Port Vale vs Cheltenham
Stevenage vs Crawley
Swindon vs Lincoln City

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
14 minutes ago, BounceAroundTheGround said:

Performance of champions that from Leeds last night tbf.

Bielsa's worked wonders with their side.

As expected tbf. That level of quality in a managed with a fairly decent side to start with anyway and I'd have expected playoffs as a bare minimum. 

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

As expected tbf. That level of quality in a managed with a fairly decent side to start with anyway and I'd have expected playoffs as a bare minimum. 

I don't think they've actually got that good of a squad tbf, they've been playing a lot of youngsters this season who have had next to no prior experince of League Football and Bielsa's got them playing to a standard worthy of winning the league.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, BounceAroundTheGround said:

I don't think they've actually got that good of a squad tbf, they've been playing a lot of youngsters this season who have had next to no prior experince of League Football and Bielsa's got them playing to a standard worthy of winning the league.

I think credit has to go to those players stepping up as well as Bielsa for giving them the confidence to do so. 

5 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

We're surely due a blip soon, which might make it difficult. Still the threat of players leaving too, it would be an amazing achievement to get there but ultimately there are several better teams than us.

Yeah, no doubt Bowen is the key man. Has to be generating some serious Premier League interest by now. You do wonder if someone is going to punt on him late in the window.

19 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Yeah, no doubt Bowen is the key man. Has to be generating some serious Premier League interest by now. You do wonder if someone is going to punt on him late in the window.

You were linked with him but Spurs seem to be keen, if he does go I'd hope we could come to an arrangement to keep him until the end of the season. He's not proven at Premier League level and even though he'd only be back up to begin with, being in a Premier League title challenging setup could be too much pressure. On the other hand it could be the absolute making of him, he is a very good player and after I doubted Robertson's ability to perform at the very top level I am not going to say it about another player.

• Subscriber

Massive win for Cambridge at Notts County. They go bottom of the table and we go five clear of the drop zone.

Also worth pointing out Sol Campbell has his 2nd win in 5 games today at Macclesfield which has them off the  bottom of the table and with a significant chance of staying up again, which looked very unlikely a few weeks back. Solid start for him.

We decided to revert back to the tactics we produced in the opening 9 games that had us 3rd and then randomly repeated against WBA and Blackburn and suddenly we looked a very good side again. Pressed high up the pitch, played with a high tempo, passed it about on the floor well and had good movement.

Just hope we keep these tactics for the rest of the season and abandon the ultra defensive, slow, long ball that we had bizarrely used for the past 3 months which saw us plummet down the table. A few key players returning soon, so hopefully things will look better.

Pilkington had a very good debut.

Reece James will become the best right back in the world. The most ridiculously talented teenage defender I've ever seen in football. Chelsea have a special talent on their hands.

Not a game that will live long in the memory but you can't ask for more than a clean sheet and away win. Despite some changes to the team we were solid, well organised and then took our chances when they came. We have conceded the most goals in the league late on in games and its happened a lot to us recently so today's game felt even better to win it late on. Rodwell had his best game in a Rovers shirt while Lenihan and Travis were also excellent. No one expected Nuttall to start but he repaid the faith - he has a lot of talent but his attitude can be questioned at times and he has been too soft in games but there is no doubt the guy scores goals (he's on fire for the Under 23s once again this season). We've had one hell of a run of games in the last 6 weeks but to end it with wins against WBA and Millwall (had won 4 in a row before today) with a draw away against a PL team in-between is fantastic. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived