talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Nacho Monreal - Signs for Real Sociedad

• Subscriber

Arsenal  have activated a clause within Nacho Monreal's contract to extend his deal until the end of next season, sources have told ESPN FC.

Monreal, 32, had entered the final year of his contract with the club, but Unai Emery said in September he wanted the left-back tied down to a new deal.

Talks over a longer-term contract have been put on hold for now, but the move means Monreal will not be leaving for nothing at the end of the season.

https://www.espn.co.uk/soccer/soccer-transfers/story/3746839/arsenal-activate-nacho-monreal-contract-extension-clause-sources

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 7 months later...
1 minute ago, CaaC (John) said:

You have got me lost buddy, this is a screenshot of what I had when I looked for the thread just in case I did not duplicate?

download.png.c3fd52728979a0ed1e15865a4ec35600.png

then I added the speculation because I could not see any other thread?

It's at the top mate? xD

• Subscriber

Don't think Arsenal will allow this to happen. They can't afford to lose anyone now considering the ramifications it will have on their backline and the fact that now another captain wants to leave.

Just now, CaaC (John) said:

You mean you merged it then? O.o 

I usually do mate, although when I showed you what you done I left it before I was going to merge it later so you could see. I think Batard merged it. 

I was only adding a bit of humour mate hahaha. It just made me laugh this morning because your previous posy on Monreal was so close to the top.

3 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Don't think Arsenal will allow this to happen. They can't afford to lose anyone now considering the ramifications it will have on their backline and the fact that now another captain wants to leave.

Well according to various of Spain's sport newspapers this morning, it's a close thing already mate.

• Subscriber
Just now, SirBalon said:

Well according to various of Spain's sport newspapers this morning, it's a close thing already mate.

Does that mean that management knew about it? I am just reading up on it now.

• Subscriber

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

I usually do mate, although when I showed you what you done I left it before I was going to merge it later so you could see. I think Batard merged it. 

I was only adding a bit of humour mate hahaha. It just made me laugh this morning because your previous posy on Monreal was so close to the top

Lol, what I normally do is trace back to about 7 pages and see if had been posted before then I will gamble and create another thread knowing you intelligent Admin/Mods will spot it and merge, thus, old faithful @Batard did the merge without telling me :x

27 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Does that mean that management knew about it? I am just reading up on it now.

I would expect so because the rumour has been there all summer simmering. The way we've done business this season is very confusing although on the purchasing side I don't want to complain too much at all. Just that none of it looked planned either on the signings or eventual departures.

29 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Lol, what I normally do is trace back to about 7 pages and see if had been posted before then I will gamble and create another thread knowing you intelligent Admin/Mods will spot it and merge, thus, old faithful @Batard did the merge without telling me :x

Yeah, I usually merge without saying anything too mate. Just that today's one really made me laugh due to the new thread you created on Monreal literally being there made by you a few days ago in fourth place. xD;)

This is getting serious legs and Emery confirmed post-match it could happen. Seems strange considering he has started all 3 games and Emery trusts him more than Kolasinac in a 4. Not to mention Tierney won't return till about October time, so we are one injury away from no LB. 

I understand the club would like to get a bit of money from him, but it will only be a few million. I doubt his wages are that extortionate as well. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Yeah, I usually merge without saying anything too mate. Just that today's one really made me laugh due to the new thread you created on Monreal literally being there made by you a few days ago in fourth place. xD;)

Yer, I can't blame the booze from the night before this time as I had no drink last night as I wanted to finish a book off. :D

2 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Yer, I can't blame the booze from the night before this time as I had no drink last night as I wanted to finish a book off. :D

Don't fret mate... I called a striker a right-back the other day here at TF365... You can't get more mental than that and I was drinking sparkling water at the time. xD

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.ba3f6b4c2a6e9984afa6153139640b53.png

Real Sociedad want to push through a rapid deal for Arsenal defender Nacho Monreal so he can train with the club and make his debut on Friday night. The 33-year-old has been offered a two-year contract with an option for a further 12 months. (Express)

P.S. @SirBalon nearly did it again **, I looked through 9 bloody pages for his name and couldn't see it but I was bloody sure he had been posted before so I checked the first page again and there he was xD

download.png  :dam:**

17 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Quote.thumb.png.ba3f6b4c2a6e9984afa6153139640b53.png

Real Sociedad want to push through a rapid deal for Arsenal defender Nacho Monreal so he can train with the club and make his debut on Friday night. The 33-year-old has been offered a two-year contract with an option for a further 12 months. (Express)

P.S. @SirBalon nearly did it again **, I looked through 9 bloody pages for his name and couldn't see it but I was bloody sure he had been posted before so I checked the first page again and there he was xD

download.png  :dam:**

The funniest part is that it's your thread. xD

• Subscriber
35 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The funniest part is that it's your thread. xD

I know...getmecoat.gif

When I went to type his name in the download.png.269cce01f6d114abfbc034af0db29926.png  box I got as far as Nacho and suddenly underneath it flashed up 'Nacho Monreal - Arsenal >  Real Sociedad' and I stopped and realised I must have typed the whole script once before, phew.

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.5442c02d6721455289153873ef9b2c8e.png

Nacho Monreal: Arsenal defender joins Real Sociedad

Arsenal defender Nacho Monreal has joined La Liga side Real Sociedad on a two-year deal.

The Spain international, 33, has started all three of the Gunners' Premier League games this season and captained the team against Burnley.

He made 250 appearances for Arsenal, scoring 10 goals, after joining the club from Malaga in January 2013.

Manager Unai Emery said on Thursday that the left-back could leave before the European transfer windows shut.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49534587

Archived