talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Willian - Arsenal Complete Signing

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God he is two years overdue to leave and still there is drama over his move.

The shits from Chels, They bought his cab!
But Will.I.An, he saw the light!
He got a call from Levy,
And off he went to the New White Hart lane!
He hates Chelsea! He hates Chelsea! He hates Chelsea! And He hates Chelsea

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.c4517a006ef33404b0dc4e1b78dbdaae.png

Tottenham have offered a lucrative contract and multi-million signing-on fee to Chelsea star Willian.

The attacking midfielder is one of Jose Mourinho’s top targets this summer and he has personally held talks with the player to persuade him to move to north London.

A Spurs source has told Football Insider the club have made early moves to take advantage of Willian’s contract stalemate at Chelsea as they look to win the race for his signature this summer. Football Insider111447580_download(5).png.e601f79dc99accecbcfa04a38303c488.png

• 2 weeks later...

By the sounds of it, he wants a longer contract than what we're offering him. I don't know if it's because of his contract situation or Lampard somehow getting more from him but this season (give or take) has probably been his best season for us. We should keep him in the dark about his future more often. I don't mind keeping him around if he continues to play in the way he's playing at the moment. Don't get me wrong, we shouldn't be relying on him as heavily as we are next season but on current form, he'd be worth keeping around as a squad player. Probably return to being shit if he gets another 3 years though.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

This would be a great free transfer for Arsenal.

Cannot understand though why on earth Chelsea rejected £50m around a year ago knowing they may lose him for nothing?

Still valuable to the squad (as he's proved recently), didn't need the money?

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Still valuable to the squad (as he's proved recently), didn't need the money?

yeah thats the logical explanation. Still, £50m is a lot of money to turn down for a player that is in his last few years and who had no intention of signing a new contract.

Oil clubs can afford that kind of luxury though I suppose.

12 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

This would be a great free transfer for Arsenal.

Cannot understand though why on earth Chelsea rejected £50m around a year ago knowing they may lose him for nothing?

We still don't genuinely know if there is any truth in that. Willian would of for sure forced a move. 

With Willian, he's a quality player 2/3 of the pitch. He then turns bloody average in the final third, which is constantly and annoyingly expressed by  @carefreeluke and I on occasion. 

As of today, he's scored 63 goals for us over the course of 7 seasons, which averages roughly 9 goals a season. 

However, only 39 goals came from open play. So we are looking at around 5/6 goals a season from Willian from open play. Thus lies the incredible frustration. 

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.b7adba9a5d1c81d9a4d86656d30cb6ea.png

Willian: Chelsea, Barcelona and Inter Miami make contract offers

Catalan club Barcelona are understood to have fulfilled Willian's request for a three-year deal.

However, the biggest proposal on the table, a lucrative three and a half year offer, comes from the MLS club Inter Miami, who are part-owned by former England captain David Beckham.

Willian will not make a decision until after his current club Chelsea have played Arsenal in Saturday's FA Cup final. (Sky Sports)Arrow.png.d7f04eb6322d1211bdeb6e57b0983b56.png

I wouldn't mind but the deal would have to favour the club. Chelsea doing the right thing only offering him 2 years, I think we would be foolish to do more than that considering his age. Obviously it'll be a sizeable wage packet, I just hope if we do go after him we don't give him a stupidly high offer. 

• The title was changed to Willian - Arsenal Leading Race For Chelsea Winger

If money is tight for Arsenal giving Willian £150k p/w is literally mad. If they can make it more affordable then I think he’s a good signing, there’s a lot of inexperience in this Arsenal side and as he can play both wings he’ll give whoever is playing there a kick up the arse, also I’d imagine he’d not take any shit in the dressing room if anyone slips off. But that’s not worth £150kpw

I'm interested to see how Arteta uses him actually, he seems to prefer playing Aubameyang LW and I can't think of a time he has played him up top by himself. I really think we have to make big decisions with our forward line but I suppose Willian's versatility will be handy at least, maybe that's why Arteta wants him for flexibility. 

• Administrator

If Willian does sign on these moderately high wages, would Arsenal still prioritise wages for Auba, approximately £300k/w?!

What's the situation with Ozil as well - gonna look to offload him? If not there's still his chunk of wages spent on him as well. 

56 minutes ago, Stan said:

If Willian does sign on these moderately high wages, would Arsenal still prioritise wages for Auba, approximately £300k/w?!

What's the situation with Ozil as well - gonna look to offload him? If not there's still his chunk of wages spent on him as well. 

It won't stop us giving Aubameyang a big deal that's for sure, all depends if he wants to sign it though. We are going to do everything we can to bin Ozil, whether we manage to is another matter. He has dug his heels in and doesn't want to go, only way he does go would be if we subsidise a big chunk of his wages for his final year. 

• The title was changed to Willian - Arsenal Complete Signing

Archived