talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wednesday 19th April - Barcelona (0) 0-0 (3) Juventus

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Especially Internazionale fans.

I don't really understand much of patriotism, but supporting a club you don't follow purely because it is from the same country seems ridiculous. I am absolutely delighted when nearly all of the English clubs crash and burn in Europe, which is a happening a lot at the moment.

is it not equally ridiculous to want them to crash and burn? Seems a bit over the top. Not saying you have to support them or follow them to the hilt. 

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Everyone hates Juve apart Juve fans

I'm neutral towards them. I'm a fan of Italian football and Italy in general. The only bad thing about Italy is the Australians and Americans that think they are Italian because of nonna's a-gnocchi (I think I've ranted about these absolute cunts before).

10 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I don't really understand much of patriotism, but supporting a club you don't follow purely because it is from the same country seems ridiculous. I am absolutely delighted when nearly all of the English clubs crash and burn in Europe, which is a happening a lot at the moment.

From my limited understanding of how the rankings work though, because Juve keeps going, Serie A is getting another CL sport. That is why you go for teams in the same country.

I hate Juve, but I hate Barca more.

9 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Italian football has practically been dead since Calciopoli. To see a revival in terms of quality and interest is only good for Italian football. It's a domino effect, the more attention that Juve brings to Italy the more attention the other teams get by proxy. 

9 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

haha we are having this debate in the greek community of Interistas on facebook. half of us want Juventus to go through because of our Italian sympathy and the other half just can't put aside our hatred.

Ιt would be interesting if we gather all together under the same screen to watch the game and see who celebrates and when :D 

1 minute ago, Spike said:

I'm neutral towards them. I'm a fan of Italian football and Italy in general. The only bad thing about Italy is the Australians and Americans that think they are Italian because of nonna's a-gnocchi (I think I've ranted about these absolute cunts before).

You'd hate my step-father. He is both a douche and 4th generation Irish, but tells everyone he is Irish and only drinks Guiness beer cause it's the beer of his family.

Fucking drives me insane. They are heading to ireland, and I have warned my Mom not to let him go on about it, cause they don't give a shit.

Just now, Dalmore said:

haha we are having this debate in the greek community of Interistas on facebook. half of us want Juventus to go through because of our Italian sympathy and the other half just can't put aside our hatred.

Ιt would be interesting if we gather all together under the same screen to watch the game and see who celebrates and when :D 

I have always loved Italian Football. Inter and Palermo (with some love for Foggia), but this league has been down for so long, I'm willing to cheer for Juve to bring some glory back to the league.

2 minutes ago, ATL said:

You'd hate my step-father. He is both a douche and 4th generation Irish, but tells everyone he is Irish and only drinks Guiness beer cause it's the beer of his family.

Fucking drives me insane. They are heading to ireland, and I have warned my Mom not to let him go on about it, cause they don't give a shit.

Yeah, that'd fucking piss me off. NO YOU AREN'T IRISH YOU ARE AMERICAN. He can't speak Gaelic, he doesn't understand the troubles and Ulster, ad nauseum. I think it's a side effect of Irish segregation; they held onto their 'identity' fiercely despite the fact every year and every generation it became less Irish to the point it was perfectly assimilated into American culture. But they always hold onto that stupid pride.

Just now, Spike said:

Yeah, that'd fucking piss me off. NO YOU AREN'T IRISH YOU ARE AMERICAN. He can't speak Gaelic, he doesn't understand the troubles and Ulster, ad nauseum. I think it's a side effect of Irish segregation; they held onto their 'identity' fiercely despite the fact every year and every generation it became less Irish to the point it was perfectly assimilated into American culture. But they always hold onto that stupid pride.

I think it's more of an effect that no one's family has been American for 100's of years. English family go back centuries, as do Spanish, Irish, Italian, and so on. We are still relivatively a new country, and that why places my Ancestry.com make so much money here, is because people have this deep desire to know 'who' they are, because I guess being American isn't enough.

Just now, ATL said:

I think it's more of an effect that no one's family has been American for 100's of years. English family go back centuries, as do Spanish, Irish, Italian, and so on. We are still relivatively a new country, and that why places my Ancestry.com make so much money here, is because people have this deep desire to know 'who' they are, because I guess being American isn't enough.

America is what? 300 years old? Plenty of families have been in the States for a long time. Technically speaking, the USA is one of the oldest nations in the world. You can't forget that Germany has only been around since the 90s. Besides it only take one generation for a culture to develop; think about it, America was already radically different enough by 1776 that it created the constitution. 

Just now, Spike said:

America is what? 300 years old? Plenty of families have been in the States for a long time. Technically speaking, the USA is one of the oldest nations in the world. You can't forget that Germany has only been around since the 90s. Besides it only take one generation for a culture to develop; think about it, America was already radically different enough by 1776 that it created the constitution. 

We have more immigrants here that families aren't from here for many generations. Mine is, but there are a LOT from other countries and it's their kids and offspring that I think struggle with an identity.

27 minutes ago, Stan said:

is it not equally ridiculous to want them to crash and burn? Seems a bit over the top. Not saying you have to support them or follow them to the hilt. 

No, because we have to hear about it from our media. I have time for certain clubs but the most can get out.

27 minutes ago, Stan said:

No, because we have to hear about it from our media. I have time for certain clubs but the most can get out.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, ATL said:

This. He's warned about the whole Barca team now.

gave a warning to Dybala as well and strictly told him to stop waving imaginary cards

• The title was changed to Wednesday 19th April - Barcelona (0) 0-0 (3) Juventus
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived