The better place to talk football.

Willian - Arsenal Complete Signing

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
2 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Quote.thumb.png.277b3159c8eb01ce3411eaf72f4d2e20.png

Former Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri hopes to be reunited with 31-year-old forward Willian at Juventus - but Blues manager Frank Lampard has revealed the Brazilian is in talks with the Stamford Bridge club over a new contract. (Calciomercato)

definitely @Cicero's reaction as you read that through

giphy.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So it ends.... 

Willian for me has been one of those players that could perform very well under certain circumstances but for the most part I always felt he was a bit like Obi Mikel, someone who had great promise but never went on to fulfil it... 

21 hours ago, Cicero said:

Why though? Just like all the signings made of this nature in recent years, he will barely play, then be moved on.

Then you have young signings like Todibo, who look very good whenever they play, don't get any more chances, then are moved on after a season? 

The worst transfer policy ever seen in the history of football?

One of his biggest problems (and one that not many people realise) is that he often stops and slows down the play. He'll often stop the ball and wait for the opposition player to dive in which makes him a bit predictable but it also hinders the speed in which the team moves the ball. It's not often you see him release the ball quickly and his first thought is often whether he can beat his man. Over the years he has also been incredibly wasteful on the ball and he loses possession too easily, in this regard he's been a bit better this season but overall that's been one of his worst traits during his time here.

I haven't read that Marca article but I hope there's some truth in it. Willian is one of a few players that we need to shift in a squad clear-up operation. Maybe, it's all smoke and mirrors from his agent to help get a new deal at the club as I was pretty sure he wanted to stay in London. Either way, if there's truth in it, I do wonder what the hell Barcelona are thinking. I don't know how he's got this reputation as being a fantastic player, every game I watch there are commentators saying how good he is and opposition fans pre-match fearing him. The bloke really isn't all that. I will remember some of his positive moments but yeah it's really time to move on but I think he'll get a one-year extension.

49 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

One of his biggest problems (and one that not many people realise) is that he often stops and slows down the play. He'll often stop the ball and wait for the opposition player to dive in which makes him a bit predictable but it also hinders the speed in which the team moves the ball. It's not often you see him release the ball quickly and his first thought is often whether he can beat his man. Over the years he has also been incredibly wasteful on the ball and he loses possession too easily, in this regard he's been a bit better this season but overall that's been one of his worst traits during his time here.

I haven't read that Marca article but I hope there's some truth in it. Willian is one of a few players that we need to shift in a squad clear-up operation. Maybe, it's all smoke and mirrors from his agent to help get a new deal at the club as I was pretty sure he wanted to stay in London. Either way, if there's truth in it, I do wonder what the hell Barcelona are thinking. I don't know how he's got this reputation as being a fantastic player, every game I watch there are commentators saying how good he is and opposition fans pre-match fearing him. The bloke really isn't all that. I will remember some of his positive moments but yeah it's really time to move on but I think he'll get a one-year extension.

Looks like he's put part of his wages to good use hehe.

4 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Why though? Just like all the signings made of this nature in recent years, he will barely play, then be moved on.

Then you have young signings like Todibo, who look very good whenever they play, don't get any more chances, then are moved on after a season? 

The worst transfer policy ever seen in the history of football?

Think it's telling that the last good signing they made was Suarez.

Honestly if I was linked to Barcelona tomorrow in the papers I wouldn't be at all shocked - and I can't play footy, let alone be a professional!

20 hours ago, Vader said:

Think it's telling that the last good signing they made was Suarez.

Honestly if I was linked to Barcelona tomorrow in the papers I wouldn't be at all shocked - and I can't play footy, let alone be a professional!

de Jong and Arthur are class and you can see the quality, but both were being held back alot under Valverde and unable to truly express themselves. Both are young too and still maturing but I'm 99% positive they will go on to be key for Barcelona for many years. 

Semedo Is also quality, but wasn't being used right, especially when being thrown at left back.

Vidal is a great squad player.

But other than that, the club have spent so much on crap over the years. Probably 500 million or so. 

Should stick a bid in for C Ronaldo now he's not at Madrid :ph34r:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Willian - Arsenal Complete Signing

Archived