talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tuesday 18th April - Leicester City (1) 1-1 (2) Atletico Madrid

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

The same team that allowed Las Palmas to score 3 goals in the second leg of copa del rey??? xDxDxD okay haha. las palmas gave them a better effort than the mighty champions of England xDxDxD

Copa Del Rey? I liked that summertime sadness song she did.

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Dan said:

Can't wait for Teso to claim Man Utd did better in Europe than us this year when they beat Anderlecht 1-0

yeah but who had more shots and possession and interceptions and tackles and dab celebrations?

19 hours ago, Stan said:

Immensely proud of my club tonight. 

Took Atletico pretty much all the way and who knows what would have happened if we snuck in one of those chances while we were on top to make it 2-1. Great entertainment and its been a great battle over the 2 legs with Atletico. 

I gave Simeone a lot of shit after the first leg. But fair play to him. Could have gone straight to the Atletico fans to applaud them but instead went to each of our players and subs and shook their hand. He is ultra passionate on the touch line and I take back some of the crap I gave him last week. 

We pushed Atletico further than most teams with better players and bigger budgets can. And for that I am so proud. 

Atmosphere was immense as expected, as well. 

IMG_20170418_223954_182.jpg

You were excellent in the first half and I had a feeling you were gona come back as Atletico seemed rattled in the first 20 mins or so especially of that second half(after looking quite comfortable for the rest of the tie) and they gave Atletico one of the toughest games they have had in the Champions league since Simeone.

Leicester fans should be proud of their run this year as they have gotten through their group with ease, beaten a strong Sevilla side then took the masters of the 2 legged tie to the death which isn't easy.

Godin is a beast by the way. I've always rated him since his Villarreal days, despite being prone to mistakes in his younger days, but in the last 5 or so years he has gone on to become the best defender in Spain and one of the best in the world. I'd place him above the likes of Pique and Ramos without a doubt.

• Administrator

Godin was sensational. Not seen a performance like that in a while and probably the best I've seen at the King Power. Ridiculously dominant in the air and well up to the physical challenge as well. 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

You were excellent in the first half and I had a feeling you were gona come back as Atletico seemed rattled in the first 20 mins or so especially of that second half(after looking quite comfortable for the rest of the tie) and they gave Atletico one of the toughest games they have had in the Champions league since Simeone.

Leicester fans should be proud of their run this year as they have gotten through their group with ease, beaten a strong Sevilla side then took the masters of the 2 legged tie to the death which isn't easy.

Godin is a beast by the way. I've always rated him since his Villarreal days, despite being prone to mistakes in his younger days, but in the last 5 or so years he has gone on to become the best defender in Spain and one of the best in the world. I'd place him above the likes of Pique and Ramos without a doubt.

When we equalised I got that feeling again, that feeling of 'we can demolish anyone in our way' but Atletico held off, and many have failed in that position.

We earned the respect of the man I believe to be the best manager in the world. I'd have taken that if offered it in the summer.

I think Leicester have proved that they still have it to be competitive against anyone or at least that they can give anyone a game.  That is something to build on and again Leicester have the same questions set before them this summer in managing to maintain their assets in terms of their best players and being astute in the transfer market to bolster the squad.  Playing in the Champions League is always difficult, but it's even harder when it's your first attempt...  That is the most commendable thing about anything they've managed for me personally, even more than winning the Premier League.

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I think Leicester have proved that they still have it to be competitive against anyone or at least that they can give anyone a game.  That is something to build on and again Leicester have the same questions set before them this summer in managing to maintain their assets in terms of their best players and being astute in the transfer market to bolster the squad.  Playing in the Champions League is always difficult, but it's even harder when it's your first attempt...  That is the most commendable thing about anything they've managed for me personally, even more than winning the Premier League.

This for me as well. I'm amazed some people are criticising us. Atletico do this to anyone (and what a mug I was for saying I wanted them).

It surprises me how unfased we seem by everything. A team of misfits with a manager who's playing career was largely made up at Walsall, West Brom and Grimsby, and managerial career a caretaker at West Brom and an assistant at Hull and Leicester. I thought he showed genuine nous last night. I want him given it permanently.

11 minutes ago, Dan said:

It surprises me how unfased we seem by everything. A team of misfits with a manager who's playing career was largely made up at Walsall, West Brom and Grimsby, and managerial career a caretaker at West Brom and an assistant at Hull and Leicester. I thought he showed genuine nous last night. I want him given it permanently.

Not sure I agree with the nous bit. It wasn't working so the big man came on and started to hit it long. That's just your classic British tactics people think foreign teams crumble under. 

He definitely should be given it permanently. Drastic difference between the team we played on Boxing Day and the one at Goodison.  

• Subscriber
23 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Not sure I agree with the nous bit. It wasn't working so the big man came on and started to hit it long. That's just your classic British tactics people think foreign teams crumble under. 

He definitely should be given it permanently. Drastic difference between the team we played on Boxing Day and the one at Goodison.  

Have you seen the stats from the second half? There was no doubt in my mind things improved at half time. A complete change in shape and yes, while the big man was used, I was impressed by how much we hurt them down the wings.

I do agree with your second point although thought we weren't very good last weekend either, but understandable given the changes. The boxing day display was a horror show.

Archived