talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

West Ham 1-0 Arsenal - Saturday 12th January, 2019

football forum

23 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Wenger was part of the problem along with Gazidis look what they have left behind. To be fair Kronke has spent money but has been advised terribly by those 2, not many clubs have a player on 350k a week who doesnt play. Its just a mess until the club has had a huge clear out but players also need to be coming in which is not happening, due to so many shitty players are on ridiculous wages. 

They were which is why is said he needed to go. However the real problem at arsenal is kronke. Until he goes I can't see us making a real title challenge. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Wenger was part of the problem along with Gazidis look what they have left behind. To be fair Kronke has spent money but has been advised terribly by those 2, not many clubs have a player on 350k a week who doesnt play. Its just a mess until the club has had a huge clear out but players also need to be coming in which is not happening, due to so many shitty players are on ridiculous wages. 

Kroenke hasn't put a single penny of his own money into the club.

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Where is the money going to? Wages? 

Cant fathom you lot being the 6th highest earners yet have no money atm. 

Wages is where the club is spending money on, players like Jenkinson are on 62k a week on long contracts.  Its hard to sell those type of players so they just run their contracts down and leave for free which again leaves Arsenal out of pocket.  Wenger and Gazidis are 100% to blame for the clubs affairs. Only thing Kronke is not doing is to pump fresh money into the club to reinvest.  

Wenger had nothing to do with wages, that was Gazidis' job. And going from accusing them of not spending enough to now suggesting they went crazy with spending is very much consistent of what you'd expect with people who have an agenda... Either way, don't think the wages account for the club not wanting to spend money now. The squad is smaller now than a couple of seasons ago and if there's an increase in wages it's probably extremely minor. And our net transfer spend wouldn't be considered that big for a big side. I can't see in what way we'd have to worry about FFP.

36 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Wages is where the club is spending money on, players like Jenkinson are on 62k a week on long contracts.  Its hard to sell those type of players so they just run their contracts down and leave for free which again leaves Arsenal out of pocket.  Wenger and Gazidis are 100% to blame for the clubs affairs. Only thing Kronke is not doing is to pump fresh money into the club to reinvest.  

Kronke is massively to blame. You are still trying to blame everything on Wenger even when he is gone. Hardly any managers in the world would have been so loyal to arsenal. You seem to have a real sense of entitlement with arsenal

2 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Wenger had nothing to do with wages, that was Gazidis' job. And going from accusing them of not spending enough to now suggesting they went crazy with spending is very much consistent of what you'd expect with people who have an agenda... Either way, don't think the wages account for the club not wanting to spend money now. The squad is smaller now than a couple of seasons ago and if there's an increase in wages it's probably extremely minor. And our net transfer spend wouldn't be considered that big for a big side. I can't see in what way we'd have to worry about FFP.

As I said the main issue is clearly kronke. Did Wenger need to go? Yes. Will we win the league with kronke running the club the way he is. Absolutely not. Not a coach in the world could turn arsenal into a top club the way kronke runs us

4 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Guess it wasn't all Wenger's fault. If I were you I'd be like I told you so. Because to be fair you were the only one who did

Wenger was stubborn at times that was part of his problem but he definitely wasn't the main problem. It's a jokevyhat Arsenal season tickets are so expensive and that they make money than most and yet they spend next to nothing. They need a top drawer centre half someone like Koulibaly would be great for them if they went out and got him and Dembele from Barcelona that would be 2 excellent signings which would give them a much better chance of the top 4. Emery should have played Ozil today you have to play Ozil in games like todays match Arsenal lack creativity without him no Torreira which was a strange decision to.

• The topic was unpinned

Some of the football West Ham play at times, absolutely class. Very capable of one touch stuff that could cut most sides in this division open. Pellegrini building a very good side and I think Nasri will turn out to be a good addition even if he is getting on. Obviously they need to keep Arnautovic.

If they carry on like this then we could be starting to see a side that will contend for places in the top 6 over the next couple of years, as long as they don't start losing key players.

45 minutes ago, Kyletoonfan said:

Wenger was stubborn at times that was part of his problem but he definitely wasn't the main problem. It's a jokevyhat Arsenal season tickets are so expensive and that they make money than most and yet they spend next to nothing. They need a top drawer centre half someone like Koulibaly would be great for them if they went out and got him and Dembele from Barcelona that would be 2 excellent signings which would give them a much better chance of the top 4. Emery should have played Ozil today you have to play Ozil in games like todays match Arsenal lack creativity without him no Torreira which was a strange decision to.

I don't know why he didn't play them perhaps Emery felt they weren't match fit. 

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

Some of the football West Ham play at times, absolutely class. Very capable of one touch stuff that could cut most sides in this division open. Pellegrini building a very good side and I think Nasri will turn out to be a good addition even if he is getting on. Obviously they need to keep Arnautovic.

If they carry on like this then we could be starting to see a side that will contend for places in the top 6 over the next couple of years, as long as they don't start losing key players.

They could easily challenge for the top 6 if they keep their best players and add to it in the summer. They have a big injury list to. Valbuena and Lanzini amongst others being out. Vital they keep hold of Arnautovic as you say he's a top player along with Anderson he is one of the signings of the season great chance of 7th this season.

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I don't know why he didn't play them perhaps Emery felt they weren't match fit. 

Maybe but playing games get you match fit that's the best way I would say. Ozil is by far your most creative. Lacazzete started really well but faded a bit like Arsenal as you looked dangerous in the first quarter.

Just now, Kyletoonfan said:

They could easily challenge for the top 6 if they keep their best players and add to it in the summer. They have a big injury list to. Valbuena and Lanzini amongst others being out. Vital they keep hold of Arnautovic as you say he's a top player along with Anderson he is one of the signings of the season great chance of 7th this season.

I'd be very surprised if they broke in the top 6. I think they could become a consistent 7th if they keep Pellegrini bit can only see the gap getting bigger between the top 6 and the rest to be honest

4 minutes ago, Kyletoonfan said:

Maybe but playing games get you match fit that's the best way I would say. Ozil is by far your most creative. Lacazzete started really well but faded a bit like Arsenal as you looked dangerous in the first quarter.

True but Emery has to think about the now. Ozil can be very inconsistent if he isn't match fit it can be like playing with ten men. Personally I'm one of those people that tends to trust the manager has his reasons and that is enough for me.

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

I'd be very surprised if they broke in the top 6. I think they could become a consistent 7th if they keep Pellegrini bit can only see the gap getting bigger between the top 6 and the rest to be honest

No chance this season but you never know what could happen in future seasons they have an excellent looking side their manager is doing a great job after a tough start. He has had to contend with lots of injuries to. I'm not going to back them for top 6 but with the right investment you never know they have a chance if they get it right like they did last summer diop is some player to I'm a big fan of Makauasu. Noble did well again today. Yarmolenko has been a big miss injury wise to another quality player missing.

6 minutes ago, Kyletoonfan said:

Lanzini was a vital player at Upton Park, if they can get him fit and back to 100% then their midfield just gets so much stronger. Like you say they've got  alot of quality already to come back.

I'm not sure if Pellegrini is in charge of transfers or if someone else is but since he's come in they've made some very shrewd moves even if they've paid out a bit. I don't think anyone will come in for Anderson for a while as he'll be so expensive to sign.

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

True but Emery has to think about the now. Ozil can be very inconsistent if he isn't match fit it can be like playing with ten men. Personally I'm one of those people that tends to trust the manager has his reasons and that is enough for me.

I don't mind you trusting the manager he has made a lot of good tactical subs and formation changes however I would play him most games against none top 6 sides he doesn't track back much which is why I wouldn't have him in against the top sides but against the rest I would play him especially if he's fit your best and most creative player by a distance.

2 minutes ago, Kyletoonfan said:

No chance this season but you never know what could happen in future seasons they have an excellent looking side their manager is doing a great job after a tough start. He has had to contend with lots of injuries to. I'm not going to back them for top 6 but with the right investment you never know they have a chance if they get it right like they did last summer diop is some player to I'm a big fan of Makauasu. Noble did well again today. Yarmolenko has been a big miss injury wise to another quality player missing.

Maybe. To think some fans wanted to sack Pellegrini after the first few games. I think they can definitely be the best of the rest but not sure if they have the finances to get in the top 6. Maybe sometimes but regularly will be hard

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Kyletoonfan said:

They could easily challenge for the top 6 if they keep their best players and add to it in the summer.

I find it difficult to believe that anyone outside the top 6 can 'easily challenge' to break the glass ceiling. There's too much inconsistency.

West Ham have a perennial habit of winning a few games then going on a bit of a bad patch or losing that momentum. Just like most other teams in 'trying to be best of the rest' category.

Just now, Stan said:

I find it difficult to believe that anyone outside the top 6 can 'easily challenge' to break the glass ceiling. There's too much inconsistency.

West Ham have a perennial habit of winning a few games then going on a bit of a bad patch or losing that momentum. Just like most other teams in 'trying to be best of the rest' category.

Well to be fair you did alright a few seasons ago :ph34r:

12 minutes ago, Stan said:

Maybe I shouldn't have said easily of course it won't be easy they are ahead currently squad wise and consistency wise. They would have to spend well and bring in top quality again like they did last summer need some luck in terms of injuries to. Have to keep there best players it's tough of course it will be it's doable though but I agree with you right now finishing 7th then backing that up with 7th again that would be more realistic no harm in going for it though and aiming high and trying to get in the 6. They'll have to be more consistent got to have less bad days like the 2-0 loss at Burnley and it could have been 4 or 5 most improve on performances like that.

16 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Well to be fair you did alright a few seasons ago :ph34r:

They had some brilliant scouts think Steve Walsh should take a lot of credit for that some right gems Fuchs Vardy Mahrez and Kante they were brilliant and gained in confidence and momentum. Leicester were brilliant but the top sides were definitely on too form that season they were quite poor by their high standards plus their squads are even stronger than what it was then.

23 minutes ago, Danny said:

Lanzini was a vital player at Upton Park, if they can get him fit and back to 100% then their midfield just gets so much stronger. Like you say they've got  alot of quality already to come back.

I'm not sure if Pellegrini is in charge of transfers or if someone else is but since he's come in they've made some very shrewd moves even if they've paid out a bit. I don't think anyone will come in for Anderson for a while as he'll be so expensive to sign.

They do have a lot of quality to come back. Lanzini will feel like a new signing. He will cost a lot will Anderson he's been superb since he joined West Ham. With a few top signings they can have another excellent campaign next year. Vital they keep hold of Arnautovic.

37 minutes ago, Kyletoonfan said:

They had some brilliant scouts think Steve Walsh should take a lot of credit for that some right gems Fuchs Vardy Mahrez and Kante they were brilliant and gained in confidence and momentum. Leicester were brilliant but the top sides were definitely on too form that season they were quite poor by their high standards plus their squads are even stronger than what it was then.

It was definitely a season where the big sides underperformed.  Was still pretty special though.

Archived