talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Copa América 2019 - Final - BRAZIL 3-1 PERÚ

football forum

The draw is on the 24th. Tournament host is Brazil.

Pot 1: Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay

Pot 2: Peru, Colombia, Chile

Pot 3: Venezuela, Paraguay, Japan

Pot 4: Qatar, Bolivia, Ecuador

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Brasil's to lose really 

Agree, they will breeze through this tournament. The only way they'll lose is on penalties. In play or in regulation, I just can't see it.

7 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Qatar is in the Copa?

NVM saw Japan there too. Interesting to say the least.

They were planning a 16 team Copa America with teams from outside the continent. They invited Japan and Qatar but then rightfully realized that a 16 team Copa wasn't going to work. At least not in the manner they wanted it to.

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Blue said:

They were planning a 16 team Copa America with teams from outside the continent. They invited Japan and Qatar but then rightfully realized that a 16 team Copa wasn't going to work. At least not in the manner they wanted it to.

Timing is everything and with the amount of international tournaments in the summer I suppose some invites were turned down (read about Mexico) and rightfully so because teams and clubs have to work together for player well-being and fitness. I don't think Qatar will get anywhere in this and its really just a show of good will really.

• Subscriber

It's mad that Jesus starts ahead of Firmino. However, Firmino is one of those players that partially looks so good because he fits Liverpool's system perfectly which isn't necessarily the case with Brazil.

Hopefully Richarlison can get some game time and continue to build on what's been a promising start for him in a Brazil shirt.

8 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Argentina will be interesting. Especially to see how they fare with Messi coming back. 

Icardi----Dybala

Pavon---------------------------Messi

Paredes--Lo Celso

Tagliafico----Otamendi---????-----?????

Rulli

Armani should still be the #1 in my opinion.

I think that's an interesting lineup though. Maybe Lautaro can sneak in there should he get a bit more game time for Inter. Maybe if they resort to 2 forwards it could work out for Argentina even better.

We should transition. Alberto Rodriguez who was massive in the 2011 and 2016 Copa's won't be available. He just doesn't have it anymore but thankfully we have a ton of good CB options. Our left back worries me though. I hope Trauco can refind his level, this past 2018 he was awful and that is down to lack of game time at Flamengo. However, if Marcos Lopez goes back to LB at San Jose, he could fill the spot.

Everyone else should be the same really. There will be a few new players but I think the options up front will be about the same. This will probably be Guerrero's last tournament for us.

Gallese/Carvallo/Rivadaneyra

Advincula/Corzo - Araujo/Abram/Santamaria/Fuentes - Abram/Araujo/Santamaria/Fuentes - Trauco/Lopez

Tapia/Aquino - Yotun/Cueva

Carrillo/Hurtado/Costa - Cueva/Benavente - Flores/Cueva/Lopez

Guerrero/Farfan/Ruidiaz

That's who I think should be the call ups if I were to make them today.

1 minute ago, José said:

Guido Rodriguez ahead of Lo Celso and Parades for me. @RandoEFC it would b mad IF firmino had shown why he deserved to be ahead when Jesus was injured and firmino had it all to claim the spot but instead, his poor performances showed why tite prefers to bench him

Couldn't have anything to do with him playing for America would it? 

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, The Käiser said:

Brazil got the easy group. I'm sure no rigging was involved 

wonder if Qatar sudden rise will continue in this tournament 

Brazil's only tough opponent would have been Paraguay, a team they historically struggle with. Otherwise they would have breezed through any other group.

Also I'm not buying that our group is "easy". We will give Brazil a game, albeit still lose. Same with Venezuela, who are improving a lot and I'm sure they'll bring most of their young players. Bolivia will do their usual shithouse work and put 10 men behind the ball. Brazil *should* get out with 9 points but it's not like they'll win every game 7-0, or even 3-0. I reckon they'll narrow out the Peru and Venezuela games.

I like our group for 2 reasons. Firstly because it's progressable. Not that I was ever worried as we have an excellent group record in the Copa America (no group exits since 1995).

The second reason I like it is that we avoid Brazil in the second round, so I think we have a chance to go to the semi-finals again.

On 08/01/2019 at 10:10, Azeem said:

@Blue What's the issue with have two groups of five ? I know its an unusual format in football but its not impossible scheduling and working wise 

I just saw this.

I hate the idea of groups of 5 tbh. They do that at the Sudamericano U20 and I hate it. One team always has to rest meaning you are heavily relying on the fixtures to not screw you over. 

Japan and Qatar are in here because of the "expansion" which was scrapped after these 2 were invited. Personally I don't have a problem with Mexico or Costa Rica/Panama/Honduras being in this as they are similar to most South American countries.

You could always invite Suriname and Guyana if you want to make up the spots, but even though geographically they technically are, everywhere else they aren't really South American. 

Qatar will get slaughtered in that group.

Would love to see Venezuela progress with Josef playing for them and the country itself having such a tough time here recently. 

Wouldn't mind seeing a Paraguay match or two with Miggy playing on their squad. 

6 minutes ago, The Käiser said:

Qatar in semifinals of Asian cup. From obscurity to final four.  Just in time for the 2022. World Cup. They may surprise in this .....FIFA will see to it 😉

I think there is a difference between having to play Australia compared to being in a group with Argentina and Colombia. xD

4 hours ago, Eco said:

I think there is a difference between having to play Australia compared to being in a group with Argentina and Colombia. xD

Would u have picked Qatar over Australia 1 or 2 years ago??  Point is they are coming up and may do better than expected. Especially if FIFA wants the world to view Qatar as a soccer nation , which has been a complaint since Qatar was awarded host of the World Cup 

4 hours ago, Cicero said:

Just fucking imagine if Japan or Qatar win the COPA AMERICA :dam:

I don't mind Japan as much because they were in the Copa America of 1999. I'm not for it mind you but Japan has a lot of South American influence (particularly with Brazil and Peru) so it could be worse. They would be my third choice after Mexico and the central american nations.

Qatar was a fucking scandal on the other hand.

• The title was changed to Copa América 2019 - Final - BRAZIL v PERÚ
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived