talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Marko Arnautovic - Striker Rules Out Move

• Subscriber

West Ham United have received a bid in excess of £35million for Marko Arnautovic.

The outline offer has been made by a Chinese club and has been rejected out of hand by West Ham.

Senior club sources say they will not allow Arnautovic to leave during the January transfer window – and point out the offer is only around £10million more than they paid for the forward in 2017.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/01/09/west-ham-reject-35m-marko-arnautovic-bid-chinese-club/

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

He's one of those mid table players like Vardy or Zaha who is simply irreplaceable for his side regardless of the money they'd bring in for him. Felipe Anderson has made that less so this season but losing Arnautovic in January would make this season a total write off for West Ham and probably lead to a few more of these incidents in their later home games (which would be hilarious).

• The title was changed to Marko Arnautovic - West Ham Reject Chinese Club's £35m Bid
  • Administrator

Think West Ham would be pretty screwed without him. They only have Carroll and Hernandez as their other strikers (I think?) and they both seem a liability with their fitness and injury records. Can't remember the last time Carroll had a good run of games. Even Arnautovic struggles with injury but at least pretty much delivers whenever he plays. 

• Subscriber

I'm beginning to hope this happens so that we can all enjoy West Ham trying to hijack the Higuain deal, before making an ambitious enquiry about the availability of Edinson Cavani, and finally ending up with Danny Welbeck on loan to the end of the season.

I don't blame him for wanting to make the move tbh. Yes, it's a less competitive league. But he's 29, his career's only got a few more years left in it, and this is a chance to make probably more money than he's ever made in his entire life.

But on the other hand, he's still in his prime so going from one of the best leagues in the world to a developing league would be a bit weird. But also money.

Sell sell sell. It is so transparent that they sell.

Arnautovic has no loyalty to West Ham. He won't give a single fuck about them deep down. He's good for them, but not indispensable.

Let's be honest, if his brother is saying he wants to leave, clearly Arnautovic has given the green light for them to ruffle a few feathers. They must get rid.

In November, Arnautovic's brother came out in the press saying the player was ready to make the 'next step' for a 'bigger club'.

Well, i'm sorry, but if you consider one of those tinpot China teams a step up, you need to give your head a wobble. There is literally no ambition involved there, he is simply a greedy bastard.

• Subscriber

West Ham United manager Manuel Pellegrini has admitted that he would be open to selling striker Marko Arnautovic if the right offer came in for his services, despite the club not wanting to.

Chinese club Shanghai SIPG have held a firm interest in their star asset – so much so that they are willing to triple his current wages of £100,000-a-week  [Spotrac]  with the Hammers – but  Claret and Hugh have reported that the club is not going to offload the Austrian under any circumstances.

However, Pellegrini has taken a different stance to the future of the first-teamer and said that he would consider letting Arnautovic leave if everybody came to the right agreement.

“So they are not forcing me to sell Marko Arnautovic, but I think as a manager the best thing is to take the solution that is best for the player and the club, both together. If they agree, we don’t have any problem to change,” he said, as quoted by the Daily Mail.

“I am not telling the club about it. If it’s a good deal for both parties we will arrange to be without Marko – but the club doesn’t want to sell him.”

https://foreverwestham.com/2019/01/blog-topics/pellegrini-would-sell-arnautovic-if-right-offer-came-in/

• Subscriber

Marko Arnautovic's move to China collapsed on Saturday night after Guangzhou Evergrande pulled out of the proposed £45million deal.

The West Ham striker had been left out of Saturday's 2-0 defeat at Bournemouth after manager Manuel Pellegrini said 'his head was on another issue' and hinted at problems in training by adding: 'A manager must choose the players that work better during the week'.

The 29-year-old Arnautovic had made it clear he wanted to leave after Guangzhou offered £35.2million and wages of £280,000 a week. His brother and agent Danijel released a statement saying 'he wanted to win titles in China'.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6611309/West-Ham-striker-Marko-Arnautovics-45m-China-Guangzhou-pull-out.html

• Subscriber

West Ham will not sell Marko Arnautovic in January... but star can leave in summer

GIUSEPPE MURO - 4 hours ago 

West Ham have told Marko Arnautovic they will allow him to leave in the summer but the club remain determined not to sell in January — even if the striker refuses to play.

Arnautovic was left out of the 2-0 defeat at Bournemouth on Saturday by Manuel Pellegrini but West Ham are adamant the wantaway Austrian will not force through a move to China.

West Ham do not want to lose Arnautovic now because the January window is not a good time to replace him.

The Hammers have told the 29-year-old they will sanction a move for him at the end of the season in a bid to persuade him to stay until then.

Arnautovic, though, has made it clear he wants a move to China, where he could earn £300,000 a week, and West Ham fear the transfer saga could drag on

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/westham/west-ham-transfer-news-marko-arnautovic-will-not-be-sold-in-january-can-leave-summer-a4044596.html

• Subscriber

Marko Arnautovic: West Ham striker to stay despite China offer

West Ham striker Marko Arnautovic says he will stay at the club despite an offer from China.

Arnautovic, 29, was the subject of a £35m bid from a Chinese club, thought to be Shanghai SIPG, with wages of around £200,000 a week on offer.

He was said to have wanted the move but the Austrian international now says he wants to "put a stop" to speculation.

"I want to put offers aside, help the club climb as high as possible in the table and try to win the cup," he said.

West Ham may trigger Gomez release clause

In a lengthy Instagram post, he added: "I guess it's no secret there has been an offer for me and I have to admit the offer was a very tempting one for me and my family.

"I have given 100% to my club duties but I have also needed some time to talk to my club, my wife and the rest of my family. I have now decided to put a stop to all the writings and speculation.

"It is clear that London and West Ham United feels like home for me and I hope the West Ham fans have always seen that.

"Let's focus on the rest of this season together and let those bubbles fly."

West Ham manager Manuel Pellegrini had made clear the club did not want to sell their joint-top scorer this season but conceded the player could leave if the deal was right for all parties.

Arnautovic, who is under contract until 2022, moved to London Stadium from Stoke in 2017 for a then club record £20m after handing in a transfer request at the Potters.

Speculation over his future at the club had increased when he waved to fans after being substituted late on in a win over Arsenal before being left out of the squad for Saturday's defeat at Bournemouth.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47009680

• Administrator

He says he's staying...

https://oddschanger.com/football-news/marko-arnautovic-rules-move-away-west-ham

Marko Arnautovic has ruled out a move away from the London Stadium, insisting West Ham “feels like home”.

Having attracted interested from Chinese Super League big hitters Shanghai SIPG and Guangzhou Evergrande this month, it looks as though the 29-year-old will remain put in East London until the end of the season at least.

It is understood that West Ham rejected a £35 million bid for the former Stoke wide man a fortnight ago [via Sky Sports].

The Hammers have stated they wouldn’t entertain any offers below their £50 million valuation of Arnautovic, but have said that should a respectable offer be submitted by any side wishing to obtain their prized asset then he’d be allowed to leave the club.

Arnautovic however insists that he is fully committed to his current employers, taking to Instagram to reassure fans about his future. He said:

“I guess it’s no secret that there has been an offer for me and I have to admit that the offer was a very tempting one for me and my family.

“I’ve given 100 per cent to my club duties but I have also needed some time to talk to my club, my wife and the rest of my family.

“I have now decided to put a stop to all the writings and speculation. I’m a professional footballer and the only thing I know in life is to play football.

“It’s clear that London and West Ham United feels like home for me and I hope the West Ham fans have always seen that.

“The club has pointed my career in the right direction since I joined and therefore I want to put the offers aside, help the club climb as high as possible in the table and try to win the [FA] Cup.

“Let’s focus on the rest of this season together and let them bubbles fly.”

With eight goals to his name so far, Arnautovic is West Ham’s joint-top scorer this season.

The 29-year-old is undoubtedly the Hammers most creative player and makes a real difference whenever he features; losing him would massively dent Manuel Pellegrini’s chances of obtaining European football next term.

• The title was changed to Marko Arnautovic - Striker Rules Out Move
  • 5 months later...
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Hands in yet another transfer request.

Absolute shithouse. West Ham should dump his sorry pathetic ass.

I don't understand why he makes these public statements about wanting to stay and it feeling like home if he's just going to hand in a transfer request at the start of the window. Makes him look like a dickhead.

• Subscriber
47 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don't understand why he makes these public statements about wanting to stay and it feeling like home if he's just going to hand in a transfer request at the start of the window. Makes him look like a dickhead.

Look like? He clearly is one of those players who's always in it for himself and isn't ashamed about it. There's nothing actually wrong with that because it's his career but he'll never be a club legend anywhere he goes.

To be fair, staying at West Ham to lead the line in a mid table side with high expectations that they're unlikely to deliver on, and an often toxic environment at home games, probably wears thin pretty quickly so I can't blame him for wanting to move on if he's got £200k a week on the table in China. It's not like he's sacrificing European football or the chance at another trophy to stay where he is for a lower wage.

• The topic was locked

Archived