• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tuesday 18th April - Leicester City (1) 1-1 (2) Atletico Madrid

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
10 minutes ago, Dan said:

Make the place a cauldron and get on top of the referee and their team from the word go.

reckon Shakespeare will get away with waving imaginary cards xD ?

• Subscriber
22 minutes ago, Stan said:

reckon Shakespeare will get away with waving imaginary cards xD ?

God knows. Just hope none of those Atletico sports science staff commit such a crime as to give one of their players a drink.

That ref deserves investigating for that performance. One of the most biased officiating performances you will ever see. A complete disgrace. Totally out of his depth.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

No Teso prediction? 

I might start getting in on my prediction for Teso's prediction before he makes it. I'll go for "0-3 atleti, they will hammer this league one side, champions xD" followed by "Juve would hammer Leicester 3-0" when he's invariably wrong.

9 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I hope Atletico Madrid win the whole thing so I'm not buying into the Leicester romance this time. Think it'll finish 1-1.

They'll meet Real in the final and bottle it a third time. 

• Subscriber

I think we're heading out this time sadly. I think they're just that bit too good at the back for us to crack whilst not conceding on the break ourselves.

Make no mistake, if we progress here, it's the most impressive result of our history.

• Subscriber
On 4/15/2017 at 2:09 PM, Dan said:

God knows. Just hope none of those Atletico sports science staff commit such a crime as to give one of their players a drink.

That ref deserves investigating for that performance. One of the most biased officiating performances you will ever see. A complete disgrace. Totally out of his depth.

Honestly as a neutral i dont think it was that bad. The penalty call was completely wrong but if your calling bias? there where 3 penalty calls out of the 4 games and all 3 werent penalties. I actually thought the refing was the worst in the Barca Juve game. Both yellows to Mandzukic and Khedira where completely out to lunch and constant calls for yellows from the Spanish. As a whole i think this was a terrible showing for the refs at this point in the competition. 

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Honestly as a neutral i dont think it was that bad. The penalty call was completely wrong but if your calling bias? there where 3 penalty calls out of the 4 games and all 3 werent penalties. I actually thought the refing was the worst in the Barca Juve game. Both yellows to Mandzukic and Khedira where completely out to lunch and constant calls for yellows from the Spanish. As a whole i think this was a terrible showing for the refs at this point in the competition. 

I thought he was absolutely awful. I do expect the home team to get most 50/50's but he was giving them absolutely everything.

I just can't see how anyone can claim the referee officiated the game fairly when Simeone's practically allowed to spend the game on the pitch and one of our staff is sent off for giving someone a drink. Totally beyond belief how stuff like that won't even get looked into.

I just hope tonight we're even worse. I'd happily see Vardy cheat us into the Semis. As I keep saying, swings and roundabouts. It's UEFA's fault.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Dan said:

I thought he was absolutely awful. I do expect the home team to get most 50/50's but he was giving them absolutely everything.

I just can't see how anyone can claim the referee officiated the game fairly when Simeone's practically allowed to spend the game on the pitch and one of our staff is sent off for giving someone a drink. Totally beyond belief how stuff like that won't even get looked into.

I just hope tonight we're even worse. I'd happily see Vardy cheat us into the Semis. As I keep saying, swings and roundabouts. It's UEFA's fault.

Really they got sent off for that? thats actually kind of hilarious. I dont know if that compares to Juve Barca game though let alone the penalty call against Dortmund or the blaintly offside goal that stood against them too.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Viva la FCB said:

Really they got sent off for that? thats actually kind of hilarious. I dont know if that compares to Juve Barca game though let alone the penalty call against Dortmund or the blaintly offside goal that stood against them too.

I kid you not. Our sports scientist was sent to the stands for giving a player a drink.

I've not seen a lot of the other games to be honest. I can totally believe there were some awful refereeing performances elsewhere. Any of them Cuneyt Cakir by any chance? He was so bad in the Leicester v Porto game that my anger had gone to laughing by about the half hour mark. It was astonishing.

• Subscriber

Anyhow. This is the last you hear from me until after the game. I expect us to go out. It's a trickier test than the last as we don't have the away goal, and for me, these are a better team.

But you never know. I take some hope from the fact they won't have faced a game like Leicester away any time recently. We have quite a unique style of play at home and few seem to be able to handle it when we're on song. Sevilla couldn't.

Do worry we'll be playing a very make-shift defence. If Morgan isn't fit it's likely our centre half pairing will be Benalouane and Fuchs, with Simpson and Chilwell at full back.

Hope I'm about to experience another absolutely memorable night. Sevilla was probably my favourite game ever. This has the potential to be even better. I'll be jeering them every time they're on the ball. If I have a voice by the time I'm home, I have ultimately failed.

Please do this.

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Stan said:

Flags set up on all seats for tomorrow night's display 

C9oa9zMWAAARmD5.jpg:large

Disappointing that the club lied to Union FS and said that they didn't want a tifo for this game, only to go ahead and do their own. Struggling to understand their motive.

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Dan said:

Disappointing that the club lied to Union FS and said that they didn't want a tifo for this game, only to go ahead and do their own. Struggling to understand their motive.

I heard that they've been totally honest with Union FS And said before the return leg against Sevilla that they won't be allowing UFS to do one? Obviously because they have their plans to do this. 

The motive being they want to have control over the display perhaps. I can't fault the club on this one - it's not like they've gone ahead and let UFS do a display, let them get it all set up and then changed their mind by saying they can't have one. Think it'll look pretty damn good with the CL music blaring out as well.

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Stan said:

I heard that they've been totally honest with Union FS And said before the return leg against Sevilla that they won't be allowing UFS to do one? Obviously because they have their plans to do this. 

The motive being they want to have control over the display perhaps. I can't fault the club on this one - it's not like they've gone ahead and let UFS do a display, let them get it all set up and then changed their mind by saying they can't have one. Think it'll look pretty damn good with the CL music blaring out as well.

I can tell you for a fact they haven't. They told UFS to leave it as they didn't want one for that game. The reason in my eyes all along was that the club wanted control. They don't want UFS getting too big.

Top quality pre-match analysis here by David James.

"I saw Oblak warming before the Champions League final once. He didn't impress me. I didn't like him. Then I saw more of him later. He is obviously a good keeper. I now realise that it's not right to judge a player on a single warm up."

:dam: (And, no, he wasn't being sarcastic)

Great header by Saul and just as great ball in by Filipe Luis.

Leicester are playing well tonight but Atletico are just too much for them. There is a reason why only Real have been able to eliminate them from the Champs league since Simeone took charge and that one is physiological.

• The title was changed to Tuesday 18th April - Leicester City (1) 1-1 (2) Atletico Madrid
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived