talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cars & Motorcycles

football forum

On 27/11/2020 at 15:26, Devil-Dick Willie said:

57098958_1480787802057583_2839320514797764608_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=qFwA1lK431sAX_W6tyG&_nc_ht=scontent.fsyd3-1.fna&oh=cedda51f966d93e966afaf9e5b17fae6&oe=5FE5B9D1

This is me 

I haven't ridden a bike in a very long time (I essentially have to relearn) but I do want one quite a lot. Just a shame they can't be ridden for a four/five month period around here. If the roads aren't icy they are salty.

I see a lot of Mercedes G-Wagons around where I live, a lot of tasteless rich people. I really don't like how they look, it's a cross between a Mercedes and a Jeep and I very much dislike Jeeps. I get a WW2 era Mercedes vibe from it as well, as if it were originally designed for Wermacht officers to scoot around the battlefield, because it looks appropriate for dodging artillery shells. A truly hideous vehicle for the tasteless noveau rich that has a bizarre cult following

Edited by Spike

I am very rarely impressed by cars, I see them as a tool whether it be for racing, commuting, work, hauling, etc. I often see people drive expensive sports cars, for what purpose? To drive to and home from work? A waste of time and money, imagine buying a jackhammer to hit a nail into a floorboard. You have a $200,000 bentley? That is nice, I'm sure it fills no other purpose for you than what a used Honda Accord, except you'd have to got a speciality mechanic who'd charge you an arm and a leg for maintenance. The diminishing returns are real, the quality of a $10,000 car and a $30,000 car would be a greater difference than $30,000 and $100,000

They act proud and smug about their vehicle as well as if they were the engineer that designed it, or they even know the first thing about it's maintenance.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Ive been looking at buying a fairweather car for a little bit now and I think ive finally settled on one. Just gonna keep an eye on the listings for a bit before pulling the trigger as they arent super super common.

2008 Ford mustang bullit. basically a GT with a few extra ascetics and callbacks to the old movie. I basically wanted something with a v8 and stick so mustang was naturally one of the few choices I had in the 00's but I really did like the throwback look of the 05-10s and the prices are somewhat reasonable.

Ford Mustang 1

Ford Mustang 4

Ford Mustang 8

• Wow 1

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Ive been looking at buying a fairweather car for a little bit now and I think ive finally settled on one. Just gonna keep an eye on the listings for a bit before pulling the trigger as they arent super super common.

2008 Ford mustang bullit. basically a GT with a few extra ascetics and callbacks to the old movie. I basically wanted something with a v8 and stick so mustang was naturally one of the few choices I had in the 00's but I really did like the throwback look of the 05-10s and the prices are somewhat reasonable.

Ford Mustang 1

Ford Mustang 4

Ford Mustang 8

What a beauty...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

Thanks to the man caused global warming lie cool cars will be a thing of the past soon, my 3ltr V6 will be replaced with a milk float! :(

No they won't. It'll just cause you a shit tonne more money to run them.

3 hours ago, Rab said:

No they won't. It'll just cause you a shit tonne more money to run them.

I don't have much faith in that with them bringing the ban forward ¬¬ ..sure they will let us drive them short term with some outrageous tax for the privilege but how long before they tighten the noose?? 

4 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

I don't have much faith in that with them bringing the ban forward ¬¬ ..sure they will let us drive them short term with some outrageous tax for the privilege but how long before they tighten the noose?? 

They're only banning the sale of petrol and diesel cars. If the majority of cars beyond that point are electric, I'm sure the carbon offset will be enough to still allow enthusiasts to drive older cars, at a cost. Being a car enthusiast is already an expensive af hobby so nothing really changes.

12 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Thanks to the man caused global warming lie cool cars will be a thing of the past soon, my 3ltr V6 will be replaced with a milk float! :(

Electric motors have a lot of torque though so they can actually be a lot of fun to drive.

8 hours ago, Rab said:

They're only banning the sale of petrol and diesel cars. If the majority of cars beyond that point are electric, I'm sure the carbon offset will be enough to still allow enthusiasts to drive older cars, at a cost. Being a car enthusiast is already an expensive af hobby so nothing really changes.

Yeah, guess you are right but sad they wont be making anymore real cars, the current cars are only going to last so long!

9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Electric motors have a lot of torque though so they can actually be a lot of fun to drive.

They acceleration on them is insane but nothing beats the sound of your turbo spooling up and then whining when you release the accelerator.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I drove a P85D a couple of years back. Fuck the sound, that thing accelerated like nothing I’ve ever experienced. 

You've no idea how much I want to experience ludicrous mode.

6 hours ago, Rab said:

They acceleration on them is insane but nothing beats the sound of your turbo spooling up and then whining when you release the accelerator.

I agree with all of this tbh. It’s also a bit weird accelerating and not hearing a noise like you’d expect 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

So busy weekend but long story short I ended up picking up my toy. 2013 Mustang GT 5L 6 speed stick. Thing is mint, only 33000k on her. Was alot of fun getting her home as the car was on Vancouver Island. I'll post some better pictures once I give her a good wash and wipe down.

IMG-20210131-WA0007.thumb.jpg.9d8f7e013f6e01d201880c3d2ed81e92.jpg

IMG-20210131-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20210131-WA0003.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Upvote 3

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

So busy weekend but long story short I ended up picking up my toy. 2013 Mustang GT 5L 6 speed stick. Thing is mint, only 33000k on her. Was alot of fun getting her home as the car was on Vancouver Island. I'll post some better pictures once I give her a good wash and wipe down.

IMG-20210131-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20210131-WA0003.jpg

Looks proper badass...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 01/02/2021 at 21:28, Viva la FCB said:

IMG-20210131-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20210131-WA0003.jpg

Very, very nice... 

• Thanks 1