talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wednesday 19th April - Barcelona (0) 0-0 (3) Juventus

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Luis Suarez said:

I used to be all about "El Clasico", but I gotta say this season's Champions League has overshadowed anything and everything else (the fact that we didn't capitalize in La Liga matches didn't help). 

Incidentally, El Clasico is on St Jordi's Day this year :-) Anyone know how to say: "A Rose for Love and a Book Forever this St Jordi's Day" in Catalan and Castilian? Thanks in advance.

Does anyone think that Barca can comeback next Tuesday at the Camp Nou? No "Uefalona" conspiracy theories, please. I'm interested in hearing whether anyone GENUINELY thinks we can comeback against the Old Lady.

Per the UEFA Rankings, PSG is #6. Juve is #5. 

The Italians are going to play their catenaccio, yes, but

Camp Nou is a different animal.

For some reason I keep thinking back to the Chelsea 2012 Champions League winning campaign when all the stars kept aligning for them in the CL even when they didn't do too well in the domestic league. Hoping we do a "Chelsea 2012" (yes, I know, ironically enough) in the Champions League.

It might be heretical to say this but the CL is in some ways EASIER to win than La Liga. PROPORTIONALLY, a team can lose more games in the CL and still win it. There's less of a margin of error in La Liga where consistency is key.

By this very definition, FC Barcelona has been BY FAR the very best team in Europe these past 10+ years (8 times Champions of Spain in 12 years)

It's well established that La Liga has been (by far) the toughest/best league in Europe for the past 5 years, at least. La Liga has the toughest strength of schedule. 

Serie A is no La Liga:  I'm not convinced our Champions League campaign ends just yet.

This is the wrong thread for this debate but I'll give my opinion...

I personally never thought the comeback against PSG was possible before the return leg and I thought it was more impossible after Cavani's goal at the Camp Nou.

Too many planets aligned themselves that night to make it possible to witness the greatest ever football comeback at the top level.  There's a reason why these things don't tend to occur to be honest.

I don't know how defensive Juventus will be but they'll have hindsight (something PSG didn't have in their Camp Nou experience) as a tool for this next game.  Juve are by nature an attacking side these days although they do know how to be ultra defensive (they are an Italian side at the end of the day) and they'll concentrate on not making too many errors.  I can't see the comeback this time although in football anything is possible.

Another Italian side done a similar thing to Barça and then got done at the Camp Nou not all that many moons ago, so it can be done and isn't as difficult goals wise as the PSG adventure was.  Another thing to take into account was that Barcelona were much much worse in Paris than they were in Turin.  Infact Barça's second half performance (mainly down to unusual Juve nerves) was very good and coupled with chances in the first half, Barcelona could've actually had a more than decent result.  The issue is that Juve have a big part of the passage sorted which I'm sure makes the job easier for Max Allegri.

Sneaking feeling Barca will get the result they need. 

They were hardly lacking any attacking attempts the 1st leg, just a lack of efficiency. 

Don't know what it is about the Nou Camp but teams just seem to forget how to play football. As much as I'd like to see Juve go through, can't help but think Barca will make it happen again...

Scenario:

Early lead by Barcelona, Juventus to get a player sent off by half time. In the second one more goal early on to make it 2-0. Barcelona gets a dodgy decision and the y make it 3-0, the intensity is now high Suarez and Neymar dive their hearts out and get the much needed non existent penalty. Suarez slots it in for another amazing comeback better than the return of Jesus Christ.

Mes que un club.

The best thing for this competition is a Juventus win in my opinion, Real Madrid winning it again would be boring.

But I would love to see a Messi inspired comeback, not because I'm a fanboy but because at his very best he's been the greatest footballer I've ever seen and these are exactly the sorts of seasons or matches where big players need to step up.

3 minutes ago, Danny said:

The best thing for this competition is a Juventus win in my opinion, Real Madrid winning it again would be boring.

But I would love to see a Messi inspired comeback, not because I'm a fanboy but because at his very best he's been the greatest footballer I've ever seen and these are exactly the sorts of seasons or matches where big players need to step up.

Fucking fanboy :banana:

• Subscriber

Barcelona are saying bye to the Champions League this season tonite. I highly doubt Allegri is going to go to the Camp Nou and try to be defensive with the players he has at his disposal. That would be suicide. As SirBalon said above it wasn't like Barcelona were horrible in Turin, Juventus were just that much better. 

The Bianconeri hold a 3-0 lead from the first leg of the Champions League quarter-final, but Barça overturned a 4-0 deficit against Paris Saint-Germain in the previous round.

It appears that Allegri will look to score at Camp Nou tonight, with Gazzetta dello Sport reporting that the 4-2-3-1 will remain, with Gonzalo Higuain supported by Paulo Dybala, Juan Cuadrado and Mario Mandzukic.

It’s expected that Juve will field the same team as the first leg, with Alex Sandro and Dani Alves in the full-back positions, and Sami Khedira anchoring the midfield alongside Miralem Pjanic.

Javier Mascherano is fit for the hosts, and Sky is reporting that they will start with a 3-4-3 formation, with the Argentine in defence, rather than the midfield role he  occupied in Turin.

Close to 4,000 Juventini are expected in the stadium tonight, but Mediaset reports that many more are in Barcelona for the match.

Earlier today, directors from both clubs had lunch at the Caelis restaurant, while the team did a muscular workout at the hotel.

Probable line-ups:

Barcelona: Ter Stegen; Pique, Mascherano, Umtiti; Sergi Roberto, Rakitic, Busquets, Iniesta; Messi, Suarez, Neymar

Juventus: Buffon; Dani Alves, Bonucci, Chiellini, Alex Sandro; Pjanic, Khedira; Cuadrado, Dybala, Mandzukic; Higuain

3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Barcelona have been so hit and miss that if they do get through tonight I wouldn't put it past them being thumped 4-0 in the semi final. They should have learned from the embarrassment that was the first leg in Paris but they obviously haven't, I want to believe that they can come back again but Juventus are a different kettle of fish. I just don't see how this ends well for the Blaugrana. 

Infact them being in all three competitions even now at this stage during the season is doing them more harm than good because it almost puts make-up on majot errors that were made in the summer transfer window. The one answerable to all of this is Robert Fernández (sporting director) and he is so lucky he is being bypassed in all of this as it's his job to get these things right. Infact Luis Enrique has been taking all the stick and that isn't fair.

Barça need to be knocked out to be honest as Juve have a better chance of winning it. Anything so Real Madrid don't do it because their football has been utter garbage and believe it or not, much worse than Barcelona's. 

I'm gonna have to be with Juventus' side because Italy unites us and I also believe that Juventus has a more stable team this year but Barcelona has the referees so it won't be easy. even Real Madrid went through last night thanks to the linesman, I hope the arbitrage tonight will be fair and Juventus goes through.

1 minute ago, Dalmore said:

I'm gonna have to be with Juventus' side because Italy unites us and I also believe that Juventus has a more stable team this year but Barcelona has the referees so it won't be easy. even Real Madrid went through last night thanks to the linesman, I hope the arbitrage tonight will be fair and Juventus goes through.

I doubt very much many Italians feel the same thing about Juve that you just mentioned mate. Juve is a case apart within Italian football. 

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I doubt very much many Italians feel the same thing about Juve that you just mentioned mate. Juve is a case apart within Italian football. 

still I prefer watching an Italian team lifting the trophy than the two spanish cheaters who go through thanks to the referees.

6 minutes ago, Dalmore said:

Everyone hates Juve apart Juve fans

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Everyone hates Juve apart Juve fans

The enemy of my enemy is my friend would apply but I am sure a lot of people can't stand Barca after the last set of shennanigans.

I hate them too bro. I just pick them between Barcelona and Real because the spanish Rivals can only get through thanks to the referees and as for the other spanish team (Atletico) I want hem to fail so that Simeone comes to us :D

Especially Internazionale fans.

I don't really understand much of patriotism, but supporting a club you don't follow purely because it is from the same country seems ridiculous. I am absolutely delighted when nearly all of the English clubs crash and burn in Europe, which is a happening a lot at the moment.

• The title was changed to Wednesday 19th April - Barcelona (0) 0-0 (3) Juventus
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived