talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Nacho Monreal - Signs for Real Sociedad

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Nothing about this makes any sense from a playing perspective. It seems the club decided to cash in given his age. Clearly Tierney is the long-term option but Monreal was a respected squad player and leader. 

Yeah this is a weird one, apparently they are only paying 250k for him as well..? 

Surely we must have struck some sort of deal with Sociedad for this to happen. Some reckon we may have first dibs on certain players now. I can't see why would we sell him for such pittance, no point of taking that little money for him with a year left on his deal. Especially as Tierney is at least a month away. 

Unless there's something in it for us with one of their excellent young players, then this makes no sense at all. He has expenrience, was now the captain and had been with us for a while. One of our better signings from our recent years...  To lose a player in his position with the long hard season we have ahead of us is more than just odd. Like I said, there must be something in there for us.

Was an amazing player for us. Extremely consistent and played different positions without an issue. Brilliant as a left back, left wingback, left sided centre back in a 2 or a 3. Defended well and attacked well. Deserved more credit from people outside of the Arsenal fanbase. He's 33 so I can understand why the move happened especially after bringing in Tierney. Was still playing at a good level for us and hopefully he can continue on with that at Real Sociedad.

3 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Unless there's something in it for us with one of their excellent young players, then this makes no sense at all. He has expenrience, was now the captain and had been with us for a while. One of our better signings from our recent years...  To lose a player in his position with the long hard season we have ahead of us is more than just odd. Like I said, there must be something in there for us.

That's all I can think of, you don't let him go for no real value if we aren't getting something out of it surely? 

Archived