talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cars & Motorcycles

football forum

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Excellent... Thought you might get it out of everyone on here... then thought it had slipped by unnoticed 

It almost did :D but Gonzo's reply prompted me to look at your post again and that's when I noticed the question xD 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just been watching an old Top Gear episode I have never seen before and there was a section in it where James May visited Chris Evans who has quite a large collection of Ferrari's including his purchase of the 13th of 56 1961 Ferrari 250GT California Spyder that used to be owned by James Coburn, Apparently during the filming of 'The Great Escape' Steve McQueen persuaded him to buy it... did a bit of digging on it ( see below ) 

James May said when he took it out on the streets for a drive it was so expensive that he likened it to taking a Rembrandt down the pub.. xD

Photo: thesun

coburn+ferrari.jpg

coburn.jpg

coburn+2.jpg

coburn+3.jpg

61a.jpg

61.jpg

A 42 yr old British multimillionaire television and radio personality bought the 13th of 56 built '61 Ferrari 250 GT California Spyder for $10,894,900, the highest price ever paid for a vintage car at auction, according to RM Auctions and Sotheby's, the companies that organized the sale. 

Coburn (who died in '02) bought the car second-hand in 1964, shortly after completing "The Great Escape." Coburn had this car tuned up by Max Balchowsky at Hollywood Motors. Balchowsky was a successful racing driver famous for his homebuilt Old Yeller racing cars. His garage was a popular hangout for Hollywood’s “genuine car guys” as Steve McQueen, James Garner and Coburn. Throughout Coburn’s ownership, he repainted the vehicle three times, first in dark blue, followed by silver and finally burgundy. The car appeared on the auction block in its original Nero black.

It may well have been Steve McQueen’s influence that sparked Coburn’s interest in fast cars. McQueen already owned a 1958 Porsche Speedster 1600 Super and a 1957 Jaguar XK-SS. He would go on to own a Ferrari 250 GT Lusso and a stunning 275 GTS/4 NART Spyder. 

Between 1959 and 1960 James Coburn co-starred with him in three episodes of “Wanted Dead or Alive” (they shared the same manager). The McQueen family and James Coburn would remain friends for life. They co-starred together in their first feature film, “The Magnificent Seven” in 1960 and another iconic picture “The Great Escape” in 1963 where they were joined by friend James Garner.

• Like 1

• Subscriber

https://kotaku.com/welcome-to-itasha-heaven-1834408916

Itasha (痛車) literally means “pain mobile” and either refers to the pain it inflicts on car owners’ wallets to trick out their rides or how it affects the eyes of those who see these wheels. The Japanese word tengoku (天国) means “heaven.”

I don't know whats worse, that someone thinks thats nice or that it looks like I walked into an ice-cream shop and all the colours made me want to vomit.

• Confused 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@nudge Got up a bit late this morning so had to take the car in, took my mate over the cafe in it this morning and thought you might like to see it.. 

t528lh.jpg

qnpr10.jpg

People often stop and ask me how I can afford such a car and I always tell them the same thing... That I get paid based on my levels of Intelligence, Hard work, Inspirational leadership skills and course my overall contribution and worth to the company....  

Which is fine if the real owner of the car has just gone in the cafe and they don't get to see how I normally turn up for work in the morning.. B|

Image result for electric scooter gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Nice... Only the steering wheel is on the wrong side :ph34r: 

If it's on the side where I am driving it's on the right side.... B|

I am going to buy this car so when our Greek holiday home comes through we can drive around town and you can throw money out to the local peasants... 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

If it's on the side where I am driving it's on the right side.... B|

I am going to buy this car so when our Greek holiday home comes through we can drive around town and you can throw money out to the local peasants... 

One of these Porsches would probably be more suitable for rural Greek roads xD 

64a45b20ac667cf110931726fc50a559.jpg

IMG_8173-1024x683.jpg

6037fb151d0f90cbd29929437bd2d97a.jpg

_Porsche-Qatar-716.jpg

c0376a394a562c22a4e461836dfd07a5.jpg

1-brug-6-1920x1000.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nudge said:

One of these Porsches would probably be more suitable for rural Greek roads xD 

64a45b20ac667cf110931726fc50a559.jpg

IMG_8173-1024x683.jpg

6037fb151d0f90cbd29929437bd2d97a.jpg

_Porsche-Qatar-716.jpg

c0376a394a562c22a4e461836dfd07a5.jpg

1-brug-6-1920x1000.jpg

As long as I have you by my side I don't care what mode of transport we have... B| I think we should have a car and bike for all occasions personally.. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

As long as I have you by my side I don't care what mode of transport we have... B| I think we should have a car and bike for all occasions personally.. 

Sure. And a helicopter for special occasions and emergencies (like running away from angry peasants). Always wanted to get my pilot license...

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...