talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City 3-0 Wolves - Monday 14th January, 2019

football forum

It is harsh but the game has changed rightly or wrongly, and that challenge is in the dangerous category these days.

I also think ref's have had the seed planted in their head about protecting players from dangerous challenges from the likes of Pep himself, whose been so vociferous about it previously.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Didn't see as I was getting dinner out of the oven. Penalty or not as soon as that red card came out this was always going to be routine for City.

Jesus absolutely laughing getting to play in this City team against Rotherham and Burton, then getting an open goal and a penalty tonight. Making his numbers look at least moderate for the season just in the space of 10 days.

• Administrator

Wolves did well to hold their own and not let it turn in to a rout. Damage limitation tactics and took a fortunate goal for Man City to get their 3rd.

The sending off changed the game as I'm surr Wolves would have given them a much tougher test if it was 11 men each. 

In this day and age it's 100 percent a red card. However back in the 90s it would have been a free kick at worst. Whilst I never want us to go back to the 80s football is far to soft these days.

It'll be a none contact sport before long if it keeps going at this rate. Clear penalty to. Wolves defended well for long periods to keep it at 3. However of course City eased off and played within themselves in the 2nd half I'm surprised at that as goal difference good be crucial come the end of the season.

6 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Yep, non event since the red card.

It was I was bored watching the 2nd half nodded off at 1 point to. Wolves did well to limit the damage but City weren't going full all out for goals which I'm a little surprised at goal difference could be vital at the end of the season.

• The title was changed to Man City 3-0 Wolves - Monday 14th January, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Missed opportunity IMO for City. Opponents with 10 men and only one goal in the 2nd half. Perhaps should have looked to be more clinical.

Goal difference could be crucial at the end of the day and as it stands, they are two clear.

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

Missed opportunity IMO for City. Opponents with 10 men and only one goal in the 2nd half. Perhaps should have looked to be more clinical.

Goal difference could be crucial at the end of the day and as it stands, they are two clear.

Totally agree and said that above. Against 10 men I thought they would have kicked on and won by 5 or 6. They definitely played within themselves in the 2nd half. De Bruyne made a difference when he came on and did well. 

5 hours ago, Lucas said:

We got a lot of stick for the way we embarrassed Burton  ..never really got out of 1st gear tonight and will get stick for not going for 6  ..sometimes you cant win xD

4 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

We got a lot of stick for the way we embarrassed Burton  ..never really got out of 1st gear tonight and will get stick for not going for 6  ..sometimes you cant win xD

With a doggy red and a dodgy pen you didn't need to get out of first gear did you know? :bye:

Archived