talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Copa América 2019 - Final - BRAZIL 3-1 PERÚ

football forum

1 minute ago, Grizzly21 said:

To be honest, I'm glad we lost against Brazil as opposed to someone like Chile or Argentina. I went into this game fully expecting to lose, because beating Brazil in their own home for any South American is just not that realistic. It's extremely difficult and only teams like Germany or France can do it. 

Obviously I wanted to win the final, but just that we lost to one of the best home teams in the world doesn't make me as gutted as I normally would be. That is also helped by the fact that reaching the finals was a big achievement and another record shattered by Gareca.

Germany didn't beat them mate, they absolutely massacred them as if we were watching Real Madrid vs Benidorm.

This is the reason why I thought Brazil may have gone out at some-point during this tournament. If we are honest, Brazil of recent years have been absolutely terrible and a shadow of what true Brazilian teams are all about. I've never known them to lack stars so much and be so dislikeable and dull in the way they play. I'm happy for @El Profesor though and the Brazilian people in general since I love them.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Germany didn't beat them mate, they absolutely massacred them as if we were watching Real Madrid vs Benidorm.

This is the reason why I thought Brazil may have gone out at some-point during this tournament. If we are honest, Brazil of recent years have been absolutely terrible and a shadow of what true Brazilian teams are all about. I've never known them to lack stars so much and be so dislikeable and dull in the way they play. I'm happy for @El Profesor though and the Brazilian people in general since I love them.

Mate, Brazil have lost 4 times at home. Let me repeat: FOUR TIMES. 2 of those came from the 2014 World Cup.

They've never lost at home in qualifying, never lost at home in a Copa America when they were hosts (lost in 1975 but that was home-away). They won this tournament without Neymar only conceding 1 goal that came from a penalty.

The only chance Brazil could have gone out was via penalties, because even if they look beatable, they're not. The only teams that could do it are France and Germany. Nobody else stands a chance. It is the biggest fortress in the world. Take it that Spain was also better in the 2013 Confederations Cup and still lost 3-0. 

The 7-1 result by Germany was a freak result but they are a team with world class players. South America has a lot of performer teams but most only have 1 or 2 world class players. That's not enough I'm afraid.

• Subscriber
30 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

True, people do seem to think that Messi is a saint, although the opposite can be said when it comes to performances. If Ronaldo has a poor game, but one of his team mates wins the game(i.e Ramos, Eder and recently Guedes) he gains all the plaudits while the player deciding the game receives little. The opposite occurs with Messi though. He can be Argentina's best player as they reach a world cup final and still be heavily criticised, while Ronaldo's team went out in the groups of the same tournament and he received none. C.Ronaldo may get lambasted more for being a cunt, but he only has to simply score a header in a game to be wanked over in the media worldwide, whereas Messi has to do something magical to gain plaudits.

But fuck all that as it starts to sound like a fanboy argument.

Think you got it the wrong way round. Its Ronaldo who has to do something spectacular to gain plaudits where as Messi only has to score a tap in for the wank brigade to run out of cum. Messi without doubt over both players careers has always been the media, UEFA and FIFA golden boy.

• 2 weeks later...

Been 2 weeks and no Peruvian has moved away to another club yet. I wonder when clubs will be genuinely interested in our players. I know club form is more important but most of them have been doing OK at the very least there as well...

Embarrassing. Our previous generation was wanted by everyone. The likes of Juan Vargas and Jefferson Farfan the main examples. Perhaps because those 2 were top players.

1 minute ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

It was more of a group performance, I dont think individually they are that good. 

We are more of a group team, yes. The thing is our players are amazing technically but often don't impact games. When you put them together, they put in amazing performances because they are made for each other. They click together. Also add a clutch player like Guerrero and there you have a decent side.

At their clubs they have been OK at the least, but nothing groundbreaking either. 

10 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

I dont know about technically good, more like work horses that are used to playing with each other. Not good enough for top European leagues if you are being realistic, more fit for teams like Monarcas. 

They are good technically but just don't impact games.

I remember a Dane telling me how good Flores was on the ball but how little he actually did with it.

Just now, Teso dos Bichos said:

The Peruvian league and clubs are too amateur to produce technical players. The day a Peruvian youngster gets chosen to replace a player like De Ligt like Edson did is the day my opinion will change. For now, Peruvian players too me are weak minded when it comes to the technical aspect and they are more driven by adrenaline. Typical work horses that are not in high demand and will be lucky to end up in a mid level league outside of peru, regardless of how much you want to overhype them. 

As someone who has gone to several Peruvian youth games, there are a few things that need changing in your post.

Peruvians are trained to have great technique, but are often lazy in work rate. That said, this current team DOES have high work rate (for the most part) so you're not wrong there and high technique but no mentality to actually put it to use. They are also far too inconsistent. I think it's telling that a big Portuguese club wanted Carrillo and then wanted him out after signing him. He's good enough if he actually put in effort.

Our only top players are Guerrero and Farfan, who are both 35 and will not be going anywhere. Before that, Vargas and Pizarro who were also top players. That team on paper, was better than this one but the ego's were too much and they had less work rate than this current side.

They don't call us the "maestros del buen toque" for nothing. I don't know if this is an agenda of yours, but besides your opinion on the technical aspects, you are not far off for once. Our only players who are stars of their teams are Guerrero, Ruidiaz, Farfan and Flores (although at this current Monarcas side, that isn't hard). I don't have much faith in this current group at club level, and I am more hopeful for the likes of Marcos Lopez and Yuriel Celi. 

2 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Messi receives a one match ban and a joke of a fine for his red card versus Chile, his post match comment ban will be discussed next week which should be a lengthy ban. 

The format for next year's copa america will be two groups of six and the top four of each group will advance. Australia and Qatar will be included (a joke). The final will be the same day as the euro final. 

I’d be pissed off for getting any ban for that res card. They should actually apologise to him...

Actually, looking at things objectively... Seeing as Messi then went on to say stupid things after the game. No apology required and no apology needed from Messi either. No ban, nothing! Status quo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived