talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Copa América 2019 - Final - BRAZIL 3-1 PERÚ

football forum

List is official now.

Aside from Zambrano and Ramos' inclusion, I'm actually quite happy with this. I still think 40 players is overkill though. Who even came up with that idea?

Regardless, Gareca handled these call ups incredibly well. Ballon in particular is one I'm happy to see. He's come heaps in the last 2 years.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leonardo Mifflin is the first player born 2000 to receive a call up from Peru, and as an unpopular opinion I would actually take him to the Copa America. There is really no one else as a backup for Miguel Trauco. He could be that player. Marcos Lopez is not the one in my opinion.

Paraguay get their list out. Roque Santa Cruz makes a nice surprise in the list, probably deserves it too given his performances with Olimpia as of late.

Brazil has made their call ups... and I must say I'm impressed. Tite got over himself and chose some of the younger guys who have been doing well at club level. Also a share of experience. I'd be quite shocked if these don't win the Copa this year.

Goalkeepers: Franco Armani (River Plate), Esteban Andrada (Boca Juniors), Agustin Marchesin (Club America), Juan Musso (Udinese), Geronimo Rulli (Real Sociedad)

Defenders: Renzo Saravia (Racing), Gabriel Mercado (Sevilla), Nicolas Otamendi (Manchester City), German Pezzella (Fiorentina), Walter Kanemann (Gremio), Nicolas Tagliafico (Ajax Amsterdam), Marcos Acuna (Sporting Lisbon), Ramiro Funes Mori (Villarreal), Juan Foyth (Tottenham Hotspur)

Midfielders/forwards: Leandro Paredes (PSG), Giovani Lo Celso (Real Betis), Exequiel Palacios (River Plate), Guido Rodriguez (Club America), Roberto Pereyra (Watford), Rodrigo De Paul (Udinese), Matias Zaracho (Racing), Angel Di Maria (PSG), Gonzalo Martinez (Atlanta United), Paulo Dybala (Juventus), Maximiliano Meza (Monterrey), Ivan Marcone (Boca Juniors), Lionel Messi (FC Barcelona), Sergio Aguero (Manchester City), Lautaro Martinez (Inter Milan), Angel Correa (Atletico Madrid), Matias Suarez (River Plate), Mauro Icardi (Inter Milan)

All due respect but something is wrong when Argentina have to resort to calling up players in the MLS and Liga MX.

1 hour ago, Grizzly21 said:

Brazil has made their call ups... and I must say I'm impressed. Tite got over himself and chose some of the younger guys who have been doing well at club level. Also a share of experience. I'd be quite shocked if these don't win the Copa this year.

No Fabinho after the season he's had? 

Suppose that's good for his fitness.

6 hours ago, Cicero said:

No Icardi @Eco

I almost feel bad for Icardi if he wasn't a pain in the ass. 

You keep up with it more than I (Agentina that is), and maybe @Berserker can chime in as well, but what's the reasoning behind not including Icardi? 

10 hours ago, Eco said:

You keep up with it more than I (Agentina that is), and maybe @Berserker can chime in as well, but what's the reasoning behind not including Icardi? 

Icardi has never delivered for the NT and he's been given more than enough chances. They should call Alario and Lautaro.

1 minute ago, José said:

Boca junior players have always come clutch for Argentina (Insua & Palermo) cristian pavon deserved a spot unless he is injured or something. 

I agree on Palermo. Great clutch missing 3 penalties against Colombia :ph34r:

3 hours ago, Berserker said:

Icardi has never delivered for the NT and he's been given more than enough chances. They should call Alario and Lautaro.

Neither has Dybala to be fair. 

Icardi is too much baggage. Fairly certain Messi isn't the only one in the group that doesn't like him. 

18 hours ago, Eco said:

Whenever I have seen him for Argentina, he's been absolutely terrible. I personally don't see why he should be called up or even considered.

23 hours ago, Cicero said:

Surely has to be the XI

Armani

Saravia------Pezzella----Otamendi---Tagliafico

Lo Celso-------Paredes

Di Maria-------------------De Paul

Messi-------Aguero

How is Rodrigo de Paul doing out in Italy these days for Udinese? I remember when he was at Valencia. He never really cut it in the end, but you could always see the talent there. He was also very young at the time too and must have been 19/20.

13 hours ago, Cicero said:

Neither has Dybala to be fair. 

Icardi is too much baggage. Fairly certain Messi isn't the only one in the group that doesn't like him. 

Agreed, Dybala shouldn't be there neither. I'd much rather give a chance to someone like Driussi.

• 2 weeks later...

Our squad was announced a few days ago, but I think it's the right one. Zambrano is back in the squad after 3 years of being absent. Surprisingly managed to consolidate himself in Europe, but unfortunately hasn't changed much in terms of aggresiveness it seems. Shame cos he's a very good defender, just really dirty.

We SHOULD get through the groups, after that it's a coin toss. I think we'll bow out in semi's again against Brazil.

On 21/05/2019 at 13:20, Cicero said:

Surely has to be the XI

Armani

Saravia------Pezzella----Otamendi---Tagliafico

Lo Celso-------Paredes

Di Maria-------------------De Paul

Messi-------Aguero

Noise going around in Argentina media that they will line up like this

Armani

Saravia---Otamendi---Pezzella---Tagliafico

Guido Rodriguez----Paredes

Lo Celso

Messi------------------------Di Maria

Aguero

On 06/06/2019 at 09:09, Cicero said:

Neymar out injured 

And their replacement is Vinicius right?

Nope. Willian :rofl:

2 hours ago, Stick With Azeem said:

17 of Japan's players in the squad are uncapped and they even called up an university player !

I can't wait for them to beat Chile :D 

• The title was changed to Copa América 2019 - Final - BRAZIL v PERÚ
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived