talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Copa América 2019 - Final - BRAZIL 3-1 PERÚ

football forum

4 minutes ago, Stick With Azeem said:

I'm remembering the Peruvian national anthem.... 

I love our anthem, but I was phrasing the lyrics of this song, made for the 1970 World Cup

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am looking forward to tomorrow. I feel a lot more relaxed than I usually do for a game of this stature because I am fully expecting to lose. It would be really nice to beat Brazil but it would take a Maracanazo to do so. Not only are they better, but beating them in their own home is near impossible for teams who don't have a side full of world class players. I am not confident but that eases the nerves a little.

While I think we will lose, I can definitely see it being a lot closer than the group stage game. We didn't have Carrillo nor Flores who contribute to a lot of the defensive work up front and this time they will be playing. So I can expect this one to be a lot more fought out. Gareca also won't approach the game in the same manner he did in that 5-0. He'll learned from his mistakes. I'm fairly certain that Tite knows this too.

It would be a dream if we win, and while I do believe the final will be fought out, I think Brazil will find a way to lift the trophy come the final whistle. If they lose, a lot of people there are losing their jobs and it would be one of their biggest slip ups in history.

Whatever happens tomorrow though, this has been an incredible campaign and we have put this generation to use. Gracias por todo muchachos!

Argentina 2-0 up against Chile already. It's like I said, Chile are flattered to have gotten this far. Washed up team.

Messi sent off for basically nothing. Medel goes up to headbutt him and Messi had his hands layed off, yet both got sent off. Where is VAR when you need it?

3 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Ridiculous sending off.

Yeah I was watching it. It’s an absolutely appalling decision and a ref that wants to be the star of the show. Messi’s body language is all about “what the fuck is wrong with you twat”. Medel acting like an uncontrollable neanderthal with no brains and Messi is telling him to get off of him. 

A penalty!???

It's the right decision but the play was long gone. Usually VAR is a few seconds after, not minutes.

Most laughable call I've seen yet.

Chile got lucky to get this far in my opinion. Colombia went with a very cautious mentality against a relatively weaker side. I think Carlos Quieroz is a great manager, but that was his own doing and that's the issue with hiring a manager who doesn't know a lot about the continent.

8 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Chile got lucky to get this far in my opinion. Colombia went with a very cautious mentality against a relatively weaker side. I think Carlos Quieroz is a great manager, but that was his own doing and that's the issue with hiring a manager who doesn't know a lot about the continent.

Besides he only spent first two weeks with squad before the tournament started 

Messi's interview was embarrassing. His sending off was out of place today and Argentina should have had 2 penalties in favour of them vs Brazil, all true. However, football isn't decided by reffing decisions. Yes, they can influence a game, but the major factor is playing good football. Supposedly in the 2014 World Cup, Brazil were favoured by referees and Germany still crushed them because they actually focused on playing.

I see Messi is still spouting stupid conspiracy theories about Copa America and what is funny is that a bunch of gringos fanboys who know nothing about south american football believe it.   He´s acting like a spoiled brat and a sore loser. It took a while but he´s finally acting like an argie athlete. xD

8 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

I see Messi is still spouting stupid conspiracy theories about Copa America and what is funny is that a bunch of gringos fanboys who know nothing about south american football believe it.  xD He´s acting like a spoiled brat and a sore loser.

Good luck tomorrow mate. We'll need the luck against you. 

As I said before, I do not think we will win but as any Peruvian, I can dream.

1 minute ago, Grizzly21 said:

Good luck tomorrow mate. We'll need the luck against you. 

As I said before, I do not think we will win but as any Peruvian, I can dream.

I actually think the 5-0 was good for Peru. Gareca knows now he can´t face Brazil, Peru will have to play like they did against Uruguay. It´ll be tough for Peru, Brazil is definitely the favorite here, but it´s possible, and it would be really nice to see you pulling a major upset.

Just now, El Profesor said:

I actually think the 5-0 was good for Peru. Gareca knows now he can´t face Brazil, Peru will have to play like they did against Uruguay. It´ll be tough for Peru, Brazil is definitely the favorite here, but it´s possible, and it would be really nice to see you pulling a major upset.

I agree, without the 5-0 we weren't getting to the final. It made Gareca rethink a few things.

If we win, it would be the peak result in Peruvian football history. We've already beat Brazil in their own home for a Copa America, but they had a team full of players from Minas Gerais and it wasn't for a final. Not to mention our team was full of world class players.

A lot of people at the Brazilian federation will lose their jobs if we win. We might not have the quality of the 1970's, but this is the Peruvian team with the most work rate ever perhaps.

On 03/07/2019 at 10:49, SirBalon said:

You see, that talk is nonsence. To use Messi's name is to enter into pure unadulterated demagoguery and sensationalism. Do you really think Messi goes out onto the pitch thinking about Alisson? It's a mere statistic and one that should only be used to praise Alisson because any game containing players of the ilk of Messi means they're top games, games with a hell of a lot of pressure and Alisson always turns up. On Messi's side of things it doesn't tell any stories but it's the sort of thing you'll read and hear from sensationalist writers or trolls. This isn't an accusation thrown at you mate, but it is you entering key words that mean nothing other than showing how good Alisson really is.

Come on, Baloncito. There´s no comparison. Alisson is much better looking and plays the guitar. xD

21 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

I agree, without the 5-0 we weren't getting to the final. It made Gareca rethink a few things.

If we win, it would be the peak result in Peruvian football history. We've already beat Brazil in their own home for a Copa America, but they had a team full of players from Minas Gerais and it wasn't for a final. Not to mention our team was full of world class players.

A lot of people at the Brazilian federation will lose their jobs if we win. We might not have the quality of the 1970's, but this is the Peruvian team with the most work rate ever perhaps.

There are some rumors that suggest Tite might leave to chinese football win or lose. Apparently he´s unhappy about Sylvinho going to Lyon and Edu going to Arsenal. It´ll be interesting to see what happens. 

But I´d sincerely be happy if Peru wins it. You guys love football and haven´t had much to celebrate recently. Not only that, but I feel like players such as Gallese and Advincula have never been properly recognized. A win against Brazil at Maracanã would be a really nice story. 

Did he really said all that?O.oxD

Messi: “I didn't went to receive the medal because i didn’t wanted to be part of this corruption” and “this cup is set up for Brazil”

Messi: "A yellow would have been enough for the both of us. But maybe I'm paying for what I said the last time [against VAR and the CONMEBOL]"

Messi: "Brazil will be champion, there is no doubt, this Cup is rigged for Brazil, Peru have the team to dream, but i don't know if they will let them"

26 minutes ago, Fusion said:

Did he really said all that?O.oxD

Messi: “I didn't went to receive the medal because i didn’t wanted to be part of this corruption” and “this cup is set up for Brazil”

Messi: "A yellow would have been enough for the both of us. But maybe I'm paying for what I said the last time [against VAR and the CONMEBOL]"

Messi: "Brazil will be champion, there is no doubt, this Cup is rigged for Brazil, Peru have the team to dream, but i don't know if they will let them"

Yes, he said all that. 

Like i´ve said before, yes he has a legitimate claim in the match against Brazil, but he´s not only complaining about the refereeing in that match, dude is saying the whole tournament is rigged for Brazil. This is bizarre. If an european said that, UEFA would certainly suspend the player.

But he knows Conmebol is a joke and he acted like a typical argentinian footballer. Argentinians simply don´t know how to lose.

Ironically, he´s probably more popular than ever in Argentina, this is the kind of emotion they´ve always wanted to see from Messi.

5 hours ago, El Profesor said:

Ironically, he´s probably more popular than ever in Argentina, this is the kind of emotion they´ve always wanted to see from Messi.

I have a feeling you hit the nail on the head with this statement mate.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived