talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Christian Eriksen - Inter Move Complete

1 minute ago, Danny said:

The last 6 months don't negate what he's done at Spurs...I think he fits into any top side, whether he remains consistent and plays regularly who knows (I know some Spurs say he can coast through parts of a season) but on a free I doubt big clubs will steer clear of him. In fact from what I've read he's not signed a pre-contract, definitely not been confirmed that he has and the offers put forward by Inter were a pre-contract to the player and a transfer fee to the club. Good business from Inter really if that's the case. I think he'll link up well with Lukaku too

I didn’t say the last 6 months negated the rest of his time at Spurs. But look at Real Madrid and Barca’s squads - if James & Coutinho couldn’t cut it at those respective sides as starters, I don’t think Eriksen would either. And the fact he was very open about wanting a move to a Spanish giant in the summer and received no interest from those 2 speaks volumes.

In any case, Inter ARE a big club and I agree he’ll do well there

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I didn’t say the last 6 months negated the rest of his time at Spurs. But look at Real Madrid and Barca’s squads - if James & Coutinho couldn’t cut it at those respective sides as starters, I don’t think Eriksen would either. And the fact he was very open about wanting a move to a Spanish giant in the summer and received no interest from those 2 speaks volumes.

In any case, Inter ARE a big club and I agree he’ll do well there

Coutinho and Eriksen are different players, the reason Coutinho didn’t fit in is because his main skill set is dribbling from the left, cutting in and unleashing. He was almost the centrepiece at Liverpool, but at Barce he needed to offer more in his game and he couldn’t.

Eriksen however has a style of play that would fit in well with how both teams play, he’s also not the centrepiece at Spurs even if he is the most important midfielder.

Also James was signed off of the back of a World Cup, not because of years of club performances 

• Subscriber
17 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Very crucial condition there. Eriksen is capable of brilliance but every Spurs fan I've ever spoken to says he sails through 1/2 the season, sometimes more, giving little to nothing. I don't think that suggests a player who is capable of playing for the very best. Perhaps Conte will be able to coax more out of him and more consistently, but I think this is good news for Spurs. While he may not have been a trouble maker, having a player clearly wanting to leave is never healthy for a team.

This is a pretty accurate summary - although I do think some of the last 12 months has clouded some fans judgements. He has been a fantastic player for us - he's scored countless important goals, assists and when he played well, we played well. It's certainly true that he had times when he coasted, and times when he contributed very little, but on the whole he was a crucial player for us in as we rose up the table. The problem is, he's also contributed to why we haven't got over the hump. We've had plenty of semi finals, finals, but he along with the others have never quite done enough to win things. 

Yeah, he had to go. It's sad because I loved watching him play. But the last year has been so painful and his lack of effort very obvious. It was time he went, even if he's supposedly been professional and not a problem on the training ground.

3 hours ago, Danny said:

I know Levy is good for a bargain but are we really praising him getting £17m for Eriksen?😂

The geezer would have left on a free in the Summer and could have been snapped up by either of the Madrid clubs, Bayern, Juve, PSG...even Barce. £17m doesn’t even get you Neal Maupay or Oli McBurnie, any club would have been able to get something similar to £17m 6 months before his contract ends when negotiating with a club who need to get the deal done before the bigger clubs circle for him in the Summer.

It's good at this stage mate - he could easily have gone on a free and we'd get nothing. The problem is we only ever had offers from clubs he didn't want to go to like Manchester United. 

None of these bigger clubs wanted him either though.

1 hour ago, Danny said:

The last 6 months don't negate what he's done at Spurs...I think he fits into any top side, whether he remains consistent and plays regularly who knows (I know some Spurs say he can coast through parts of a season) but on a free I doubt big clubs will steer clear of him. In fact from what I've read he's not signed a pre-contract, definitely not been confirmed that he has and the offers put forward by Inter were a pre-contract to the player and a transfer fee to the club. Good business from Inter really if that's the case. I think he'll link up well with Lukaku too

They don't negate it - but they do put a dampener on his Spurs career and question his motivations. I don't think people realise just how much he's coasted and become so anonymous. He's always had spells where he's gone missing, but this has been awful. Madrid didn't want him, Barca didn't want him. Inter's a reasonable move but from a footballing perspective it's fairly sideways, although they are on the up. 

The big thing is though he just want a new challenge, and a Southern European culture - he wanted Spain, but I'm sure Italy will treat him right too.

1 hour ago, 6666 said:

He's been playing like he doesn't give a shit this season and he was getting criticised last season by Tottenham fans as well. It'll be interesting to see if he can get back to a good level now that he's got his move.

Exactly - I'm curious to see his performance and effort levels now. 

2 minutes ago, Storts said:

This is a pretty accurate summary - although I do think some of the last 12 months has clouded some fans judgements. He has been a fantastic player for us - he's scored countless important goals, assists and when he played well, we played well. It's certainly true that he had times when he coasted, and times when he contributed very little, but on the whole he was a crucial player for us in as we rose up the table. The problem is, he's also contributed to why we haven't got over the hump. We've had plenty of semi finals, finals, but he along with the others have never quite done enough to win things. 

Yeah, he had to go. It's sad because I loved watching him play. But the last year has been so painful and his lack of effort very obvious. It was time he went, even if he's supposedly been professional and not a problem on the training ground.

It's good at this stage mate - he could easily have gone on a free and we'd get nothing. The problem is we only ever had offers from clubs he didn't want to go to like Manchester United. 

None of these bigger clubs wanted him either though.

They don't negate it - but they do put a dampener on his Spurs career and question his motivations. I don't think people realise just how much he's coasted and become so anonymous. He's always had spells where he's gone missing, but this has been awful. Madrid didn't want him, Barca didn't want him. Inter's a reasonable move but from a footballing perspective it's fairly sideways, although they are on the up. 

The big thing is though he just want a new challenge, and a Southern European culture - he wanted Spain, but I'm sure Italy will treat him right too.

Exactly - I'm curious to see his performance and effort levels now. 

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying it's not good that you've got some money out of it, just that it's hardly the Levy brilliance that that's been mentioned. You can tell I'm putting off an assignment by arguing over the merits of £17m on Christian Eriksen xD

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Danny said:

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying it's not good that you've got some money out of it, just that it's hardly the Levy brilliance that that's been mentioned. You can tell I'm putting off an assignment by arguing over the merits of £17m on Christian Eriksen xD

Haha - it's quite a funny deal though which sums up Levy, he's got that money, plus Inter have to pay the 5% sell on fee we have to Ajax, and also have a friendly where we keep all the profits. 

31 minutes ago, Storts said:

Haha - it's quite a funny deal though which sums up Levy, he's got that money, plus Inter have to pay the 5% sell on fee we have to Ajax, and also have a friendly where we keep all the profits. 

Now that sounds like Daniel Levy xD

• 7 months later...
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.6f730bfd067e134c6fca8654c51a968f.png

Some Tottenham Hotspur fans have flocked to a tweet that was recently posted by Spurs news Twitter account @LastWordOnSpurs which shares a claim about the availability of ex-Spurs midfielder Christian Eriksen, who departed the North London club to join Internazionale back in January. 

The Milan-based club paid £24.3m to sign the Danish midfielder in January, however, according to a recent report from CalciomercatoArrow.png.f5eb1a0c7b4a089bd14ed145a46f67cb.png, Inter are open to allowing him to leave the club. 

This report states that while the 28-year-old is not for sale, the Serie A side are not ruling out the possibility of using Eriksen in a swap deal. However, the article from Calciomercato does also state that Inter would need to be guaranteed ‘a considerable capital gain’ for Eriksen to actually leave. 

This alleged news was subsequently shared on Twitter by @LastWordOnSpurs and it caught the attention of many Spurs fans.  (This Is Futball)Arrow.png.f5eb1a0c7b4a089bd14ed145a46f67cb.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived