• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wednesday 19th April - Barcelona (0) 0-0 (3) Juventus

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Asura said:

I said ratio... not the number

I know, I just assumed they # of matches played has to be similar. I'm not arsed enough to research this though, just surprised.

Juve looks to have held Barca from another comeback. Granted, Barcelona were their own worst enemies tonight. Juve gave them plenty of chances.

• Administrator

Juve's defence has been like an impenetrable shield. Half-chances at best for Barcelona.

Credit to Allegri as to how he's set Juve up tonight. Much more resilient and organised than PSG. Juve are used to this kind of tactic though. Grinding and wearing down teams.

Chiellini is a don. Proper rugged and solid defender. Does the job required to perfection. 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Juve has been class tonight. Very organised and disciplined. 

Just don't fucking bottle it against Real (assuming they draw one another) 

1 minute ago, Asura said:

This Juve side is a loooooooot stronger than I thought of. I expected Barcelona to go out but not without scoring a goal. I would be very surprised if Juve dont go an win the trophy from here. 

I think you are both being too kind for Juve. Barcelona has had 4-5 real chances to score, including Messi with an open net, but they just haven't been on their game tonight and it's done them in.

Just now, Stan said:

Chiellini is a don. Proper rugged and solid defender. Does the job required to perfection. 

Chiellini and Bonnuci are both absolute warriors, and have proven it again tonight.

Just now, ATL said:

I think you are both being too kind for Juve. Barcelona has had 4-5 real chances to score, including Messi with an open net, but they just haven't been on their game tonight and it's done them in.

Open net is not true, there were 3-4 defenders covering the goal, just Buffon wasnt there. Barcelona had some chances but none of them were really clear cut, there was a defender breathing down the attacker's neck all the time and that pressure is the reason they hurried the shots and launched into mars all the time. 

• The title was changed to Wednesday 19th April - Barcelona (0) 0-0 (3) Juventus
Just now, Asura said:

Open net is not true, there were 3-4 defenders covering the goal, just Buffon wasnt there. Barcelona had some chances but none of them were really clear cut, there was a defender breathing down the attacker's neck all the time and that pressure is the reason they hurried the shots and launched into mars all the time. 

Open as in get it on net and it likely is in. Messi had a great opportunity early in the first half, and Buffon hasn't played great, and given away some rebounds that Barca usually do better with.

Brilliant by Barça and only the goals missing.  If you don't score, you can't win.  But this was what I was expecting from them in the first leg in terms of performance and everything Luis Enrique said after the game in Turin points to all of this.

I hope either Atlético (preferably) or Juve win it now.  Juventus defended extremely well and infact Barça had more clear cut chances in the first leg than at home today.  What was good at home was the performance where football is concerned.  You can't do anything about being eliminated fair and square like this and not like what occurred yesterday in Madrid.  This is football and sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.

Congratulations to Juventus.

2 hours ago, Dalmore said:

still I prefer watching an Italian team lifting the trophy than the two spanish cheaters who go through thanks to the referees.

What are you talking about...  Spanish cheaters?  Tell me...  Where do SPANIARDS cheat?

Italian players don't dive? xD

In all terms of coherence, who cheated?  The ref?

Don't be ridiculous or do you want me to show you some Italian stuff that fits in the halls of shame?

Nobody's clean mate. ;)

Just now, Teso Dos Bichos said:

110 % accurate. 

Barcelona: Recorded just one shot on target against Juventus, they have never managed so few in a Champions League home game since 2009/10

xD karma is a bitch, payback for cheating vs PSG. I fully expect people to blame Luis E.

I'm not agreeing with you, by the way.

Messi's the most talented player in the game, the greatest player of a generation and possibly ever. His influence on any given football match cannot be measured by goals, assists or any other statistic you may throw out there. The comparisons with Ronaldo are redundant ones, so far is the gap in what each is capable of contributing to a game. 

I just think Ronaldo is harshly criticised at times, he is a phenomenal player in his own right and his annoying personality shouldn't detract from that.

It was over from the first leg, although the team played quite well the other night to be honest and there were a few golden chances(which fell to the player you'd most want them to) but it's got to be said that it was wasteful from Messi. he should have done much better. The few chances in the first leg(the Suarez and Iniesta ones)  were more clear cut but a player of his ability should have buried them considering he's scored far more difficult goals than that throughout his career. In his defence though, he was the only player in the first leg who was threatening and had the chances been put away that he himself created, then maybe he would have put away the chances last night given that it's much less frustrating when 3-2 down as opposed to 3-0. Frustration can play a key part. But you'd expect far better from him if he gets those type of chances again in El Clasico next week. Got to score them.

To be honest, I don't think Juventus were even great over the 2 legs at all and PSG looked far more deadly in that first leg. Juventus were simply just effective, although they are a top side and have the talent and ability to put any team to bed. I can't see anything but them reaching the final now, albeit Monaco being a team who can't be underestimated.

Oh well, there will be many more seasons ahead and I personally still see more to come from this team under the right manager and with the right players brought in to strengthen the weakest areas. It looked all doom and gloom after 2013 and the team bounced back with a new manager and new ideas.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived