talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 0-1 Man Utd - Sunday 13th January, 2019

football forum

Just now, Cicero said:

And yet, it took 8 missed chances on net for Spurs to completely shift the narritive. 

For a team supposedly back, I can't buy into that. 

They still won. Which is what matters

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Right. And if they start losing games after this, they can look back at this game and see why. 

Don’t bother mate. Some people are too simple

Fair play though, they grabbed a goal on the counter, sat back the rest of the game, time wasting at every opportunity and let their outstanding goalkeeper make save after save to keep the lead. Glad they’ve moved on from Mourinho 

Just now, Cicero said:

Right. And if they start losing games after this, they can look back at this game and see why. 

I haven't seen the game but from what I gathered utd were better in the first half spurs in the second. Winning at spurs is very hard to do and so utd and ole deserve credit even if spurs missed a lot of chances. 

2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I haven't seen the game but from what I gathered utd were better in the first half spurs in the second. Winning at spurs is very hard to do and so utd and ole deserve credit even if spurs missed a lot of chances. 

You gathered wrong 

6 minutes ago, Storts said:

Don’t bother mate. Some people are too simple

Fair play though, they grabbed a goal on the counter, sat back the rest of the game, time wasting at every opportunity and let their outstanding goalkeeper make save after save to keep the lead. Glad they’ve moved on from Mourinho 

Its not about being simple. There are teams which opposition teams always seem to miss a lot of chances against. To many to be a coincidence. Sometimes they are doing just enough to put them of. There are other times when a team just a bad game up front. Maybe that happened to you today I don't know. If you had had a really poor game people would credit utd they wouldn't say well utd won but spurs weren't at  their best. But because you missed a lot of chances utd are called lucky

Spurs are man for man a better side than Manchester United at the moment, they lack the ability to keep Tottenham quiet all game. Their keeper made saves, or you can spin it is as bad finishing but either way it's not something to beat Manchester United with. They're not going to be competing for any titles with this team, or manager but they can give 4th a good go.

3 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Spurs are man for man a better side than Manchester United at the moment, they lack the ability to keep Tottenham quiet all game. Their keeper made saves, or you can spin it is as bad finishing but either way it's not something to beat Manchester United with. They're not going to be competing for any titles with this team, or manager but they can give 4th a good go.

I disagree about Ole. Its to early to write him of or say if he is good enough. He can't really have done any better to be honest so far

• The title was changed to Tottenham 1-0 Man Utd - Sunday 13th January, 2019

The first 20 minutes United looked a constant threat and were getting either in behind Spurs or almost getting in behind them to much. Tottenham started to control the game more the longer the half went but threat was always there. 

I'm a bit surprised Sanchez never played due to his pace and United have bags of that in attack. Much better again from Pogba and a great pass for the goal great finish from Rashford to. Maybe for the goal Lloris could have done better I've  been more impressed by Gazzaniga this season than Lloris though obviously Lloris has played a lot more games he made a couple of very good saves though in the 2nd half to be fair to him. 

Spurs were brilliant 2nd half they did everything but take their chances. Kane has been superb all season he wasn't clinical today neither was Ali he had to score when through on goal. It's a costly day for with the defeat now being without Son and maybe losing Sissoko and Kane for a while horrible day for Tottenham.

Lingard and Rashford weŕe excellent De Gea superb throughout. Lindelof defended well today to. United were a little lucky not to concede a penalty at 0-0 I think it was Jones with a pull on the Spurs mans shirt at the corner. It was quite blatant obviously Mike Dean never saw it.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Spurs have the worst home record of the top 6. The difference between challenging for the title and not.

2 minutes ago, shut up said:

where have you heard that? swear it was one of the best a couple of months back?

It's true.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/competition:premier-league/form/matches:13/type:home/

Only due to Man Utd's win today which took them clear of Spurs; they were level before the win.

17 minutes ago, Dan said:

Assume Manchester United's team will be known as snakes forever, or that may only apply in certain cases.

Man Utd are snakes and should be ashamed of what they did to that sweet man. They need to acknowledge their wrongdoing and reinstate Mourinho immediately. 

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Seeing a lot of people say now De Gea is the best goalkeeper in history ffs.

He's brilliant but he's still got a long career left. 

Still a long way before he can be better than Ospina.

United really need to capitalise on having Rashford and De Gea. I know Rashford hasn't been consistent, but when he's on he produces moments of absolute world class that no keeper is saving. Whether it's a screamer or like today, a chance most strikers would have struggled to get past the keepers legs. And then to still have De Gea at the back who essentially saves them about 10 points minimum each season, there's a basis for a great team. They just need to invest wisely which hasn't been their strongest talent in recent years.

I don't think Spurs need to worry about that result, United are in a honeymoon period and would probably have done that to any team in the division.

• The title was changed to Tottenham 0-1 Man Utd - Sunday 13th January, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived