talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Copa América 2019 - Final - BRAZIL 3-1 PERÚ

football forum

1 hour ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Apart from if you live in England of course :ph34r:

We were extremely lucky to get to watch the Copa Libertadores "Super Clásico" in the end because there was originally no plan to air it. I have no idea why we don't get these major events because they do elsewhere and in Spain for example, the Copa América is a major major event since always.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really want to win today, but if we proceed to lose to Chile in semi-finals, that will hurt. I can't stomach gifting Chile a final spot again.

If Brazil beats Argentina then I probably shouldn't worry about them winning it, but still.

Just now, The Rebel CRS said:

Brazil vs Uruguay final

I am conflicted, I want to beat Uruguay but I also feel they have a better chance of beating the Chileans xD

If we go through and somehow get to the final by knocking out La Roja, it will make it so much better. That means extra days of worry though.

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

I am conflicted, I want to beat Uruguay but I also feel they have a better chance of beating the Chileans xD

If we go through and somehow get to the final by knocking out La Roja, it will make it so much better. That means extra days of worry though.

No point in being arsed about football if you don't want your team to win because the of the fear of losing to a bigger rival. No point thinking in 3D like this, you never know what will happen. Just support your team and enjoy the ride. Fuck whatever Chile do, they might be your rivals but that should never come ahead of loyalty to your own team.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

No point in being arsed about football if you don't want your team to win because the of the fear of losing to a bigger rival. No point thinking in 3D like this, you never know what will happen. Just support your team and enjoy the ride. Fuck whatever Chile do, they might be your rivals but that should never come ahead of loyalty to your own team.

Yes you are right, but looking at a bit of context, we have 2 Copa America's. Chile had 0 before 2015. I can't imagine them overtaking us in Copa's in such a short span of time. They have a pretty glorious history besides that as well. Not like Colombia and Ecuador who were nothing before the 1990's.

I obviously want to win every game there is, but if we lose to Chile, its a disaster. If we beat them, it would be glorious. I do genuinely think they are winnable too, but I'm just worried :( 

Just now, SirBalon said:

We have in part a decent grain of sand to thank Escobar for this. 

BTW you have no right to like Rando's post given you don't watch the finals of your own teams ;)

Just now, Grizzly21 said:

BTW you have no right to like Rando's post given you don't watch the finals of your own teams ;)

The reason being that I want them to win so badly. What's the point in ending up in hospital over a game of football eh!

But I'll give you that one anyway... xD;)

What I, you or anyone does doesn't make Rando's comment untrue as you yourself admitted.

5 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Went from being contenders to barely being ahead of the superior Chile. Peru has never had a leader in their history (did my research) like KING Vidal. One of the many reasons the peruvians are always jelly. 

Lol, it took us having a leader like Guerrero to getting to the World Cup in the first place.

Here you are again taking a dig at our glorious history, we've had about 5 players better than Vidal and I can name them.

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

The reason being that I want them to win so badly. What's the point in ending up in hospital over a game of football eh!

But I'll give you that one anyway... xD;)

What I, you or anyone does doesn't make Rando's comment untrue as you yourself admitted.

Haha he's absolutely right! I am just having a dig because you have said comments in contrast before xD

@Teso dos Bichos I'd recommend you watch some of Peru's game "a ras de cancha" before speaking nonsense like "Peru doesn't have a leader". They are very telling. I will link them at the end of this post.

Vidal is a great player but a leader he is not. He is world class and I am jealous that we don't have a midfielder like him, but he's an idiot, and his attitude is poisonous. It's why Chile didn't qualify for the World Cup and why Bravo retired from the national team. If anything Sanchez is more of a leader than him, and both Sanchez and Vidal are Chile's 2 best players ever alongside Figueroa, Zamorano and Salas.

You take a dig at our illustrious history knowing little about it, but our present as much as I love this team, do not represent the quality of the players in the 1970's and beforehand. Those teams had players that were world class and would be at Europe's top clubs if it was today. 

We could win or lose today, but it doesn't make any of the above untrue. We have perhaps the best captain in South America in Guerrero who also happens to be a bloody good footballer. He's difficult and dare I say not a great person, but he gets his team performing. Both when he spearheads the line, and tells his teammates to man up constantly.

Here is the video. There are plenty of them.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Uruguay with some clear cut chances in that first half but Perú resist. 

Awful game. Both in entertainment and standard.

Penalties coming up, we will be lucky to escape this.

Just now, Cicero said:

Any comment on VAR rightfully keeping Peru in the tournament? 

Those goals were ruled out before VAR had a quick check. Not sure if they are entirely to blame, moreso the new rules which have been a disaster so far.

We probably should have gone out today. We were god awful, but I'll take another semi-final spot against a team not named Brazil any day of the week.

100% in penalties and our first penalty shootout win in history.

4 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

The country where "Pisco Sour" was created x Peru. 😂 Should be a nice match.

Clasico del Pacifico and South America Superclasico in the 2 semi's. Coast to coast. Should be thrilling.

That said, VAR and the new offside rules have ruined the Copa this year.

Just now, The Käiser said:

What's the new offside rule?

does it affect other leagues/tournaments?

Apparently I was wrong on the whole body counting for offside. I could have sworn it only applied to feet.

However, the linesman must now raise their flags after the play is finished. It will apply as of next season.

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Wow! Feel sorry for Uruguay to be honest, the better team. But that's football. Congratulations @Grizzly21

Now you face Chile :shutup:

Yeah that's football. We were very lucky to get out of that alive, but still. That goes for everyone who thought we would get pumped and that Uruguay was "free money".

Chile is tough, but I'm not scared of them. Uruguay is a better team. We won't face the wall that is Godin and Gimenez (both impeccable today). We will however, face a better midfield, and ours is our weakest link. I do think if we can grind against Uruguay, we can grind against Chile. I still do think we have to perform better than today though. Luck won't always go our way!

17 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Yeah that's football. We were very lucky to get out of that alive, but still. That goes for everyone who thought we would get pumped and that Uruguay was "free money".

Chile is tough, but I'm not scared of them. Uruguay is a better team. We won't face the wall that is Godin and Gimenez (both impeccable today). We will however, face a better midfield, and ours is our weakest link. I do think if we can grind against Uruguay, we can grind against Chile. I still do think we have to perform better than today though. Luck won't always go our way!

Uruguay's main issue as far as I'm concerned is the same one Atlético Madrid under Diego Simeone suffer from which is that they are reticent to want to take the bull by the horns in games and attack. It's all about an analytical speculative outlook from the start and relying on the fact that they're so so comfortable defending like other famed teams are keeping possession of the ball. It's the same psychosis although beit a completely different visual experience and outlook on how to get results. Uruguay have talented midfielders but they choose to play that way because it's their way and that's all there is to it. They'll never change and neither should they because when you consider the population of that country by comparison to other competitive football nations, they're a bloody miracle.

4 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Easy game for Chile 3-1 

And what if they don’t win? Are you going to cry again?

• The title was changed to Copa América 2019 - Final - BRAZIL v PERÚ
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived