• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 0-1 Man Utd - Sunday 13th January, 2019

football forum

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Dont think rashford has show anything to suggest he's worth basing a team around yet, pogba is the one to base the side around going forward. 

Not consistent enough yet, but ridiculously talented.

I agree with you on Pogba, there's a world class player inside of him that just needs the right manager.

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Jenas comparing the Pogba challenge on Alli to the Shelvey one last week. Fuck off you utter prick.

What's the difference? Can't believe Dean missed that. (Well I can cause he's shite)

Certain red

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Danny said:

United really need to capitalise on having Rashford and De Gea. I know Rashford hasn't been consistent, but when he's on he produces moments of absolute world class that no keeper is saving. Whether it's a screamer or like today, a chance most strikers would have struggled to get past the keepers legs. And then to still have De Gea at the back who essentially saves them about 10 points minimum each season, there's a basis for a great team. They just need to invest wisely which hasn't been their strongest talent in recent years.

I don't think Spurs need to worry about that result, United are in a honeymoon period and would probably have done that to any team in the division.

United didn't do anything though. We've only got ourselves to blame for this one.

So annoyed about the result, but not the performance, created enough clear cut opportunities to win two games.

I am worried about injuries though. Kane is in a bad way. Son is now off to Asia. Sissoko went off having been overplayed over the last two months. We're in a bit of trouble on that front.

Wembley is a complete disaster. Just lucky our away form is exceptional

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Storts said:

United didn't do anything though. We've only got ourselves to blame for this one.

So annoyed about the result, but not the performance, created enough clear cut opportunities to win two games.

I am worried about injuries though. Kane is in a bad way. Son is now off to Asia. Sissoko went off having been overplayed over the last two months. We're in a bit of trouble on that front.

What happened with Kane? 

• The title was changed to Tottenham 0-1 Man Utd - Sunday 13th January, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned
15 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Jenas comparing the Pogba challenge on Alli to the Shelvey one last week. Fuck off you utter prick.

It's Jermaine Jenas mate. Talks a load of broken biscuits.

Remember, this is the same Jenas close to tears when Spurs were smashed in the cup semi against Chelsea a few years ago. Shearer completely owns him.

7 hours ago, Storts said:

That’s what I mean though, it just came off for them even though you should have won by about 3-4 goals.

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Danny said:

The geezer won a World Cup, what happened under Mourinho is just indicative of football in general. It’s happened everywhere and for years.

It's hard to swallow when it starts to bleed into your club for the first time though. Like for us, under Moyes there was never any question of players downing tools and waiting for the manager to get sacked because it just wouldn't happen. Under Martinez it took about a full year of shite before it happened to our players, then the time got shorter for Koeman, Unsworth, less so with Allardyce. Now we've just become another club where sacking the manager is a likely option and so the players can get away with it. I can't think of many clubs left where this isn't the case but it doesn't make it any easier to accept as fans when you've seen the attitude of the players on the pitch decline so markedly in the last 5 years or so.

Same thing at United. After two decades of the manager enjoying unquestioned authority and the players knowing that if they didn't perform it'd be them who'd get the boot, now you get a couple of manager sackings, the players know it's an option for the manager to get blamed instead so the likelihood of you seeing players down tools and just waiting for the next one is higher. Sickener for the fans because they know that the players having to have such high expectations for themselves under a manager like Fergie was one of the key factors behind the club's success for such a long time, and what distinguished them from the likes of Chelsea who let the player power and trigger happy board become an issue several seasons before.

50 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

It's hard to swallow when it starts to bleed into your club for the first time though. Like for us, under Moyes there was never any question of players downing tools and waiting for the manager to get sacked because it just wouldn't happen. Under Martinez it took about a full year of shite before it happened to our players, then the time got shorter for Koeman, Unsworth, less so with Allardyce. Now we've just become another club where sacking the manager is a likely option and so the players can get away with it. I can't think of many clubs left where this isn't the case but it doesn't make it any easier to accept as fans when you've seen the attitude of the players on the pitch decline so markedly in the last 5 years or so.

Same thing at United. After two decades of the manager enjoying unquestioned authority and the players knowing that if they didn't perform it'd be them who'd get the boot, now you get a couple of manager sackings, the players know it's an option for the manager to get blamed instead so the likelihood of you seeing players down tools and just waiting for the next one is higher. Sickener for the fans because they know that the players having to have such high expectations for themselves under a manager like Fergie was one of the key factors behind the club's success for such a long time, and what distinguished them from the likes of Chelsea who let the player power and trigger happy board become an issue several seasons before.

I completely get that and I don’t agree with it when it happens, but because of Pogba’s price tag and apparently his haircuts and dance moves he’s made a scapegoat for the entire team.

13 minutes ago, Danny said:

I completely get that and I don’t agree with it when it happens, but because of Pogba’s price tag and apparently his haircuts and dance moves he’s made a scapegoat for the entire team.

Pogba has a lot of talent he should be doing better. If I was a professional player playing for a team like Manchester United if I was out of form I wouldn't be doing the social media antics. It didn't bother me but dieing your hair blue and white just before a Manchester derby that's poor on his part. Lucky for him he got 2 in a 5 minute spell and they came back and won. He didn't help himself with a lot of stuff. When they played Wolves he had the ball then lost it which can happen to all players but he struts around and throws his hands in the air. Top players would track back and try and win the ball back. 

Look at the top City players have they are amazing on the ball but when they lose the ball they hound the opposition they all press and try and win the ball back they often win the ball back quickly to. As I say Pogba doesn't help himself. To post a tweet a few minutes after Jose was sacked that's a cunts trick he comes across as not a nice guy he doesn't dominate big matches enough. He has to do it much more consistently if he's ever going to be regarded as world class.

59 minutes ago, Kyletoonfan said:

Pogba has a lot of talent he should be doing better. If I was a professional player playing for a team like Manchester United if I was out of form I wouldn't be doing the social media antics. It didn't bother me but dieing your hair blue and white just before a Manchester derby that's poor on his part. Lucky for him he got 2 in a 5 minute spell and they came back and won. He didn't help himself with a lot of stuff. When they played Wolves he had the ball then lost it which can happen to all players but he struts around and throws his hands in the air. Top players would track back and try and win the ball back. 

Look at the top City players have they are amazing on the ball but when they lose the ball they hound the opposition they all press and try and win the ball back they often win the ball back quickly to. As I say Pogba doesn't help himself. To post a tweet a few minutes after Jose was sacked that's a cunts trick he comes across as not a nice guy he doesn't dominate big matches enough. He has to do it much more consistently if he's ever going to be regarded as world class.

It’s irrelevant what you’d do with social media, you’ve not been in an industry almost akin to the entertainment industry since you were a child.

I’m not saying he’s above criticism, he’s been very inconsistent at United. But he is a scapegoat for some.

Top City players managed by Pep Guardiola....poor comparison.

He didn’t post the picture, his social media team will have posted it and they’d have posted it in line with their timings to reach a peak global audience.

1 hour ago, Danny said:

It’s irrelevant what you’d do with social media, you’ve not been in an industry almost akin to the entertainment industry since you were a child.

I’m not saying he’s above criticism, he’s been very inconsistent at United. But he is a scapegoat for some.

Top City players managed by Pep Guardiola....poor comparison.

He didn’t post the picture, his social media team will have posted it and they’d have posted it in line with their timings to reach a peak global audience.

I'm sure he would have had a say in it. You cannot be telling me they would have done it and he would have known nothing about it of course he would. The coward was quick to delete it and he did that because he was wrong and he knew it. 

He's been very poor at United I would hardly say he's been made a scape goat others have had a lot of criticism Alexis Martial their defence Matic lots of critisism for lots of them Lukaku this season. Yes yes going to get a fair bit though he's meant to be a star player signed for huge money to help take them to the next level in most big matches he hasn't been doing it so the critisism has been fully merited. It isn't irrelevant what you do with social media you have to be careful what you say or do these are premier league footballers you cannot just do things willy knily got to be professional role models for a lot of kids to.  I know these are young lads so they are going to make the odd mistake well most will but you do have to be careful what you post. 

22 minutes ago, Kyletoonfan said:

I'm sure he would have had a say in it. You cannot be telling me they would have done it and he would have known nothing about it of course he would. The coward was quick to delete it and he did that because he was wrong and he knew it. 

He's been very poor at United I would hardly say he's been made a scape goat others have had a lot of criticism Alexis Martial their defence Matic lots of critisism for lots of them Lukaku this season. Yes yes going to get a fair bit though he's meant to be a star player signed for huge money to help take them to the next level in most big matches he hasn't been doing it so the critisism has been fully merited. It isn't irrelevant what you do with social media you have to be careful what you say or do these are premier league footballers you cannot just do things willy knily got to be professional role models for a lot of kids to.  I know these are young lads so they are going to make the odd mistake well most will but you do have to be careful what you post. 

He will have a social media team working with Adidas or whoever he’s with who put promotional posts out for him, they’re done at specific times as to reach as many people as possible around the world. He would not have needed to be aware the post was going out, obviously someone clocked on and it was deleted. Paul Pogba the athlete and footballer has social media, Paul Pogba the person won’t be posting or be around people posting every promotional picture.

14 hours ago, Danny said:

He will have a social media team working with Adidas or whoever he’s with who put promotional posts out for him, they’re done at specific times as to reach as many people as possible around the world. He would not have needed to be aware the post was going out, obviously someone clocked on and it was deleted. Paul Pogba the athlete and footballer has social media, Paul Pogba the person won’t be posting or be around people posting every promotional picture.

I'm pretty sure he will be posting he may have a team around him but he will  be tweeting himself and he would have either done that himself or known about it. It was a spiteful comment and unnecessary. Most footballers on Twitter in fact probably all when they post on Twitter it's them commenting Pogba will be the same 

Kleberson won the World Cup and he was dogshit at United too, just like Pogba. I really don't see why being part of a World Cup winning side, especially modern sides when World Cups are absolute shite, would be an indicator of how good a player is over a period of, say, two and a half years where Pogba has been bang average at best and that is being very kind.

World class players perform to a high level every week. Pogba most definitely doesn't fit that category by any stretch.

Don't get me wrong, if he performs as he has been for the rest of the season, week in and week out, I'd reluctantly accept that he has paid his penance and judge him from what he does in the future but I have zero faith in him doing that and expect him to be the same Pogba who downs tools, can't be arsed, is more interested in Instagram than football and who is too fragile and weak mentally to be any sort of leader on or off the pitch. He is exactly the sort of player who is signed to excite daft Yank cheerleaders who have never stepped a foot inside Old Trafford in their lives (and when you consider who our owners are, who is shocked?)

2 hours ago, Kyletoonfan said:

I'm pretty sure he will be posting he may have a team around him but he will  be tweeting himself and he would have either done that himself or known about it. It was a spiteful comment and unnecessary. Most footballers on Twitter in fact probably all when they post on Twitter it's them commenting Pogba will be the same 

Yes he will have access to his social media, but he won’t be posting promotional pieces from his sponsors. That will be his sponsors. There’s no way they won’t have it in his contract that they can’t have access to all social media platforms for when they should need to post something.

1 hour ago, Salford Kel said:

Kleberson won the World Cup and he was dogshit at United too, just like Pogba. I really don't see why being part of a World Cup winning side, especially modern sides when World Cups are absolute shite, would be an indicator of how good a player is over a period of, say, two and a half years where Pogba has been bang average at best and that is being very kind.

World class players perform to a high level every week. Pogba most definitely doesn't fit that category by any stretch.

Don't get me wrong, if he performs as he has been for the rest of the season, week in and week out, I'd reluctantly accept that he has paid his penance and judge him from what he does in the future but I have zero faith in him doing that and expect him to be the same Pogba who downs tools, can't be arsed, is more interested in Instagram than football and who is too fragile and weak mentally to be any sort of leader on or off the pitch. He is exactly the sort of player who is signed to excite daft Yank cheerleaders who have never stepped a foot inside Old Trafford in their lives (and when you consider who our owners are, who is shocked?)

Pogba played well for France in the World Cup, Kleberson is a mad comparison.

On 14/01/2019 at 13:45, Storts said:

What's the difference? Can't believe Dean missed that. (Well I can cause he's shite)

Certain red

One was a player literally trying to ‘do’ another one. The other was a poor challenge executed whilst trying to play the ball. Should it have been a red? Possibly, but the challenges are worlds apart.

Archived