talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cars & Motorcycles

football forum

17 hours ago, nudge said:

Sorry I'd rather keep it private... I'm a bit paranoid when it comes to online privacy haha. Besides you wouldn't find anything interesting in my profile anyway; I'm a lurker and don't really post on reddit...

Does that also includes Member's Pictures Thread ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 09/01/2019 at 21:31, Dr. Gonzo said:

This is my dream car:

Lamborghini_Miura_P400SV.jpg

Lamborghini Miura, just a sexy vehicle.

The earliest models of it had a serious design flaw though - the petrol tank is in the front and the designers didn't think about the front of the car getting lighter as you burn the petrol... so if you were low on petrol the 2 front wheels would no longer be on the ground.

On 11/01/2019 at 16:08, nudge said:

I don't normally like Lambos but this is quite beautiful indeed...

This one crept up in my reddit feed today:

errmim573t921.jpg?width=768&auto=webp&s=

Not keen on the Green but could live with Blue or Black.... 

• Upvote 1

Type 4

Related image

The 'Cruiser' or 'Custom Bike'

Clearly my favourite ride of all time... Nothing compares to starting up your bike on an early sunny morning and waking all the neighbours up with the roar of that engine just before setting off at 7am and getting back when.. well, whenever I please.. normally around 10-11pm as a rule.. I mean lets not take the piss right?? Such comfort, it's like riding an armchair around.. Shirt sleeves rolled up, forearm muscles twitching as you glide round every bend and then ramping up the power on the straights.. also having all the time to take in the great views.. Even when you are hitting good speeds on these you still feel as though you are almost riding in slow motion.. Power, Style and Comfort what more could you ask for.. 

Cruisers or Choppers have been around forever and are normally associated with bike gangs like 'Hells Angels' or 'Road Rats' as the rebellious bike of choice, I used to sit on the roundabout as a kid at the top of my road on a Sunday watching all the bikes going past on their way up to Box Hill, like watching a parade it was.. If we were lucky our dad would take us up there on a Sunday afternoon to see all the bikes.. So many different types and styles I was hooked!! 

Not for anyone with a tight budget mind..some of these can set you back three to four grand just for a second hand job and then jump all the way up to around 26 grand for a top of the range model... also the cost of ongoing repairs need to be factored in as well as the clothing, This is not a cheap hobby by any stretch so be warned... 

Image result for harley rider gifs

Speed - These are more about Power than Speed built for cruising not for racing but can hit a Ton no trouble and plenty to spare.. 

Fuel Consumption - Probably get about 90-110 miles on one tank.. 

Street Cred - All I can really say about this is.. 

Image result for i get 80 miles to the gallon and i get laid

Thrill Factor - HIgh, Nothing like owning one of these... 

Danger Level - Medium, All bikes are dangerous but the fact they don't race these makes them a little bit less dangerous than a racer.. Also mostly owned and ridden by more sensible experienced individual.. 

Even though I don't own a Harley my neighbour does and because he belongs to a Harley club I have had the pleasure of being invited out on some of their runs with them over the years down the coast or doing a midnight run through London for example and for the majority of them outings I have had a nice enough time but there are one or two members that are snobby as fuck about having a Custom Yamaha Cruiser mixing in with the Harleys.. xD Others have been sound, like while my bike was in for repairs one time one of the blokes loaned me one of his 2 Harleys to ride for the day which was a really decent thing to do.. 

What I love about these bikes is the different styles people come up with when they customize them... 

My personal favourite the Heritage Softail.. The missus nearly persuaded me to buy one of these.. 

2015 Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail® Classic in Guilderland, New York

Others... 

Related image

Related image

Related image

Edited by Bluewolf
  • Like 1

• Subscriber
36 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Type 4

Related image

The 'Cruiser' or 'Custom Bike'

Clearly my favourite ride of all time... Nothing compares to starting up your bike on an early sunny morning and waking all the neighbours up with the roar of that engine just before setting off at 7am and getting back when.. well, whenever I please.. normally around 10-11pm as a rule.. I mean lets not take the piss right?? Such comfort, it's like riding an armchair around.. Shirt sleeves rolled up, forearm muscles twitching as you glide round every bend and then ramping up the power on the straights.. also having all the time to take in the great views.. Even when you are hitting good speeds on these you still feel as though you are almost riding in slow motion.. Power, Style and Comfort what more could you ask for.. 

Cruisers or Choppers have been around forever and are normally associated with bike gangs like 'Hells Angels' or 'Road Rats' as the rebellious bike of choice, I used to sit on the roundabout as a kid at the top of my road on a Sunday watching all the bikes going past on their way up to Box Hill, like watching a parade it was.. If we were lucky our dad would take us up there on a Sunday afternoon to see all the bikes.. So many different types and styles I was hooked!! 

Not for anyone with a tight budget mind..some of these can set you back three to four grand just for a second hand job and then jump all the way up to around 26 grand for a top of the range model... also the cost of ongoing repairs need to be factored in as well as the clothing, This is not a cheap hobby by any stretch so be warned... 

Image result for harley rider gifs

Speed - These are more about Power than Speed built for cruising not for racing but can hit a Ton no trouble and plenty to spare.. 

Fuel Consumption - Probably get about 90-110 miles on one tank.. 

Street Cred - All I can really say about this is.. 

Image result for i get 80 miles to the gallon and i get laid

Thrill Factor - HIgh, Nothing like owning one of these... 

Danger Level - Medium, All bikes are dangerous but the fact they don't race these makes them a little bit less dangerous than a racer.. Also mostly owned and ridden by more sensible experienced individual.. 

Even though I don't own a Harley my neighbour does and because he belongs to a Harley club I have had the pleasure of being invited out on some of their runs with them over the years down the coast or doing a midnight run through London for example and for the majority of them outings I have had a nice enough time but there are one or two members that are snobby as fuck about having a Custom Yamaha Cruiser mixing in with the Harleys.. xD Others have been sound, like while my bike was in for repairs one time one of the blokes loaned me one of his 2 Harleys to ride for the day which was a really decent thing to do.. 

What I love about these bikes is the different styles people come up with when they customize them... 

My personal favourite the Heritage Softail.. The missus nearly persuaded me to buy one of these.. 

2015 Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail® Classic in Guilderland, New York

Others... 

Related image

Related image

Related image

:x

Cruisers are pretty much the definition of sex when it comes to motorcycles... 

Triumph, Indian, and Norton cruisers are generally my all-time favourites.

Just look at those Boneville curves...

2017-Triumph-Bonneville-Bobber4.jpg

Or this Indian Scout:

indian-motorcycle-scout-bobber-designboo

I absolutely love the simplicity and minimalist design of Suzuki Boulevard S40:

2017-boulevard-s40.jpg

:x:x:x

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I always liked the way Honda bikes looked, but I feel like I never fit right on their sport bikes.

My fiancé wants me to get a bigger car than my Mazda 3 hatchback. Any thoughts on decent sedans?

Try their CBR650F. Pretty cheap, and upright ergonomics.

Cars aren't really my thing, and havent even watched Top Gear in ages, so pretty cut off from the 4 wheeled scene.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, AMG said:

Try their CBR650F. Pretty cheap, and upright ergonomics.

Cars aren't really my thing, and havent even watched Top Gear in ages, so pretty cut off from the 4 wheeled scene.