• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Copa América 2019 - Final - BRAZIL 3-1 PERÚ

football forum

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Pep Talk said:

Least we have more football to watch until the wait of the new season.

I prefer this to the Euro's 100 times to be honest. Probably due to being South American but I just find this to be the better more evened out tournament. At least nowadays, with the expansion the Euro's had to suffer.

Lineups are out. On phone so I can’t link them but we’ve gone for a different lineup. No Flores as he’s apparently not 100% and no Carrillo either. 

Venezuela have started a really dangerous forward line. Jhon Murillo is one hell of a player. Savarino and Rondon the other 2.

Much better second half but still a tad unconvincing. With a draw we are in a good position, but we have to beat Bolivia, which is most certainly not a given. We are not beating Brazil so get the job done there.

Colombia completely superior to Argentina, in every sense of the way. I like this Cafeteros side a lot better than the one managed by Pekerman in his final years. Quieroz is a great manager and it's showed early days.

Argentina really need Messi to click but he's hardly even running at this moment. Not ideal when the rest of his teammates are useless.

1 minute ago, El Profesor said:

Hopefully this convinces Queiroz to start Zapata over Falcao.

He’s really evolved. I remember he was rubbish when he joined Napoli. He’s quite a player now though.

I knew Colombia would win. Argentina have nothing about them. Again, they are in crisis if they have to resort to calling up players from the Liga MX and the MLS.

Quieroz has improved this Colombia side from the disaster last 3 years they were under Pekerman.

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Nothing on your boy Pizarro being at fault for both goals @José

Guido Rodriguez is his boy I believe (who was also awful today and more proof as to how there cannot be any Liga MX players on Argentina)

1 minute ago, Grizzly21 said:

Guido Rodriguez is his boy I believe (who was also awful today and more proof as to how there cannot be any Liga MX players on Argentina)

Pizarro as well. Guido was alright. Pizarro ruined all the momentum Argentina had at the start of the second. Lost the ball multiple times and didn’t get with the Rhythm. Didn’t cover the space for Colombia’s first and completely left Zapata unmarked for the 2nd. 

6 minutes ago, José said:

Poor from pizarro but have to give credit to Roger Martinez, imo the player of the game. 

What about your boy messi? What happened ? 

Was fucking shit mate. Couldn’t get involved and Colombia’s defense was a rock. 

Peru were pretty unlucky with two disallowed goals.

Columbia playing just like Iran did under Carlos Quieroz. Defensive, high press but their transition to attack is much more effective and they finished their chances.

Barrios is a good player!

6 hours ago, Cicero said:

Was fucking shit mate. Couldn’t get involved and Colombia’s defense was a rock. 

Messi had an excuse in the 2014 World Cup and the last 2 Copa's where he carried the team for most of it, but since the 2018 World Cup he just looks uninterested. Not running enough and not getting as involved as he can. He had a spell of 5 minutes where he really clicked and it was Argentina's best spell of the game. Unfortunately it was 5 minutes before Colombia's goal.

Can see Qatar shocking Paraguay today with a draw or a win. Paraguay have really unimpressed me with their call ups. Some odd decisions. Leaving Kaku at home, bringing Oscar Cardozo, 3 keepers over 30 and the likes of Almiron not performing for the NT yet despite being their best player. I also haven't been impressed with performances, but that's Paraguay for you.

Qatar convinced me at the Asian Cup. I doubt they'll do a lot but I think they'll get something today.

• The title was changed to Copa América 2019 - Final - BRAZIL v PERÚ
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived