talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Willian - Arsenal Complete Signing

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Cicero said:

Barca still want him according to the mail. 50 million plus Malcolm. 

Unbelievable

Crazy, if Chelsea do get that for Willian, it will just add more ammunition to the Abramovitch using transfers to launder money rumours.

• Subscriber

Chelsea reject Barca bid for Willian

Chelsea has rejected a cash-plus-player offer from Barcelona for Willian, according to the Daily Telegraph.

La Liga champions Barca are said to have offered £38 million plus Malcom for the 30-year-old winger, who has been linked with a move to the Camp Nou in the past.

However, the Blues are reluctant to let Willian leave Stamford Bridge this month with uncertainty over Callum Hudson-Odoi's future. The 18-year-old winger has been the subject of multiple bids from Bayern Munich.

https://www.espn.co.uk/soccer/blog/transfer-talk/79/post/3748178/live-transfer-talk-barcelona-offer-chelsea-38-million-pounds-plus-malcom-for-willian

• The title was changed to Willian - Chelsea Reject Barca Bid
  • Subscriber

Ridiculously good deal as others have said. There are times when clubs make the less obvious decision and you give the benefit of the doubt because you assume they know something we don't. Unfortunately there's nothing Chelsea could know that could change my mind on the merits of this deal from their point of view.

This does seem rather baffling... He has not exactly set the world on fire and I often get the impression he is not happy with us anymore which might explain why his form is not that great, from a club point of view I doubt very much that we will ever get close to that figure for him if we hold on to him for longer so really unsure why we would not want to approve it... 

I don't get Barca at all. 

After Coutinho I lost a lot of respect for the project and the intelligence of the people making the decisions there. This seems even worse. 

They deserve to be relegated to the Europa league imo, as it is more befitting of a club with the current level of ineptitude being demonstrated.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Subscriber

I am really surprised that Sarri wants him at Juventus. I don't think he's their kind of player and honestly you might as well play with 10 men on the pitch when hes around at times. Offers nothing in terms of creating space and will hit the odd ball across and sometimes find himself in spaces for the attack to capitalize but there is no consistency there. Strange considering what he used to offer and what hes turned into. Granted there were better players around him when he looked good so maybe it papered over the cracks of all his flaws and shortcomings in the position he played in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.500872da01df58920ede7764ac238540.png

Chelsea's Brazil forward Willian is being monitored by Juventus, who could move for the 31-year-old when his contract expires next summer. (Tuttosport, via Sky Sports)

The Blues are hopeful England Under-21 defender Fikayo Tomori, 21, will agree to a new five-year contract in the next few weeks. (La Gazzetta dello Sport)

• The title was changed to Willian - Arsenal Complete Signing

Archived