talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cars & Motorcycles

football forum

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Jaguar or Mercedes? 

Like ever... or out of the current production models?

Ever... a classic Jag E-Type makes Jag the clear winner imo. Maybe it's because I'm English, but that car is pure fucking sex.

Modern day? I think jags are shit based off what I know about them (although they've got that F-Type which looks really nice and if that was all I cared about in a car) and I don't really like Mercedes styling... but my fiancé's GLA is a pretty fun car to drive. So then I guess it's down to the budget as to which I'd prefer.

But if budget isn't an issue, then I'm getting a classic E-Type and then Jag wins that battle 

• Subscriber
25 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Like ever... or out of the current production models?

Ever... a classic Jag E-Type makes Jag the clear winner imo. Maybe it's because I'm English, but that car is pure fucking sex.

Modern day? I think jags are shit based off what I know about them (although they've got that F-Type which looks really nice and if that was all I cared about in a car) and I don't really like Mercedes styling... but my fiancé's GLA is a pretty fun car to drive. So then I guess it's down to the budget as to which I'd prefer.

But if budget isn't an issue, then I'm getting a classic E-Type and then Jag wins that battle 

Haha just looking for a used car to buy to use when I'm in Europe and considering my options... Have a few Jaguars and a few Mercedes I'm looking at the moment (all older models; X and S Type for the Jag and various models of Mercedes but CLK 230 is currently my favourite).

13 minutes ago, nudge said:

Haha just looking for a used car to buy to use when I'm in Europe and considering my options... Have a few Jaguars and a few Mercedes I'm looking at the moment (all older models; X and S Type for the Jag and various models of Mercedes but CLK 230 is currently my favourite).

I’d go with a Benz, I’ve not heard many good things about Jags that have been made in my lifetime tbh

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I’d go with a Benz, I’ve not heard many good things about Jags that have been made in my lifetime tbh

Yeah I think so too. Originally I only considered Mercedes anyway since their engine is a workhorse and it's one of the most important factors for me when buying an old car (fun fact: a friend who renovates boats actually puts old Mercedes engines into them haha) until I accidentally got a few decent offers for the Jags today and I've always been a sucker for them (probably the only English manufacturer I truly like) so that gave me some second thoughts. But yeah should probably stick with Daimler.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Yeah I think so too. Originally I only considered Mercedes anyway since their engine is a workhorse and it's one of the most important factors for me when buying an old car (fun fact: a friend who renovates boats actually puts old Mercedes engines into them haha) until I accidentally got a few decent offers for the Jags today and I've always been a sucker for them (probably the only English manufacturer I truly like) so that gave me some second thoughts. But yeah should probably stick with Daimler.

I’ve been told by a mechanic relative: don’t you ever buy a Jag or a Range Rover, it’s not worth the maintenance.

It’s probably good advice. Granted, that’s when they were both Ford owned. I’d still buy an E-Type if I ever got a chance though because if that’s happening I’m rich as fuck and I won’t give a shit about maintenance xD

But I think a safer bet as a consumer would be a Benz

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ever had anyone come up to you and just ask "hey, would you be interested in selling your car?"

Err... what mate? Go to a place where people typically buy cars rather than just approaching some random bloke in a car park as he's putting groceries into the car.

9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Ever had anyone come up to you and just ask "hey, would you be interested in selling your car?"

Err... what mate? Go to a place where people typically buy cars rather than just approaching some random bloke in a car park as he's putting groceries into the car.

I wish someone would ask me this. I'm interested in selling mine privately but can't be fucked with the hassle.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Suppose it would be ok if you were rich and wanted to get from A to B on Mars.... pretty sure I could come up with something a little less like posh peoples lego.. 

That just looks horrible... 

To be honest I'm just extremely disappointed you didn't comment on the motorcycles I posted earlier on in this thread :(

2020-Indian-Scout-Bobber-Twenty-First-Lo

@nudge This is probably my favourite out of those... not really been a fan of Moto Guzzi... 

Talking of being on Mars I would be happy to zip around the place on this.. 

bc367d63bea7e226d789917b628a6cb5.jpg

We can see if we can pick you up one of these from the second hand disused Galactic Junk Yard and we can spend the days just racing each other across the dunes... B|

scout troopers

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

@nudge Talking of being on Mars I would be happy to zip around the place on this.. 

bc367d63bea7e226d789917b628a6cb5.jpg

We can see if we can pick you up one of these from the second hand disused Galactic Junk Yard and we can spend the days just racing each other across the dunes... B|

scout troopers

I'm taking this one for the dunes...

1476322_582393778497547_278720445_n-M.jp

:D 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

Science of Sci-Fi

Russian Scientists Are Building a Motorcycle For Outer Space

FULL REPORT

I think I will hold fire until they have a little style about them.... Wouldn't want anyone to see me riding around in an open washing machine, it wouldn't do my space cred any good... They would be laughing at me down the space cafe if I rocked up on that.. 

• Haha 2