talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Copa América 2019 - Final - BRAZIL 3-1 PERÚ

football forum

Let's get one thing clear (this aimed at those that are level headed), the only shock in with Messi's statement calling the CONMEBOL a bunch of mafiosi is that Messi said it. Shall we all agree on this (again, I repeat, this for those with the capacity to think without pre-programmed conditions). For Messi to open his mouth and say something controversial you always get the feeling he has to get an authorised written permission from the Pope  himself in the Vatican.

It' like some are horrified at learning that the football authorities are corrupt and crooked! xD

I'm personally more shocked at the reaction of some more than what he said which I find particularly unusual coming from him. I'm not saying he doesn't believe dodgy shit goes on in football in his mind, but he isn't exactly known for being visceral and impulsive, is he? It's not really a question, because I know the answer, everyone knows the answer but for some, having a reason to pick-up a stick to spank his diminutive bottom with is too tempting to let pass.

We have the ex-Presidents of the two biggest football authorities on the planet (FIFA and UEFA) being dragged through the courts for competing with the mafia, any level of mafia and with the history that the CONMEBOL has, hmmm....

Another thing is that the referee in question which generated something to manifest itself with someone many had a suspicion he didn't have, something called "emotion" was a party to this. That ref could easily just be shit, very stupid, looking to make a name for himself or maybe he wasn't even a referee at all and was an imposter dressed up as a referee. But maybe the action Messi got sent-off for was manipulated because there was VAR at the end of the day.

Back to basics... I'm more shocked at reactions to what Messi actually said (a bit here but mostly on social media) than the words themselves.

Most shocking of all... Messi said it.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Yeah Messi getting a red there is absolutely ridiculous. However, one can only imagine the pages of ridicule you'd see on here if a certain Cristiano had come out with quotes like those in the same circumstances. 

Arturo Vidal explodes against the CONMEBOL and also defends Messi's words;

"Argentina were clearly cheated in the game against Brazil everyone knows this. Those games are nearly always decided by fine moments and it's disgusting to see those fine moments decided by a referee and VAR which it seems nobody knows how to use in South America. So I understand why Messi said what he said."

"Against Colombia we also had things made difficult for us unnecessarily by putting us in a hotel two hours away from the stadium. Where do they do things like this apart from in South America?"

"I doubt the red card was what hurt Messi most of all. I think the game against Brazil was still in his system and he used the red card given to him by a referee that wanted to be the star of the show to empty himself of how disgusted he felt. How can you give two red cards to footballers that are shoving eachother and nothing more."

Messi is 100% right, it wasn't a red. But what makes me laugh is, the way he boycotted the ceremony. This is the behavior which if Ronaldo did, he would be getting called every name under the sun, but this little shit who is just as much as a cunt always gets away criticism free.

13 hours ago, El Profesor said:

Ironically, he´s probably more popular than ever in Argentina, this is the kind of emotion they´ve always wanted to see from Messi.

Messi is autistic so I've heard. As someone who is also that, I can tell you it is hard for us to gain respect. We are bad socially. It's true that Messi isn't a leader, but at the same time I don't blame him for not being one. People think we are mental.

8 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Let's get one thing clear (this aimed at those that are level headed), the only shock in with Messi's statement calling the CONMEBOL a bunch of mafiosi is that Messi said it. Shall we all agree on this (again, I repeat, this for those with the capacity to think without pre-programmed conditions). For Messi to open his mouth and say something controversial you always get the feeling he has to get an authorised written permission from the Pope  himself in the Vatican.

It' like some are horrified at learning that the football authorities are corrupt and crooked! xD

I'm personally more shocked at the reaction of some more than what he said which I find particularly unusual coming from him. I'm not saying he doesn't believe dodgy shit goes on in football in his mind, but he isn't exactly known for being visceral and impulsive, is he? It's not really a question, because I know the answer, everyone knows the answer but for some, having a reason to pick-up a stick to spank his diminutive bottom with is too tempting to let pass.

We have the ex-Presidents of the two biggest football authorities on the planet (FIFA and UEFA) being dragged through the courts for competing with the mafia, any level of mafia and with the history that the CONMEBOL has, hmmm....

Another thing is that the referee in question which generated something to manifest itself with someone many had a suspicion he didn't have, something called "emotion" was a party to this. That ref could easily just be shit, very stupid, looking to make a name for himself or maybe he wasn't even a referee at all and was an imposter dressed up as a referee. But maybe the action Messi got sent-off for was manipulated because there was VAR at the end of the day.

Back to basics... I'm more shocked at reactions to what Messi actually said (a bit here but mostly on social media) than the words themselves.

Most shocking of all... Messi said it.

He's not only criticizing Conmebol or the refereeing, he's saying the whole tournament is fixed for Brazil. That's not acceptable.

It's funny how Barcelona fans, who have no idea where Luque is and what goes on Copa Libertadores, feel like they know more about south american football than south americans. 

2 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

He's not only criticizing Conmebol or the refereeing, he's saying the whole tournament is fixed for Brazil. That's not acceptable.

It's funny how Barcelona fans, who have no idea where Luque is and what goes on Copa Libertadores, feel like they know more about south american football than south americans. 

I've noticed even some journalists are like that. A week ago British people were raving about Chile, a week later all of the sudden they are Peruvian football gurus and start getting popular via their pieces like The Guardian and whatnot.

I don't mind when it's someone with an actual resume like Tim Vickery, but it annoys me because I work very hard with my group to get Peruvian football content out in English, for some random journalist at The Guardian all of the sudden become "experts".

33 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

No, the thing is that it’s not a surprise that there is corruption as it’s been proven to exist at FIFA and also UEFA. Or are you suggesting the CONMEBOL are saints?

35 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

What’s that part about mate?

7 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

No, the thing is that it’s not a surprise that there is corruption as it’s been proven to exist at FIFA and also UEFA. Or are you suggesting the CONMEBOL are saints?

Obviously not, and I've never said the contrary. 

But to suggest without proof that the Copa America is fixed for Brazil, like Messi did, is ridiculous. Absolutely classless and pathetic.

And if Messi had any concerns about corruption he wouldn't play for Chiqui Tapia's AFA in first place.

Messi in this case is like the spoiled brat who owns a video game, invites his mates to his home and when he loses, he turns it off and tell everyone to get out.

Law of parsimony, the most simple explanation is probably the right one: Conmebol's referees are terrible and they're not prepared to make the best use of VAR. 

16 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

What’s that part about mate?

Have you seen Barça Twitter? 

10 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Obviously not, and I've never said the contrary. 

But to suggest without proof that the Copa America is fixed for Brazil, like Messi did, is ridiculous. Absolutely classless and pathetic.

And if Messi had any concerns about corruption he wouldn't play for Chiqui Tapia's AFA in first place.

Messi in this case is like the spoiled brat who owns a video game, invites his mates to his home and when he loses, he turns it off and tell everyone to get out.

Law of parsimony, the most simple explanation is probably the right one: Conmebol's referees are terrible and they're not prepared to make the best use of VAR. 

Have you seen Barça Twitter? 

I follow Barça’s twitter but only for official news. Have never read the comments if that’s what you’re referring to.

Messi did go overboard on his assumption that Barazil are being carried to victory. It’s ridiculous and one can only assume it was the heat of the moment. But in retrospect he had plenty of time to digest the Brazil defeat which seems to be what caused his outburst more than the red card against Chile.

The curious part is that he never says a word out of place in Spain or when playing in Europe for Barcelona. I can’t remember anything controversial from him at Barça wheras every time he’s participated in the Copa América he always has something to say. I just feel it’s based on the pressure he gets from his people in Argentina which isn’t just a little bit and is actually extreme.

59 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I follow Barça’s twitter but only for official news. Have never read the comments if that’s what you’re referring to.

Messi did go overboard on his assumption that Barazil are being carried to victory. It’s ridiculous and one can only assume it was the heat of the moment. But in retrospect he had plenty of time to digest the Brazil defeat which seems to be what caused his outburst more than the red card against Chile.

The curious part is that he never says a word out of place in Spain or when playing in Europe for Barcelona. I can’t remember anything controversial from him at Barça wheras every time he’s participated in the Copa América he always has something to say. I just feel it’s based on the pressure he gets from his people in Argentina which isn’t just a little bit and is actually extreme.

I meant the Barcelona fans on Twitter, I follow many of them and they´re losing their minds. The meltdown is hilarious. 

I´m here already celebrating the Copa América title. The picanha is already on the fire, the churrasco is almost ready. No need to watch the match, it´s already fixed for us. xD

6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

If it was any other federation and any other player, they'd be immediately suspend him for what he said.

It doesn’t always work that way even here in Europe with UEFA. Off the top of my head I can remember a recent one with Sergio Ramos and everyone expected a hefty ban and all he got was a slap on the wrist with a fine that doesn’t affect him.

All the federations are rotten.

Just now, SirBalon said:

It doesn’t always work that way even here in Europe with UEFA. Off the top of my head I can remember a recent one with Sergio Ramos and everyone expected a hefty ban and all he got was a slap on the wrist with a fine that doesn’t affect him.

All the federations are rotten.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2009/jun/17/didier-drogba-uefa-suspension-champions-league

what Drogba did was a fucking disgrace :ph34r: but what Messi did was very similar, just without swearing

It´s never Messi´s fault. xD

2006: Cambiasso´s fault

2007: Messi was still too young 

2010: Maradona was clueless

2011: Tevez/Higuain´s fault

2014:  Palacio/Higuain´s fault

2015: Blame Higuaín one last time

2016: Tata Martino´s fault

2018: Sampaoli´s fault

2019: Conmebol´s fault

• The topic was unpinned

Archived