• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 0-1 Man Utd - Sunday 13th January, 2019

football forum

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

De Gea has been immense today. We could look back at the pass from Pogba and the superb Rashford run but the goalkeeper is the man of the night. Spurs did everything they could and in the end it really wasn't enough.

• Subscriber

Rode their luck a bit but can't expect much more from this United side in an away game.

Spurs had no business losing that. On another day with those chances they win 3-1, partly poor finishing, partly a very good display from De Gea who is Man of the Match.

Tottenham have lost at home to Man City, Liverpool, Wolves and Man United now. Thats the cost of not having a proper home ground. Nine points off the top and still have to go to the Etihad and Anfield. You'd expect that's the end of their title talk again. In fact theyre only one ahead of Chelsea now.

big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big result that

27 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

He is a part of the team. The goalkeeper playing well isn't a bad thing. 

Not my point. It's the narrative the media will inevitably go for. United are back. Context ignored. Mourinho won games with De Gea saving his arse also. 

We've seen a similar thing when the media labled us as title contenders given we were the only unbeaten team in Europe. We laughed at the suggestion given we scraped games. Arsenal too a d their whole unbeaten since August nonsense. They were winning games they were supposed to. 

• Subscriber

Ugh only got ourselves to blame. Absolutely battered them second half, chance after chance, have to do so much better than that.

United exactly the same as Jose, keep it tight and try and play on the counter. Only difference is that it has worked to perfection  today and they’ve got what they wanted

Get us away From Wembley. Nothing more frustrating than failing to score like that, losing the game and then having to get away from here. 

13 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Rode their luck a bit but can't expect much more from this United side in an away game.

Spurs had no business losing that. On another day with those chances they win 3-1, partly poor finishing, partly a very good display from De Gea who is Man of the Match.

Tottenham have lost at home to Man City, Liverpool, Wolves and Man United now. Thats the cost of not having a proper home ground. Nine points off the top and still have to go to the Etihad and Anfield. You'd expect that's the end of their title talk again. In fact theyre only one ahead of Chelsea now.

I do think there’s something about Wembley that in some sides brings out a cup final type of feel that motivates some sides a bit.

Big win for United though and playing well against a good side. Spurs fucked themselves with poor finishing. Hurts them in the title race.

7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Not my point. It's the narrative the media will inevitably go for. United are back. Context ignored. Mourinho won games with De Gea saving his arse also. 

We've seen a similar thing when the media labled us as title contenders given we were the only unbeaten team in Europe. We laughed at the suggestion given we scraped games. Arsenal too a d their whole unbeaten since August nonsense. They were winning games they were supposed to. 

They've won 6 games on the bounce, beating one of the best teams in the league away from home. They deserve the plaudits they are getting. They are clearly back in the running for 4th place, I'm not sure what else they have to do to be 'back'. 

11 minutes ago, Cicero said:

They have won all those games they were suppose to win comfortably and today won dirty which is what you have to do sometimes

14 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

They've won 6 games on the bounce, beating one of the best teams in the league away from home. They deserve the plaudits they are getting. They are clearly back in the running for 4th place, I'm not sure what else they have to do to be 'back'. 

10 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

They have won all those games they were suppose to win comfortably and today won dirty which is what you have to do sometimes

And yet, it took 8 missed chances on net for Spurs to completely shift the narritive. 

For a team supposedly back, I can't buy into that. Not yet anyway 

4 minutes ago, José said:

To each their own. All I know you and that Kyle dude got exposed on this thread by Don Teso. :ay:

How did you work that out?

• The title was changed to Tottenham 0-1 Man Utd - Sunday 13th January, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived