talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - Saturday 12th January, 2019

football forum

• Subscriber

Valery sent off for Saints who lead 1-0 at Leicester.

If Leicester can't get something out of the game this last month then Puel's time at Leicester has reached peak Puel.

And LOL as I type that's 2-0 to Southampton.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

So I went looking to see if it was a record and found this.

Assists[edit]

Players currently playing in the Premier League are highlighted in bold.

Most assists (career)
Rank Player Assists
1 Wales Ryan Giggs 162
2 Spain Cesc Fàbregas 111
3 England Wayne Rooney 103
4 England Frank Lampard 102
5 Netherlands Dennis Bergkamp 94
6 England Steven Gerrard 92
7 England David Beckham 80
England James Milner
9 Spain David Silva 77
10 England Teddy Sheringham 76

Holy shit is that some amount of assists

What does this have to do with own goals?

Brighton defending well. Tough to break down. Struggling to get Salah into the game and our right side isn’t linking up as smooth as the left. Hendo has looked quite flat footed tonight and a bit like his job is done the moment he lays of the pass.

really hope we can find a way through in the second half or I will be gutted to see our lead on city evaporate....

16 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Well we are utter shite. Lucky to be 0-0 in all honesty. With results going against us at present (especially Leicester being 2-0 down to 10 men), we need a massive kick up the arse.

At the same time, the ref has been fucking awful. Pretty much giving us nothing.

How has Hoilett been for you this season?

I've never had a big interest for the Canadian National Team but Hoilett has always had issues playing for them. It's not until recently that he's really gotten consistent starts. Kind of like Carlos Vela with Mexico a few years back. 

Salah consistently gets away with diving like Kane does. Shit dives too. We even try to go down and we get booked. Liverpool and Tottenham don't get called out on it either. Media darling bastards.

10 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Salah consistently gets away with diving like Kane does. Shit dives too. We even try to go down and we get booked. Liverpool and Tottenham don't get called out on it either. Media darling bastards.

What are you talking about? It was as clear as penalty. 

BBC absolutely desperate for Brighton to score, no coincide they're based in salford.

• Subscriber

Not the best we could have done today but it will do. A win puts us 7 ahead and puts some pressure on City to keep pace. I am honestly more glad we didn't come away from this with anything worse (in terms of injuries) than we did because at one point I thought Knockaert was going to have a go at everyone.

20 minutes ago, 6666 said:

You taking the piss?!

7 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

It was one of those games where we were not that good, but the opposition never looked like causing us any trouble. 

Except when Keita coughed up the ball in the 90th minute...

Solid battling game. I'm starting to like 1-0 wins. Establish that pattern of result long enough and your opposition will learn to give up the moment they concede...

• Administrator
13 hours ago, Dan said:

Southampton missing Ings, Austin, Bertrand and Hobjberg tomorrow. Really is beyond parody if we fuck up what should be yet another bread and butter home game.

9 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Shane Long's first goal of the season incoming then? xD

9 hours ago, Stan said:

Bet your house on it mate. 

The most predictable thing ever. 

That was on a par with the Cardiff result for me. 

As @RandoEFC said, peak Puel but two clumsy Mendy mishaps led to that defeat. Terrible. 

I feel bad for Puel. I don't think he's deserving of the sack, especially not when you look at some of his results recently, no way. And he was harshly dealt with at Southampton. There are plenty of managers who have been far worse and escaped the sack by the skin of their teeth.

But this is one of those situations where the Leicester fans are never going to love him. They are never going to hold a place for him in their hearts and therefore, he'll be continually fighting a losing battle. As he was at Southampton.

If the mood around the place is really that bleak, they may as well do the inevitable and act now so a new man has half a season to work towards for the start of next.

32 minutes ago, Pep Talk said:

Soft pen but pressure back on for Monday 

I'm amazed that people think it's soft when he's not only had his legs taken but is also pulled back just before he's about to shoot. There shouldn't even be a debate

• The topic was unpinned

Archived