talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cars & Motorcycles

football forum

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Here's a few more pics finally I've got her all cleaned up here with a few things done now in the couple months I've had her.

PicsArt_04-04-11.56.17.jpg

PicsArt_04-04-11.52.28.jpg

PicsArt_04-04-11.51.51.jpg

You have totally ruined a decent car sticking that clowns wig on it.... :ph34r:

I bet it sounds glorious.

I've been doing little things here and there to my MX5. It's a long term project so there's going to be no drastic changes initially. Found a bunch of rust that's going to need fixed first before anything else happens on the car.

• 1 month later...

Just picked up this Q2 black edition this morning B|  traded in my beemer for it, got an Audi Q7 too which is currently in piece's needing 4k worth  of engine work :4_joy: should be fixed next week hopefully! :whistling:

Q2reg1.jpg

Q2reg2.jpg

Q2reg3.jpg

9917a4b458564f13a32ef41dcad19645.jpg

Edited by Happy Blue
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

My sister has a Q2. Nice car in fairness. 

For me, I have a 68 plate VW Polo. Might not be as fancy, but I'm more than happy with it as I don't need anything huge really. 

VW make very solid cars, what spec did you get?  ..with VW owning Audi i think the Q2 is basically a jacked up Golf :4_joy:  ..just found this so not far off! "The Audi Q2 rides on the same platform as the Volkswagen T-Roc, which it also shares engine options with"

6 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

VW make very solid cars, what spec did you get?  ..with VW owning Audi i think the Q2 is basically a jacked up Golf :4_joy:  ..just found this so not far off! "The Audi Q2 rides on the same platform as the Volkswagen T-Roc, which it also shares engine options with"

I'm not great with specs in all honesty. 

It's an R-Line model (used, but was only 7-8 months old when I got it), but the engine isn't the best really (can't remember off the top of my head, but it was one of the lower engines). Just wanted a more sturdy car that was good to drive really (my previous was a Corsa and while it did the job, it was getting on). 

5 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

I had the Polo Blue GT a few years back. 170BHP, like shit off a shovel and did 60mpg! What a car.

Think that's the same engine whats in this Q2, its surprisingly nippy for a heavy car so bet you was flying in the polo 😂 ..Q7 is 333bhp but only does about 19mpg 😆 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I'm not great with specs in all honesty. 

It's an R-Line model (used, but was only 7-8 months old when I got it), but the engine isn't the best really (can't remember off the top of my head, but it was one of the lower engines). Just wanted a more sturdy car that was good to drive really (my previous was a Corsa and while it did the job, it was getting on). 

Your Polo is an upgrade from the corsa, never liked them things or vauxhall in general despite having an Insigna about 10 years ago which was half decent

Wife got into a back accident a couple of months ago and totaled my car (Mazda). 

So we went out and decided to buy us both a new car, and since we love VW's reliability and drivability, we got two brand new cars on the same day. 

My wife got the VW Tiguan R Line similar to this - 

f8ec9e2af0498ff4f2b1f4943c4a4ed3.jpg

I got the VW Jetta GLI (which is the GTI's engine in a Jetta's body) - 

2019-Volkswagen-Jetta-GLI-35-front-three

• Upvote 3

On 04/06/2021 at 13:11, Eco said:

Wife got into a back accident a couple of months ago and totaled my car (Mazda). 

So we went out and decided to buy us both a new car, and since we love VW's reliability and drivability, we got two brand new cars on the same day. 

My wife got the VW Tiguan R Line similar to this - 

f8ec9e2af0498ff4f2b1f4943c4a4ed3.jpg

I got the VW Jetta GLI (which is the GTI's engine in a Jetta's body) - 

2019-Volkswagen-Jetta-GLI-35-front-three

Nice B| Audi and VW, like all other multi brand companies, share components. Engines and transmissions are shared across the entire group in many cases, across brands, and segments (sports, luxury, SUV, etc).

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Nice B| Audi and VW, like all other multi brand companies, share components. Engines and transmissions are shared across the entire group in many cases, across brands, and segments (sports, luxury, SUV, etc).

Yeah, I have had Acrua's and Mazda's, but this GLI is easily the quickest car I've ever had. I love it.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
3 hours ago, Eco said:

Looking into getting a motorcycle - this is the style I'm leaning towards. Thoughts?

image.thumb.png.62fd6a104fce7b3b43c3e0a479e6ee55.png

Badass!

I think I posted this somewhere else but Im planning on taking a comprehensive course this summer sometime. Got my Learners permit last summer but everything kinda got shut down before I could do anything with it.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Badass!

I think I posted this somewhere else but Im planning on taking a comprehensive course this summer sometime. Got my Learners permit last summer but everything kinda got shut down before I could do anything with it.

Yeah - my buddy has one and I’ve always been envious. I’m not sold on this particular model, and I still need to get my permit, but I’m definitely trying to learn and buy one of these and just cruise around

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Austrian Police... 

Porsche 911

Slide 10 of 56: Bad news for criminals in Austria: the country’s police force took custody of a Porsche 911 for motorway patrol duties. The turbocharged 991 Carrera has all the equipment it needs for service, including blue lights and a radio system.

Australia... 

This is the dogs bollocks.... I think I would slow down and allow myself to be arrested for this one.. 

Slide 13 of 56: The New South Wales (NSW) Police Force in Australia also uses a fully-liveried Porsche 911 for patrols. Any criminal is likely to think twice before trying to out-run it.

Slide 14 of 56: The 911 can hit 62mph in less than five seconds, although the NSW Police force says that this car will mostly be used to attend community events where ‘the fascination of a Porsche in police decals is helping to break the ice, especially with youths in disadvantaged areas’.

Slide 15 of 56: This is certainly one of the coolest police cars around, but it has more competition than you might imagine. Here, we’ve collected some of the most eye-catching and unusual vehicles ever to wear a police logo and a set of flashing lights.

Kia Stinger........ 

Slide 56 of 56: We conclude our patrol of the world with the Kia Stinger, which is becoming a firm favourite of road policing units across Australia. We suspect this has something to do with the 3.3-litre turbocharged V6 engine. The name probably helps, too.

USA.

Dodge Charger......... 

Slide 16 of 56: This is the Dodge Charger Pursuit, a seriously mean-looking machine that became available to US police forces a few years ago.

Germany

BMW 4 series

Slide 22 of 56: German tuner AC Schnitzer regularly toys with police cars and one of its creations is this BMW 428i complete with ‘Polizei’ graphics and flashing lights on the roof. Before being put into service with Germany’s finest motorway cops, AC upgraded the engine to 294hp so it should be powerful enough to chase down speeders on the Autobahn.

UK

Hyundia i30 Why do we always let the side down.... 

Slide 20 of 56: There are plenty of Hyundai i30 police cars dotted around the UK, but none quite as colourful as this. The Greater Manchester Police ‘Pride Police car’ was created to reach out to the LGBT community during Manchester’s Pride Festival and decked out in the event’s rainbow flag colours.

Ariel Atom... 

Slide 34 of 56: This is surely one of the sportiest – and fastest – police cars ever. Avon and Somerset Constabulary recruited a 350hp Ariel Atom 3.5R to support the Safer Rider campaign, aiming to reduce accidents and deaths amongst motorcyclists. The British-built Atom, with its skeletal frame design and supercharged Honda engine, is about as close as you can get to a motorbike on four wheels, and is most often seen tearing up track days.

I believe I have actually seen this car when we went on one of our yearly Brighton bike runs, It was down there with a super bike interceptor all decked out in Police colours and they were both as cool as fuck... The pictures are on one of my old phones somewhere, They were promoting Bike Safety

Others... 

The coolest police cars from around the world (msn.com)

Edited by Bluewolf
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

• 4 months later...
  • Subscriber

p-one-design.jpg

The future of cars: 9 designs that could revolutionise the vehicle industry

The vehicle industry rapidly improves every year, bringing about incredible new and exciting technology for cars.

Cars are changing all the time. Every year new technology comes out that rapidly advances our everyday vehicles of choice, adding new technology, improving the existing functions or completely radicalising the design. But what can we expect from the cars of the future? Will they rapidly improve or have we perfected the design? We’ve picked out the most exciting technology, concepts and upcoming models for the future of cars.

Tesla Cybertruck

Cybertruck-bb074e9.webp

Cybertruck driving on road © Tesla inc

It’s not really a roundup of futuristic cars without Tesla’s Cybertruck! This notorious car was unveiled back in 2019 but has recently been delayed yet again with 2023 announced as the new date for deployment.

The Cybertruck is built mostly to be resilient. It uses Ultra-Hard 30X Cold-Rolled stainless-steel structural skin to harden the frame of the car. That’s a complicated way of saying that the frame of the car is seriously strong. It is also what causes the car’s pointy futuristic design, as the cold-rolled metal loses a lot of its flexibility and formability

Despite a now infamous video of the Cybertruck windows being easily destroyed by Musk at the Cybertruck reveal, Tesla is claiming that the car’s strength extends to the windows. Ultra-strong glass and polymer-layered composite will supposedly absorb and redirect force keeping your windows safe.

Tesla is also claiming that the Cybertruck will be able to tow over 6,350 Kilograms – roughly the weight of the average African bush elephant. That’s a lot of impressive stats but with all of its many delays, it could well succeed in achieving them all… now we just have to see if it will come out in 2023 or be pushed back again.

BMW iX Flow

Cybertruck-bb074e9.webp

FULL REPORT & PHOTOS

https://www.sciencefocus.com/future-technology/the-future-of-cars/