talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Willian - Arsenal Complete Signing

Just now, Spike said:

I always liked the first film , never saw the second. my cousins a bunch of times removed are Ws, Maltese. Imagine how these Euros would react to the names they’d get called for liking Wball in deep rugby league territory

I have about 10000000 serbian friends. The word is used daily. 

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I have about 10000000 serbian friends. The word is used daily. 

I am from QLD so we are true blue fair dinkum fucken aussies thst drink long necks at 8am in the morning or japanese/hong kong/viet

• 2 months later...

Always get weary when a thread with old posts is bumped.

Literally just scrolled the lot thinking "Please don't have said anything good about Willian, please don't have said anything good about Willian..."

Phew.

Anyway, what a load of rubbish he's been, always thought he was massively overrated.

13 minutes ago, shut up said:

what on earth have their ages got to do with anything? xD

I simply stated Havertz wasn't a better player than Grealish. That's it. It wouldn't matter if one is 35 and the other 18. You can still compare player of different ages. 

It's an estranged argument because what's it even based on? Current form? Hardly shocking a player who's already 4 seasons into the Premier league will start out better than a player who's moved to a new league, new club, new manager, no preseason,  and a team that's still finding their feet with their new recruitment. 

Look at the last 2 seasons in numbers. 

Grealish  - 16 goals and 16 assists

Havertz  - 38 goals and 16 assists. 

• 1 month later...
On 06/08/2020 at 09:09, shut up said:

Ziyech got 9 goals in 35 games in the mickey mouse dutch league last season and you're trying to talk about Willian's stats xD

tinpot player, nowhere near Willian's level. 

Willian in the Premier League this season:

799 minutes played

1 shot on target. 

Enjoy the next 3 years mate. 

44 minutes ago, shut up said:

That's poor coaching, nothing to do with Willian. (Aubameyang has one goal all season and that was a penalty. Is he shit as well then?)

Also, Ziyech has one goal this season in the league, so he's not exactly pulling up any trees.

So a player who's averaged only 5 open play goals a season for 7 years, under 5 different mangers, is down to poor coaching and not Willian himself? 27 crosses against Spurs and Burnley, only managing to find his teammate 5 times, is down to poor coaching and not Willian himself?

Everything we've warned you that would happen, is happening. And you're still adamant its down to Arteta? 

24 minutes ago, shut up said:

If Willian is being told to constantly cross the ball (which he is bcos arteta literally mentioned it in a post match interview) to players who aren't great in the air (all of our forwards, basically) then he not gonna find many of his teammates is he. All of our forwards have the lowest shots/chances created in the league. Try and do some research before talking nonsense. 

He was your best player last season with the most combined assists and goals. Let's see if Ziyech can get anywhere near Willian's premier league numbers this season. (He won't).

So does Arteta also instruct Willian to have his crosses never beat the first man? xD

Your forwards have the lowest shots/chances created because they can't get the ball in threatening areas. Willian isn't a player that unlocks a defence.  He never takes players on, his crosses never beat the first man, he stalls on the ball until he passes it backwards or sideways, leaving any threat coming from only the left side. That sound familiar? You are at some stage of denial if you are still expecting him to be this player that literally this entire forum is telling you he isn't. 

Ziyech has outscored and matched Willian's assists in the league this season,  whilst playing 420 less minutes than him. (He will)

1 minute ago, shut up said:

I'm talking about matching willian's goals and assists for Chelsea last season. Why would you compare a player's stats who is playing in a relegation side vs a player who is playing in one of the best sides in the country O.o

So since Ziyech doesn't take penalties, he needs to score 5 goals from open play in the league this season and provide 7 assists in 2,604 minutes of football. 

When he's currently at 1 goal and 3 assists in 390 minutes of football. He's essentially on course to exceed both and only needs 4 more goals and 4 more assists to match Willian's greatest ever season with us. xD

4 minutes ago, shut up said:

I think Willian got a combined 22 goals and assists last season in the league? Something like that anyway. A very respectable number.

Let's see if world class Ziyech can match that.

20 goals and assists all comps. 

Something Ziyech already outmatched last season, the season before that, and the season before that. Without even taking penalties. 

But you are a premier league only pestiferous bloke so lets go ahead and revisit this at season's end. 

• 1 month later...

Archived