talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Copa América 2019 - Final - BRAZIL 3-1 PERÚ

football forum

6 minutes ago, José said:

Very impressed with Guido during his start for Argentina.

More bad news for Brazil, Arthur comes out injured. Allen replaced him. 

Arthur says that he has more opportunity to drop deep and build play than at Barcelona where he is restricted to a more attacking role.... marca.com

Valverde is ruining your boy @El Profesor

Their own fault for wanting a friendly against Honduras. That's the biggest mistake any team can make before a big tournament. Just ask England.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a little stat: everytime Brazil has hosted the Copa America, they have won it. And I don't expect this year to be any different. Brazil are a different beast at home, and the only South Americans capable of upsetting them are Uruguay or a top Argentina, which right now we don't have.

Paraguay are usually shithouses against the Brazilians and are a real thorn, but I don't think they'll do well to be honest.

9 hours ago, Grizzly21 said:

Their own fault for wanting a friendly against Honduras. That's the biggest mistake any team can make before a big tournament. Just ask England.

We haven't played Honduras in years

9 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

We haven't played Honduras in years

Yes, but I do recall most of you guys played before the 2014 World Cup and complained on their play style. Rightly so too.

4 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Yes, but I do recall most of you guys played before the 2014 World Cup and complained on their play style. Rightly so too.

Not sure what you mean there Bryan. England haven't played Honduras in over 20 years I don't think

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Not sure what you mean there Bryan. England haven't played Honduras in over 20 years I don't think

This one mate.

3e6926dbbe0cfbd05575624625f7afd1.png

On 09/06/2019 at 18:15, José said:

Very impressed with Guido during his start for Argentina.

More bad news for Brazil, Arthur comes out injured. Allen replaced him. 

Arthur says that he has more opportunity to drop deep and build play than at Barcelona where he is restricted to a more attacking role.... marca.com

Valverde is ruining your boy @El Profesor

I think that's obvious. Barcelona haa better players than Brazil, Arthur's job at Barça should do it simple and take the ball to Messi without risking the possession. 

Having said that, what worries me about Arthur is his lack of athleticism. I really didn't like his final part of the season. It's up to him to be in better shape, Valverde can't be blamed.

4 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

I think that's obvious. Barcelona haa better players than Brazil, Arthur's job at Barça should do it simple and take the ball to Messi without risking the possession. 

Having said that, what worries me about Arthur is his lack of athleticism. I really didn't like his final part of the season. It's up to him to be in better shape, Valverde can't be blamed.

How do you feel for the Copa?

I am seeing a lot of pessimistic Brazilians, but I honestly think you'll be fine considering you have only lost I think 3 times at home ever to South Americans?

7 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

How do you feel for the Copa?

I am seeing a lot of pessimistic Brazilians, but I honestly think you'll be fine considering you have only lost I think 3 times at home ever to South Americans?

Actually, I kinda want to see Argentina winning it. I´d love to see Messi winning his first title with Argentina at Maracanã. A football legend finally winning it with his country in such a legendary stage would be a really nice story. 

Just now, El Profesor said:

Actually, I kinda want to see Argentina winning it. I´d love to see Messi winning his first title with Argentina at Maracanã. A football legend finally winning it with his country in such a legendary stage would be a really nice story. 

Wow, and I seem to recall you saying that you wanted "anyone but Argentina" win the 2014 World Cup! :o 

2 hours ago, Grizzly21 said:

Wow, and I seem to recall you saying that you wanted "anyone but Argentina" win the 2014 World Cup! :o 

That was before the 2015 and 2016 defeats. I kinda feel for Messi getting so close and not getting a title with Argentina.

Starts today in what will probably be a fairly one side affair. Brazil vs Bolivia.

Brazilians are very pessimistic from the ones I've talked to, but honestly I can't see anyone else beat them in their own home, even in their current state. Hope I'm wrong.

Just now, Eco said:

All matches being broadcast here in English, Spanish, and Portuguese. 

I have never watched this tournament so this will be a joy to watch. 

Enjoy it. Great tournament this is.

I really hope I am wrong about the above, but I think Brazil have lost at home 6-7 times in their history at most. I honestly can't see them bottle this one, even with all their problems and absences.

Off the top of my head

Brazil 0-2 Uruguay - 1950 World Cup

Brazil 1-3 Peru - 1975 Copa America

Brazil 1-7 Germany - 2014 World Cup

Brazil 0-3 Netherlands - 2014 World Cup

I'm sure Argentina have won before in Brazil as well, as I've been told but I can't quite find the competitive games.

Yeah - I would LOVE for Venezuela(Martinez) or Paraguay (Miggy/Villalba) to win it (not happening though). 

Then I really don't have a favorite in South America....maybe Colombia? 

Just now, Eco said:

Yeah - I would LOVE for Venezuela(Martinez) or Paraguay (Miggy/Villalba) to win it (not happening though). 

Then I really don't have a favorite in South America....maybe Colombia? 

I was hoping this would be our Copa, but I've been brought back to reality. Not that we are shit (although we aren't the same team from the last qualifiers) more that Brazil don't lose at home.

There also exists the inferiority complex. It exists with Argentina, Brazil and to an extent, Uruguay. Those 3 don't need to be at their best to win games.

42 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

I was hoping this would be our Copa, but I've been brought back to reality. Not that we are shit (although we aren't the same team from the last qualifiers) more that Brazil don't lose at home.

There also exists the inferiority complex. It exists with Argentina, Brazil and to an extent, Uruguay. Those 3 don't need to be at their best to win games.

You just posted a list of massive games in which Brazil lost at home. xD

13 minutes ago, Eco said:

You just posted a list of massive games in which Brazil lost at home. xD

I believe those are the only 4 though. They have an unbelieveable record on home turf.

• The title was changed to Copa América 2019 - Final - BRAZIL v PERÚ
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived