talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Christian Eriksen - Inter Move Complete

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Even if he wants to make a big money move, he’ll make more money leaving as a free agent

Thats probably the best option for Eriksen, he can sign a pre contract with Real Madrid in January after giving it a go in the Champions League this year with Spurs.

However, Levy will have a stroke if he leaves on a free.  The United rumour seems a long shot given the relationship between United and levy, but I can see Spurs trying to sell him abroad for whatever they can get if he still refused to sign an extension.

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.91b30b78118f39e3ba8944cdab73366a.png

Manchester United have stepped up their attempts to secure a deal for Tottenham's Denmark midfielder Christian Eriksen, 27. (Telegraph)

Eriksen is not in Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino's long-term plans - and hasn't been since he admitted he wants a new challenge. (Mirror)

United's late decision to chase Eriksen comes because they have doubts over whether France midfielder Paul Pogba, 26, will still be at Old Trafford at the end of the transfer window. (Standard)

United HAVE to find quality cover for the departed Ander Herrera who moved to PSG. It's vital or they could find themselves in an even more serious decline this coming season. It's the most important part of the pitch, the balance, the equilibrium of a side.

But in saying that... Moving from Spurs to Man Utd presently is absolutely mental in my opinion, a serious risk and it smells of a lot more money otherwise it doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

8 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Not in my life time :8_laughing:

It's made me laugh how your banner (under the crest) says 125 Years just to let people know the club didn't just appear on the football map over night. To write that asks more questions as to why!

At least you aren't like your sister club which was founded in 1971. :ph34r:

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

It's made me laugh how your banner (under the crest) says 125 Years just to let people know the club didn't just appear on the football map over night. To write that asks more questions as to why!

At least you aren't like your sister club which was founded in 1971. :ph34r:

Yeah, no history since we was St Marks, right? :what:  ..for all you new people to football https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Manchester_City_F.C._(1880–1928) ;)  ..the 125 is an anniversary thing too :coffee: 

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.d158ca05ab114f6611a4d7cfe83d4225.png

Christian Eriksen: Man Utd hold talks with Tottenham midfielder but think he favours La Liga move

Manchester United have held talks with Tottenham midfielder Christian Eriksen but believe he wants to move to Spain.

Eriksen, 27, has scored 66 goals in 277 appearances for Spurs but said in June he might be keen on a new challenge.

United have halted discussions with the Dane, who has one year left on his Tottenham contract and has previously been linked with a move to Real Madrid.

The Old Trafford club have spent £140m this summer on Harry Maguire, Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Daniel James.

United remain in talks with other potential targets, but the Premier League transfer window closes at 17:00 BST so they acknowledge the chance of completing any more deals is not high.

• Administrator
50 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

He'd actually be better off at Atletico than Real to be honest as he's their missing piece. Just the type of player they need to complete their squad. He'd probably suit them better as well.

I thought this the other day as well. Seems to suit their system more than he would at Real. Think he'd have more of an impact at Atletico as well. 

2 hours ago, Stan said:

I thought this the other day as well. Seems to suit their system more than he would at Real. Think he'd have more of an impact at Atletico as well. 

They have been linked with him this summer as well in the Spanish media, so you never know, they might go in for him. Especially now that they won't be getting James, who I didn't think would have been a good signing for them anyway.

I don't think he'd turn it down either as he said he wants a new challenge outside England and  Atletico, with what they are building right now(they are becoming one of those "super clubs") would be an ideal destination for someone in his position.

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.2d02b85eb0f3d6a03e16f7da740dbee4.png

Italian champions Juventus are interested in signing Denmark midfielder Christian Eriksen, 27, on a free transfer when his Tottenham contract expires at the end of the season.(Metro)

Tottenham are willing to more than double Eriksen's wages to close to £200,000-a-week but fear even that may not be enough to keep him. (Mail)

9 minutes ago, Harry said:

Hasn't the window closed? What could United do now?

The Premier League decided to close the window for the start of new seasons last year and even though it's a very comprehensible directive, it puts Premier League clubs in a predicament for this exact reason you've mentioned. Clubs around Europe can still take your players and there's nothing that the club who loses a player can do anything about.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

The Premier League decided to close the window for the start of new seasons last year and even though it's a very comprehensible directive, it puts Premier League clubs in a predicament for this exact reason you've mentioned. Clubs around Europe can still take your players and there's nothing that the club who loses a player can do anything about.

I actually think it puts EPL teams in a stronger position. Few EPL teams will knowingly hinder their own start to the season, if anything this will make someone like Daniel Levy even tougher to negotiate with 

1 minute ago, Batard said:

I actually think it puts EPL teams in a stronger position. Few EPL teams will knowingly hinder their own start to the season, if anything this will make someone like Daniel Levy even tougher to negotiate with 

It goes both ways mate and yes, people like Levy who is always hard to negotiate with will be more hardline. But it doesn't just have to be top notch players who are poached without anything being able to be done about it,but also other players from clubs that can't resist in the division thus creating even more disparity between the more plwerful clubs and those looking to close the gap.

If a Real Madrid came a long (in their current goalscoring predicament) and offered £200m for Kane, it would oush the boundaries in my view.

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

It goes both ways mate and yes, people like Levy who is always hard to negotiate with will be more hardline. But it doesn't just have to be top notch players who are poached without anything being able to be done about it,but also other players from clubs that can't resist in the division thus creating even more disparity between the more plwerful clubs and those looking to close the gap.

If a Real Madrid came a long (in their current goalscoring predicament) and offered £200m for Kane, it would oush the boundaries in my view.

I think for someone like Eriksen, certainly. I can see Kane being a one club man 

• The title was changed to Christian Eriksen - Inter Move On the Cards

Archived