talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tuesday 18th April - Leicester City (1) 1-1 (2) Atletico Madrid

• Subscriber

Shame for the match that Atleti scored first as the remainder of the match will likely see Leicester unsuccessfully lay siege to the opposition's penalty area in an attempt to get the three goals they need. It was looking entertaining up until that stage. Could still be, mind.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
39 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Top quality pre-match analysis here by David James.

"I saw Oblak warming before the Champions League final once. He didn't impress me. I didn't like him. Then I saw more of him later. He is obviously a good keeper. I now realise that it's not right to judge a player on a single warm up."

:dam: (And, no, he wasn't being sarcastic)

Just wait we now get his expert analysis at half time. Gold nuggets coming your way.

Simeone getting away with a first leg at home without conceding is ignoring the second leg.  I know Leicester fans won't care for this next comment because they'll want to big up a kind of fight back, but Atleti toyed with the game after they scored the away goal.  They could've played it a whole lot different and gone for a big result.  The thing is that Diego Pablo Simeone is a pragmatist and only cares for doing what's needed which you can see on the touchline if you take notice.

All the same Leicester City fans can feel proud of what they've done.  In their first and only season to date in this tournament, they've given off an impression that will be remembered considering their resources and their stature.  This is what football is about and it's to be respected!  Aside from what occurred with Ranieri being pushed out (mine and many's opinion), the players have done the club proud...  Infact part of this is adventure in the Champions League is down to the now gone Premier League coach that took them to glory.  His work took them through a group to win it and than score an away goal in a game they were getting murdered in which gave the opportunity for what was achieved against Sevilla and an eventual quarter-final game against a side that's been in 3 of the last 4 semi-finals and 2 of the last 4 finals in this tournament.  That's some going and on the singular law of averages beats two decades of a rotten and rancid frenchaman in London...  Oops...  Was I being rancid myself in that last bit?  Maybe, but I don't give a damn.

Well done Leicester and I only hope Atlético Madrid don't get done by the utter scum that lives within their city again.

• Subscriber

Cannot knock them at all after that. I'm not usually one of these to bleed positives out of a defeat but we played excellently in that second half. Gave them a far bigger run for their money than most expected.

There's no shame in losing to them over two legs. They would beat anyone in this country over two legs without a shadow of a doubt. Probably the best two leg team in the world.

Well done to Atletico. Would like to see them go all the way.

22 minutes ago, Dan said:

Cannot knock them at all after that. I'm not usually one of these to bleed positives out of a defeat but we played excellently in that second half. Gave them a far bigger run for their money than most expected.

There's no shame in losing to them over two legs. They would beat anyone in this country over two legs without a shadow of a doubt. Probably the best two leg team in the world.

Well done to Atletico. Would like to see them go all the way.

For me Leicester City gave Atlético Madrid one of the hardest games in quite a number of years in Europe.  Like I said, the players can feel proud although I can appreciate that right now they won't give a damn about the fact they've over achieved.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

For me Leicester City gave Atlético Madrid one of the hardest games in quite a number of years in Europe.  Like I said, the players can feel proud although I can appreciate that right now they won't give a damn about the fact they've over achieved.

Precisely the point. We have made probably the best team on the planet over two legs worry.

People giving us stick after tonight are idiots. Yes we've lost, but we have massively over-achieved.

I'm quite hopeful going forward about Leicester. I'm convinced we've got the right man in charge.

1 minute ago, Dan said:

Precisely the point. We have made probably the best team on the planet over two legs worry.

People giving us stick after tonight are idiots. Yes we've lost, but we have massively over-achieved.

I'm quite hopeful going forward about Leicester. I'm convinced we've got the right man in charge.

Anyone giving Leicester City stick within the whole context of what they've achieved is an idiot and everything that's wrong with football these days.  It's glory hunters and non understanders of this sport that take all the merit out of something we love because they're the growing entity in all of this.

12 minutes ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

They backstab/fire a coach that led them to a once in a life time team (a bottom feeder team) and they have the right man now, a fucking nobody/caretaker that manage to climb them a few spots above relegation and avoided(more like Atletico toyed around/didnt want to risk an injury ((like morgan)) and all of the suddenly they have the RIGHT man xD OMFG are you serious, wait till Ranieri's good work wears out (when yall get relegated next season) and see if that fucking caretaker was the right choice. Ranieri deserves better than this ungrateful bunch xD

Oh why don't you just fuck off back into the obortion bucket you crawled out of. 

For crying out loud. 

• Administrator

Immensely proud of my club tonight. 

Took Atletico pretty much all the way and who knows what would have happened if we snuck in one of those chances while we were on top to make it 2-1. Great entertainment and its been a great battle over the 2 legs with Atletico. 

I gave Simeone a lot of shit after the first leg. But fair play to him. Could have gone straight to the Atletico fans to applaud them but instead went to each of our players and subs and shook their hand. He is ultra passionate on the touch line and I take back some of the crap I gave him last week. 

We pushed Atletico further than most teams with better players and bigger budgets can. And for that I am so proud. 

Atmosphere was immense as expected, as well. 

IMG_20170418_223954_182.jpg

• Subscriber

On one hand, you've got Diego Simeone, possibly the best manager in the world, talking very highly of Leicester and a lot of our players. Diego Godin praising Vardy as one of the best forwards in the world.

On another, you've got a Mexican Man Utd 'fan' who hates everything about Leicester due to some weird inferiority complex because he knows he couldn't ever get the joy from football I've gotten.

Who do you go with? It's a tricky one.

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Tanksie said:

Yeah, not sure you said it but Leicester fans in general weren't his biggest fans after the first leg

Definite error there. I think he's the best manager in the world.

• The title was changed to Tuesday 18th April - Leicester City (1) 1-1 (2) Atletico Madrid
  • The topic was unpinned
4 hours ago, Cicero said:

Can't be the best team on the planet if you are not even the best in your country. 

He said best 2 legged team, which may be right. Comparing a league to a knockout cup is unfair.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Cicero said:

Can't be the best team on the planet if you are not even the best in your country. 

I said best team over two legs. There's an art to it and they are the masters. They will make the final no matter who they draw. It's just the final I'm not sure about for them.

Archived