids to her mum's down in Portsmouth. Well this new woman he started seeing had a jealous ex and as a result got his car smashed up one night so instead of taking that he had to ride down to Portsmouth on his bike to see the kids instead, he came off the bike on his way down and hit a tree and he was killed instantly... not sure what caused it, speeding or being hit but he broke his back and all his internal injuries meant there was no chance for him.. sad turn of events

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Very lucky there mate by the sounds of things... Getting back on the bike after an accident like that is always hard to do.. glad everything worked out for you though.. had a few incidents myself over the years but thankfully nothing serious

I do have a recent sad story that didn't turn out too well... My eldest daughter Laura has this mate and she has a couple of kids, well she split up with her boyfriend of 9 years about 3 months before Christmas after he left to be with some other woman so she took the kids to her mum's down in Portsmouth. Well this new woman he started seeing had a jealous ex and as a result got his car smashed up one night so instead of taking that he had to ride down to Portsmouth on his bike to see the kids instead, he came off the bike on his way down and hit a tree and he was killed instantly... not sure what caused it, speeding or being hit but he broke his back and all his internal injuries meant there was no chance for him.. sad turn of events

Yeah, I got incredibly lucky. Honestly don't know how I walked away from that (well I didn't walk away from it, I was stretchered away) without any internal bleeding and really with just some broken bones and a concussion.

That's a very sad story though and it's part of the reason why I'm terrified to get back on a bike after the crash. I got lucky, but if I'd hit the ground or the barrier a slightly different way I could have ended up like that poor bloke trying to see the kids. Very sad that's the last thing he set out to do :( - poor kids

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your accident sounds awful @Dr. Gonzo, glad to hear you made it alive and relatively well. I think I'd never feel comfortable riding in a relatively busy traffic myself; seen too many accidents like that here and it's not really worth the risk for me... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I haven't ridden a motorbike since my accident. I don't know if I've posted anything about it on here - but it was a pretty awful experience all in all, so I'll share the story.

 I was south on the freeway, riding home around 9:30ish in the evening. Before I could really react, the car next to me moved into my lane and sideswiped me. I bounced off the road with my head pretty much and slammed into the divider between the southbound traffic and northbound traffic. I broke 6 ribs on the left side of my ribcage, my elbow somehow, and my shoulder got dislocated when I hit the divider. I wasn't even riding in the lane next to that divider, so when I bounced, I basically bounced over a whole lane or something. I'm not really sure what happened though, because a lot of my memory of that is just my brain rattling around in my helmet and me thinking "holy shit, I'm going to fucking die."

 The fucker who sideswiped me was drunk as fuck and drove off. But the people who were driving behind me took a picture of the car's license plate and waited with me while they reported it and called an ambulance. I was unconscious for a bit, not really sure how long tbh.

 And I basically owe my life to my helmet manufacturers. I can attest to their quality because I'm still alive and I don't have any brain damage (I think I don't at least). So if any of you want a reliable helmet that'll keep your head in tact, I recommend Bell.

 And I've got a friend who had a much less scary crash than me, but also on the freeway and he's got some pretty bad looking roadrash. So I'm lucky in that regard as well. I miss riding very much and I'd like to get a bike again... but at the same time, I'm most likely not going to do that while I'm living in California. The drivers are too shite. Especially where I live, it's basically the drink driving capital of the west coast. But if I'm honest, I might be too traumatised to ever ride again.

 

I understand.

Whenever someone asks me to recommend a motorcycle, I recommend a car.

They are like, but we wanted a motorcycle suggestion.

 

I say, "No motorcycle is going to be as safe as even the cheapest 1 star NCAP car, so go get a car. Motorcycling is a something that you do with your heart, not your head. And if you have your heart on motorcycling, and the pull of the saddle is stronger than the fear of hospitalization with broken bones or amputations, go get one that you have your heart on."

 

Needless to say, very few do.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I currently drive a Mini Cooper D although counting down the seconds until I can get myself an estate. I've never been a fan of smaller cars, the Mini was a fix to a problem I had to do with work although that problem no longer exists.

I've been looking at a Ford Mondeo Estate or a Kia Optima Estate, either would make me happy. Moreso the Mondeo because they look mean as fuck thanks to the sexy grill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Type 3

Image result for motorbike key rings

The Sports Bike or 'Racer' as it's known in some quarters... 

These are some serious pieces of equipment built for one thing only.. Speed! comes under the heading of 'Thrill Seeker' or 'Speed Freak' amongst others..

You need a bit of money in your pocket if you fancy following this path not only for the bike itself but all the protective clothing that goes with it.. These are not for the faint hearted as some of the top models could cause serious neck injuries if not hunkering down on the tank while giving it some welly... If you don't mind seeing everything go by in a blur and love that white line then this is the bike for you, instant acceleration and reaching epic breakneck speeds and best used on long stretches of motorway to get the full enjoyment, there is of course always the Isle of man TT if you fancy testing yourself against the best out there. I would like to say that the 125cc versions are good as well but in truth I have got hairdryers in the house that have more power and make less of a whining noise, unless you are in the racing game then street 125's are pretty shit as most are restricted unless you are capable of making those all important modifications.. 

Speed - Low level fairly safe, Upper limit max power though then you can go so fast that in the time it takes you to breathe in and out you may have covered half a mile of road.. 

Fuel Consumption - Varies depending on model but it does burn through the petrol fairly quickly, maybe get 40-60 miles on one tank of fuel, more modern technology and fuel efficiency may have improved this though over the years.. 

Street Cred - Excellent, people will cross over the road to talk to you rather than crossing over to avoid you

Thrill Factor - High to Extreme depending on use.. You will be opening it up at every opportunity and probably take the long way home after work.. 

Danger Level - High, Even in dry conditions these can be a handful at high speeds so expect danger at every corner and roundabout in shit weather.. 

Image result for isle of man tt bike gifs

I was lucky enough to have a run out on a Honda CBR600 in the early hours of a frosty morning when working nights once, a bloke who worked there gave me an opportunity to test it out. it was about 4am in the morning and we were on an estate so took it out and gave it a little bit of welly, my fucking heart was in my mouth at the acceleration.. totally unexpected and by the time I had got back with it my eyes were streaming tears with the cold wind hitting my face.. looked like I had been crying.. xD not for me personally as I just can't get on with the seating position of them but can't knock that power.. When we were out on our bikes one afternoon on a run from the coast we hit a stretch of motorway and started racing each other and got somewhere around 90-100mph and these 3 lads rode past in t-shirts and jeans on these power bikes and just passed us like we had slowed down to 20 miles an hour, incredible speed, fuck knows what they were hitting.. 

 

Edited by Bluewolf
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rab said:

I currently drive a Mini Cooper D although counting down the seconds until I can get myself an estate. I've never been a fan of smaller cars, the Mini was a fix to a problem I had to do with work although that problem no longer exists.

I've been looking at a Ford Mondeo Estate or a Kia Optima Estate, either would make me happy. Moreso the Mondeo because they look mean as fuck thanks to the sexy grill.

 

Skoda octavia estate gets my vote.

Especially in that vRS variant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement