talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cars & Motorcycles

football forum

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Eco said:

Looking at getting a new car (and maybe a bike) here in the coming months. Thinking of going with the car that I've always wanted, and that is the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon that is similar to this one - 

628827753d4fe00bf0ca58199fbe6257.jpg

As for bike, my dream is something along these lines - 

chief-dark-horse-thunder-black-smoke.png

Never took you for a bike person, hehe.

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Only watched the first video, most of them look like obnoxious boats, but yeah, that Rolls Royce takes the cake... As you said, I'm sure they have plenty of technical innovations inside, but what disappoints me is that the majority of them also aspire to be as flashy as possible and seem to think that the more LED lights (mostly looking at you there, Bentley), the better. I know concept cars are not about practicality at all and is just imagination running wild, but still, many of the design parts doesn't really make sense. Moving breaking lights? Glass floor? Red carpet imitation? Floating top (good luck with that during the rain)? Using your smartphone as the dashboard? Silly gimmicks. Wouldn't want to have an accident in any of those either, pretty much a coffin with no way out.

That pretty much covers it.... 

The ones where you had no door and had to slide in over the top as well seemed a pretty naff idea... Also some of them doors and bits took a while to open, can't imagine what it would be like holding 4 bags of Asda groceries while I am waiting for my walk in door to finish opening... Also the one where the steering wheel moved back to the dashboard was pretty noisy?? reminded me of how my first CD player sounded when I loaded it up in the tray and pressed close... xD  

Not keen on that Rose Red tinted windscreen... looks flash on the outside but inside looks like the kind of lighting you might find in a lap dancing booth.... well, so I am told anyway.. 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluewolf said:

That pretty much covers it.... 

The ones where you had no door and had to slide in over the top as well seemed a pretty naff idea... Also some of them doors and bits took a while to open, can't imagine what it would be like holding 4 bags of Asda groceries while I am waiting for my walk in door to finish opening... Also the one where the steering wheel moved back to the dashboard was pretty noisy?? reminded me of how my first CD player sounded when I loaded it up in the tray and pressed close... xD  

Not keen on that Rose Red tinted windscreen... looks flash on the outside but inside looks like the kind of lighting you might find in a lap dancing booth.... well, so I am told anyway.. 

Thought the same... xD Also spot on regarding the CD tray noise :4_joy: I think that red windscreen would trigger a seizure in me after a while, and I'm not even epileptic.

Appearance wise, I only find the Batman Merc and the Peugeot passable. That drone Audi looks like the cars in Westworld xD 

22 minutes ago, nudge said:

That drone Audi looks like the cars in Westworld

It did didn't it... xD Also for the asking price they are no doubt going to be going for I would have expected a butler to emerge from that side hatch on the Rolls Royce to carry them cases for me.... Can't believe that was the best they could come up with though, They must have no imagination whatsoever in that building... If someone gave me £500,000 to spend making one of them old fashioned Go-Carts that's what it would probably end up looking like... 

3f7e0bacd0303a7d455a2774dcff8724.jpg   Rolls Royce concept car explores the future of luxury transport

Laziness, pure laziness.... 

Edited by Bluewolf
  • Haha 1

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

It did didn't it... xD Also for the asking price they are no doubt going to be going for I would have expected a butler to emerge from that side hatch on the Rolls Royce to carry them cases for me.... Can't believe that was the best they could come up with though, They must have no imagination whatsoever in that building... If someone gave me £500,000 to spend making one of them old fashioned Go-Carts that's what it would probably end up looking like... 

3f7e0bacd0303a7d455a2774dcff8724.jpg   Rolls Royce concept car explores the future of luxury transport

Laziness, pure laziness.... 

If they decided to built a fully autonomous luxury car, they should at least have built a mini bar in, don't you think??? 

• Like 1

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Eco said:

Really? 

Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing..

Haha, bikes are always a good thing. I just didn't think of you as a bike person as I don't think you ever mentioned it!

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

Haha, bikes are always a good thing. I just didn't think of you as a bike person as I don't think you ever mentioned it!

Oh yeah, my buddy had one like the one I posted, and I learn to ride on it then. But I rather enjoy one

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, nudge said:

:o It's absolutely incredible that car survived until this day, nevermind in such a mint condition!

Just never know what's lurking about in peoples garages do you... How much more stuff is out there, not just cars or bikes but other rare items in peoples collections built up over years yet to see the light of day.. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluewolf said:

Just never know what's lurking about in peoples garages do you... How much more stuff is out there, not just cars or bikes but other rare items in peoples collections built up over years yet to see the light of day.. 

Imagine archeologists some 1000 years in the future digging up a freaking Mustang :4_joy:

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 21/07/2020 at 00:33, nudge said:

Imagine archeologists some 1000 years in the future digging up a freaking Mustang :4_joy:

Imagine in 50 years from now, somebody like Richard Rawlings barn-finding a 2020 Mustang, and electric swapping it.

On 29/04/2020 at 16:49, CaaC (John) said:

Harley-Davidson's profits plunge amid coronavirus lockdown

Harley-Davidson reported a 45% drop in quarterly profits as motorcycle sales were hit by the global coronavirus pandemic.

Harley-Davidson exits India

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-09-24/harley-exits-india-in-another-blow-to-modi-s-manufacturing-push 

New One-Off Ferrari

Sharing only its headlights and windscreen with a standard 812 Superfast, the Omologata is described as a "vibrant evocation of the values that define Ferrari in relation to GT racing: a car that is equally at ease on the road as it is hitting the apex on the track". It's a throwback, then, the Omologata; a contemporary yet retro celebration to conjure up the 250s, 275s and Daytonas of way back when, their V12s howling and string-back driving gloves sawing away at wooden steering wheels

05_Ferrari_Omologata_r_3_4_2.jpg

04_Ferrari_Omologata_r.jpg

03_Ferrari_Omologata_r_3_4.jpg 

01_Ferrari_Omologata_fr_3_4.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • Subscriber

I saw this thread and thought ah perfect... people talking about their cars... instead it’s just a fantasy thread :x xD

Anyway, I’m currently shopping for a new car. As my old Golf has just failed it’s MOT and I want to get rid of it.

What are peoples opinions on Renaults? I like the Capture 

renaultcaptur2013to2017.jpg

but just shown  my mate and he just said “renaults are bad.. French make shit cars” xD

I have 0 knowledge and not much of a passion for cars hence me posting here.  I’m looking for something a bit bigger with a decent size boot. I'm not buying brand new and my budget is probably 10k max.

Edited by JOSHBRFC

• Administrator

Not that fond of Renault's either. A couple of neighbours had Renault's and both had bad experiences; both ended up changing their cars within the year. 

@JOSHBRFC what about Skoda? They're usually quite spacious and reliable. Not the small Fabia's or estates like Octavia. Maybe Karoq?

Or Nissan Juke? My mum's had one for last few years and loves it. They look quite boxy but inside, both for seats and boot-space, there's actually quite a bit of space to work with. Easy for a baby/child's seat to go in as well...

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Not that fond of Renault's either. A couple of neighbours had Renault's and both had bad experiences; both ended up changing their cars within the year. 

@JOSHBRFC what about Skoda? They're usually quite spacious and reliable. Not the small Fabia's or estates like Octavia. Maybe Karoq?

Or Nissan Juke? My mum's had one for last few years and loves it. They look quite boxy but inside, both for seats and boot-space, there's actually quite a bit of space to work with. Easy for a baby/child's seat to go in as well...

Skoda seems out of my price range. 

Nissan’s seem okay though, cheers I’ll have a look. Mate had one of them Juke’s actually.. I’ll ask him. 

Thanks 

Edited by JOSHBRFC