talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cars & Motorcycles

football forum

23 minutes ago, Michael Simeonovitch said:

Just bought my first car yesterday.

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-used-for-sale/62541/New Delhi/2007/Hyundai/Getz.html/

Yes. Its a Hyundai. Yes it's used. Yes, I'm poor. 

I'm not sure much that is in USD, but my first car was awful. My Dad was a firm believer that if I wanted a nice car, I had to work for it, so be bought me something like this for almost pennies. Last me 5 years. 

35263020.jpg

• Like 1

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Eco said:

I'm not sure much that is in USD, but my first car was awful. My Dad was a firm believer that if I wanted a nice car, I had to work for it, so be bought me something like this for almost pennies. Last me 5 years. 

35263020.jpg

Wait what is this? A copy of Toyota Corolla? O.o

Older cars at least have character. The new ones bar the luxury brands and some other exceptions all tend to look more or less the same.

2 hours ago, nudge said:

Wait what is this? A copy of Toyota Corolla? O.o

Older cars at least have character. The new ones bar the luxury brands and some other exceptions all tend to look more or less the same.

Geo Prizm. 

No longer made as they were shit cars. 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Eco said:

Geo Prizm. 

No longer made as they were shit cars. 

Never heard of it before so I googled it an indeed it seems it was based on Toyota Sprinter/Corolla and the two were more or less identical and built in the same facotry... So yeah I agree it's a shit car.

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Never heard of it before so I googled it an indeed it seems it was based on Toyota Sprinter/Corolla and the two were more or less identical and built in the same facotry... So yeah I agree it's a shit car.

Shit = Cheap

• Subscriber
35 minutes ago, Eco said:

Shit = Cheap

Not necessarily. An affordable or even cheap old second hand car can be very reliable and serve you for years provided it's always been properly maintained and cared for and you continue to do that as well. Normally Corollas are very reliable so I'm a bit surprised if its derivative isn't unless it wasn't well maintained or if you're just unlucky... In my case it was both so I have a bit of skepticism regarding Toyotas now xD 

On the other hand I also had a 10 year old Mondeo that cost me less than 1500€ back then and after some repairs and then proper maintenance after that it was golden - no problems, great performance, always passed technical inspection without failure. Loved that car. In fact when I sold it to the next person 9 years later and we went to a garage for a checkup the mechanic was very surprised as he said he never saw a car of that age in such a good condition.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

@nudge @Eco @Dr. Gonzo and whoever else, I don't drive but who is in the wrong here?  :|

I dunno tbh - can cops give tickets when they're in uniform but... not at work? Because it didn't look like he's at work... and I don't know about that state, but in California the plain clothes/unmarked vehicles with cops in them have no letters on the license plate... so to me, this looks like this cop's private vehicle. I'd assume he was on his way to work, while in uniform. Is that considered on duty?

Secondly, no idea if it's true that beeping the horn is considered road rage there. In the US, cops are actually allowed to lie about the law... but if that's a law, that's a fucking stupid law lol. Imagine you use the horn to avoid an accident and there's a cop behind you that writes you a ticket for road rage just for trying to avoid hitting someone xD

The thing about drivers being on their phones is... yeah it's illegal.... but at the same time, if you're going to do that to every driver you see on your phone you'll be beeping your horn (and risking a charge of "Road Rage" in the state of Colorado) fucking constantly. And I imagine you'll be pissing a lot of people off in the process.

Honestly, I think they're both in the wrong. It's not the rider's job to do traffic enforcement. The cop shouldn't have been texting on the phone and assuming that people would know he's a cop while he's in his own vehicle (unless in Colorado, the unmarked police cars don't have different license plates) - especially because he's a fucking cop and cops shouldn't be breaking the law.

If I were a judge, I would sentence both of them to 2 weeks community service just for allowing traffic to build up behind them like that.

• Subscriber
49 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Has anyone else seen this hideous monstrosity... jesus

I wouldn't even want to be seen in that if it was black and I was being carted off to my own funeral... so much for unbreakable glass.. :ph34r:

See the source image

This one of those rare occasions when a vomiting react emoji would be very useful... xD

That thing is hideous.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...