talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cars & Motorcycles

football forum

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Ford Mustang GT from the film 'Bullitt' sells for 3.4 Million ( US )  

a car parked on the side of a road: Original Bullitt Mustang sells at Mecum Auction

a car parked on the side of a road: Original Bullitt Mustang sells at Mecum Auction

a row of parked motorcycles sitting on top of a car: Original Bullitt Mustang sells at Mecum Auction

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/ford-bullitt-mustang-gt-hero-car-sells-for-incredible-dollar34-million-at-auction/ar-BBYQ4RA?ocid=spartanntp

If I had known about this in advance I might have put in a bid myself... B|

I'd only pay that if the offer included Steve McQueen :ph34r:

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.b906747bbefdb4825b09510f506290af.png

Norton Motorcycles goes into administration

download.thumb.png.a336c2a1c4f23c8b346b7bfcdc176966.png

The famous British motorbike company Norton Motorcycles has gone into administration.

The Leicestershire firm was reportedly struggling to pay a tax bill and faced a winding-up order.

Founded in 1898, Norton is one of the last remaining British motorcycle brands and best known for its involvement in motorsport.

The administration puts about 100 jobs at its Castle Donington factory in question.

Lee Causer, of administrators BDO, said: "We are taking all necessary steps to ensure that customers, staff and suppliers are supported through the administration process.

"Our job is to determine and execute the most appropriate strategy as swiftly as possible to protect creditors' interests, bearing in mind the need to minimise distress for all parties."

389894408_download(2).thumb.png.a9a6d1ac43f3750410b1903d9a15f6ae.png

Founded in Birmingham, Norton began making motorbikes in 1902 and soon became associated with races such as the Isle of Man TT.

Among its most famous models are the Dominator and the Commando, while its Norton Interpol was used by UK police in the 1980s. Vintage models are now considered collectors' items.

Its bikes have also featured in hit films such as the James Bond movie Spectre and the Che Guevara memoir, The Motorcycle Diaries.

Norton fell into financial difficulties in 2008 but was rescued by entrepreneur and property developer Stuart Garner who revived the business.

Mr Garner said last May that the firm was performing strongly and planned to open a new factory.

However, this January he told local newspaper Birmingham Live that Norton owed tax authorities £300,000 and could be liquidated if it was not given more time to pay.

Two other of Mr Garner's companies are also in administration, including his 42-bedroom Priest House Hotel in Castle Donington.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51303905

• Sad 1

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Quote.thumb.png.b906747bbefdb4825b09510f506290af.png

Norton Motorcycles goes into administration

download.thumb.png.a336c2a1c4f23c8b346b7bfcdc176966.png

The famous British motorbike company Norton Motorcycles has gone into administration.

The Leicestershire firm was reportedly struggling to pay a tax bill and faced a winding-up order.

Founded in 1898, Norton is one of the last remaining British motorcycle brands and best known for its involvement in motorsport.

The administration puts about 100 jobs at its Castle Donington factory in question.

Lee Causer, of administrators BDO, said: "We are taking all necessary steps to ensure that customers, staff and suppliers are supported through the administration process.

"Our job is to determine and execute the most appropriate strategy as swiftly as possible to protect creditors' interests, bearing in mind the need to minimise distress for all parties."

389894408_download(2).thumb.png.a9a6d1ac43f3750410b1903d9a15f6ae.png

Founded in Birmingham, Norton began making motorbikes in 1902 and soon became associated with races such as the Isle of Man TT.

Among its most famous models are the Dominator and the Commando, while its Norton Interpol was used by UK police in the 1980s. Vintage models are now considered collectors' items.

Its bikes have also featured in hit films such as the James Bond movie Spectre and the Che Guevara memoir, The Motorcycle Diaries.

Norton fell into financial difficulties in 2008 but was rescued by entrepreneur and property developer Stuart Garner who revived the business.

Mr Garner said last May that the firm was performing strongly and planned to open a new factory.

However, this January he told local newspaper Birmingham Live that Norton owed tax authorities £300,000 and could be liquidated if it was not given more time to pay.

Two other of Mr Garner's companies are also in administration, including his 42-bedroom Priest House Hotel in Castle Donington.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51303905

Sad news :(  Always had a soft spot for Nortons; the Commando is and will always be a legendary bike.

1974-norton-commando.jpg

1974-norton-commando-1.jpg

1974-norton-commando-2.jpg

1974-norton-commando-3.jpg

Iconic%2520British%2520Motorcycles%2520-

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

I have ridden a small motorbike years ago in bush tracks in Australia with me and my little brother, don't ask me what make it was as I can't remember but I would sit him on the back as he was partly dis-abled with an artificial leg etc and he loved it so did I, just belting along the old bush tracks with Galas (Australian Parrots) all squawking and flying away with fright at the noise of the bike and me and him yelling "YAHOOOOOOOOOO...."  xD  

• Like 1

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.115688c99217717f074b2d71d1699ebf.png

British folklore is laden with myths and legends, many dating back to the middle ages and before – to put it simply, they’re part of our heritage.

Since the invention of the car, we’ve fabricated a few motoring myths, too.

But fear not, What Car? is here to cut through the noise and decipher what’s fiction, and where you actually need to worry.

SLIDES - 1/20

BBZvNTT.img?h=768&w=1366&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 05/04/2020 at 19:26, nudge said:

What a beauty... 1972 Datsun Fairlady 240z :x

mmh9575400r41.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s

That's decent... wouldn't mind that parked in the drive

On another note I have just found this article where you can take virtual tours of Car Museums during lockdown... 

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/travel/tripideas/12-amazing-car-museums-you-can-visit-virtually-during-lockdown/ar-BB12MsRU?ocid=spartanntp

• Like 1

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

That's decent... wouldn't mind that parked in the drive

On another note I have just found this article where you can take virtual tours of Car Museums during lockdown... 

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/travel/tripideas/12-amazing-car-museums-you-can-visit-virtually-during-lockdown/ar-BB12MsRU?ocid=spartanntp

That'll keep me busy tomorrow... 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.7291df1716c61e1247d40d512295230f.png

Harley-Davidson's profits plunge amid coronavirus lockdown

BB13la0a.img?h=600&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=

download.thumb.png.8c0fbffb9aea97d8d61455da80b55974.png

Harley-Davidson reported a 45% drop in quarterly profits as motorcycle sales were hit by the global coronavirus pandemic.

The US manufacturer said Covid-19 had “dramatically changed” its business environment and it would need to make wide-spread cost cuts.

Net income fell to $70m (£56m) in the first three months of the year, from $128m in the same period last year. The Milwaukee-based company said global sales in the first quarter fell 18% to 40,439 motorcycles.

Video: The rise and fall of Harley-Davidson (Business Insider)

Jochen Zeitz, acting president and chief executive of Harley-Davidson, said: “Covid-19 has dramatically changed our business environment and it is critical we respond with agility to this new reality.

“We have determined that we need to make significant changes to the company; to our priorities, to our operating model and to our strategy to drive more consistent performance as we emerge from this crisis.”

BB13kZjh.img?h=533&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=

a.thumb.png.6c9111db281b9a98c145c3576f72c743.png

The company said it was talking to major US banks to secure an additional $1.3bn in liquidity. News of plans to make cash savings of $250m in 2020 helped to drive shares higher on Tuesday.

Last year Harley-Davidson was caught up in Donald Trump’s trade spats with China and Europe, which lost its money in additional tariffs.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/business/harley-davidsons-profits-plunge-amid-coronavirus-lockdown/ar-BB13keNx?li=AAnZ9Ug#image=1

Edited by CaaC (John)
Add On

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Concept cars.. :o

The Rolls Royce looks bloody awful... some great ideas and designs here but it will take some time before I would be prepared to be chilling out in the back seat with no driver.. xD

Edited by Bluewolf
  • Upvote 1

Looking at getting a new car (and maybe a bike) here in the coming months. Thinking of going with the car that I've always wanted, and that is the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon that is similar to this one - 

628827753d4fe00bf0ca58199fbe6257.jpg

As for bike, my dream is something along these lines - 

chief-dark-horse-thunder-black-smoke.png

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Concept cars.. :o

The Rolls Royce looks bloody awful... some great ideas and designs here but it will take some time before I would be prepared to be chilling out in the back seat with no driver.. xD

Only watched the first video, most of them look like obnoxious boats, but yeah, that Rolls Royce takes the cake... As you said, I'm sure they have plenty of technical innovations inside, but what disappoints me is that the majority of them also aspire to be as flashy as possible and seem to think that the more LED lights (mostly looking at you there, Bentley), the better. I know concept cars are not about practicality at all and is just imagination running wild, but still, many of the design parts doesn't really make sense. Moving breaking lights? Glass floor? Red carpet imitation? Floating top (good luck with that during the rain)? Using your smartphone as the dashboard? Silly gimmicks. Wouldn't want to have an accident in any of those either, pretty much a coffin with no way out.

• Upvote 1