• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Christian Eriksen - Inter Move Complete

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.df7a950b1d1a4eba30a869e35a12f7da.png

Christian Eriksen's representatives will not consider Tottenham's £200,000-per-week contract offer and the 27-year-old Denmark international, whose current deal expires next summer, is holding out for a move to Spain. (Mirror)

Eriksen is all-but resigned to staying at Tottenham in the short-term, with his dream of joining Real Madrid or Barcelona this summer failing to materialise. (Mail)

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.a9306f397c16c186b06d43395b430ae9.png

Christian Eriksen: Tottenham player wants 'Football Manager' solution to future

Christian Eriksen has admitted that he wishes his future could have been resolved "like in Football Manager".

Eriksen is in the final year of his Tottenham contract and could leave on a free transfer next summer.

The Denmark midfielder was linked with Manchester United and Real Madrid during the transfer window.

Eriksen, who said in June he was looking for a fresh challenge, has made two starts and two substitute appearances for Spurs this season.

"I wish I could decide just like in Football Manager, but unfortunately I can't," he told reporters.

Eriksen, 27, was speaking at Denmark's training base in the south of Spain, where he is preparing with the national team for Euro 2020 qualifiers away to Gibraltar on Thursday and Georgia on Sunday.

He was cryptic about how things had played out before the European transfer window closed on Monday.

But he said he would be able to close his mind to the swirl of speculation and focus on his country first, and then club matters when he returns to Tottenham before their Premier League game at home to Crystal Palace on 14 September.

"For me, it's not hard to clear my head," he said. "I don't read much of what is written. And now I have been involved for many years, where there have been many rumours every year.

"I know a lot of people are interested in where I play. That's the way it is."

Eriksen joined Spurs from Ajax in 2013 and has made 210 Premier League appearances.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49567760

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.5a59b54ce45ba28eaddd6a875c106518.png

Real Madrid will not try to sign Tottenham's Denmark midfielder Christian Eriksen, 27, in January unless they can sell fringe players first. (AS)

Real will offer Spurs their Spain midfielder Isco, 27, and Dominican Republic forward Mariano Diaz, 26, in an attempt to secure Eriksen's signature. (El Desmarque - in Spanish)

• 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to Christian Eriksen - Inter Move On the Cards

Looking like Spurs are going to get almost £20m for Eriksen this January. Pretty decent fee for a player that's 1.) available as a free transfer in a few months, 2.) has been playing like shit all season long. Granted, I think part of the reason his performances have been so bad is because he's been pretty vocal about wanting a move away for months now.

I'm hoping Inter win the Serie A now, just because I feel like that league needs a break from Juve constantly winning it (granted, Juve being the best side in Italy is not really anything new xD).

And for Spurs this should mean they'll be able to buy Lo Ceslo before the window closes, which I'm fairly sure gives them a bit of a discount on him now. And I think that's a good signing for them, he plays like he wants to be there and has added some much needed quality (coupled with effort, unlike Eriksen this season) to Spurs lately.

• Administrator

Absolute bargain. 

Inter with a lot of ex-PL players now - Lukaku, Young, Sanchez, Moses (xD), potentially Eriksen.

Now if they could just give us Lautaro Martinez that'd be great. 

Yeah, it's a great deal for Inter. £17m for a player probably worth triple that when he's on song.

I didn't realise he was still 27 as well. I should imagine he'll smash Serie A too. Not exactly the strongest of league's these days is it.

43 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Yeah, it's a great deal for Inter. £17m for a player probably worth triple that when he's on song.

I didn't realise he was still 27 as well. I should imagine he'll smash Serie A too. Not exactly the strongest of league's these days is it.

Very crucial condition there. Eriksen is capable of brilliance but every Spurs fan I've ever spoken to says he sails through 1/2 the season, sometimes more, giving little to nothing. I don't think that suggests a player who is capable of playing for the very best. Perhaps Conte will be able to coax more out of him and more consistently, but I think this is good news for Spurs. While he may not have been a trouble maker, having a player clearly wanting to leave is never healthy for a team.

8 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think Levy getting that much money out of Inter, despite him being available on a free transfer.

That man should have been put in charge of Brexit negotiations, tbh.

Levy apart from being a Bond Villain is a great businessman. However if he pushes Inter too far, he just might keep Eriksen and see him walk free in the summer.

I know Levy is good for a bargain but are we really praising him getting £17m for Eriksen?😂

The geezer would have left on a free in the Summer and could have been snapped up by either of the Madrid clubs, Bayern, Juve, PSG...even Barce. £17m doesn’t even get you Neal Maupay or Oli McBurnie, any club would have been able to get something similar to £17m 6 months before his contract ends when negotiating with a club who need to get the deal done before the bigger clubs circle for him in the Summer.

5 minutes ago, Danny said:

I know Levy is good for a bargain but are we really praising him getting £17m for Eriksen?😂

The geezer would have left on a free in the Summer and could have been snapped up by either of the Madrid clubs, Bayern, Juve, PSG...even Barce. £17m doesn’t even get you Neal Maupay or Oli McBurnie, any club would have been able to get something similar to £17m 6 months before his contract ends when negotiating with a club who need to get the deal done before the bigger clubs circle for him in the Summer.

If I were Inter and Levy said “pay close to £20m” I’d say “fuck off ya dumb cunt he’s signed his pre-contract with us we’re getting him for free” - I think he’s just managed to take advantage of Conte’s prem player fetish for this window

37 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

If I were Inter and Levy said “pay close to £20m” I’d say “fuck off ya dumb cunt he’s signed his pre-contract with us we’re getting him for free” - I think he’s just managed to take advantage of Conte’s prem player fetish for this window

Mate if Eriksen was going to leave on a free do you think he would limit himself to just Inter when in 6 months time at least 6 other bigger clubs could swoop in for him? The reason Inter paid this money was to secure him now. Unless he has explicitly agreed a pre-contract with Inter in the Summer which I'm not aware of him doing...

Levy getting £17m for him in January is hardly great business considering Inter needed to buy him now and it was Levy who couldn't persuade him to sign a new contract and couldn't negotiate a good enough deal to see him off in the Summer

24 minutes ago, Danny said:

Mate if Eriksen was going to leave on a free do you think he would limit himself to just Inter when in 6 months time at least 6 other bigger clubs could swoop in for him? The reason Inter paid this money was to secure him now. Unless he has explicitly agreed a pre-contract with Inter in the Summer which I'm not aware of him doing...

Levy getting £17m for him in January is hardly great business considering Inter needed to buy him now and it was Levy who couldn't persuade him to sign a new contract and couldn't negotiate a good enough deal to see him off in the Summer

Yeah, he already signed the pre-contract with Inter. He’s not good enough for Barca or Real Madrid - he’d be a bit part player there imo and he wouldn’t want that. His best option would probably be Inter or Atletico and Inter’s looking more healthy than Atletico as of late 

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah, he already signed the pre-contract with Inter. He’s not good enough for Barca or Real Madrid - he’d be a bit part player there imo and he wouldn’t want that. His best option would probably be Inter or Atletico and Inter’s looking more healthy than Atletico as of late 

The last 6 months don't negate what he's done at Spurs...I think he fits into any top side, whether he remains consistent and plays regularly who knows (I know some Spurs say he can coast through parts of a season) but on a free I doubt big clubs will steer clear of him. In fact from what I've read he's not signed a pre-contract, definitely not been confirmed that he has and the offers put forward by Inter were a pre-contract to the player and a transfer fee to the club. Good business from Inter really if that's the case. I think he'll link up well with Lukaku too

He's been playing like he doesn't give a shit this season and he was getting criticised last season by Tottenham fans as well. It'll be interesting to see if he can get back to a good level now that he's got his move.

Archived