talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leeds Fined £200k For Spy-Gate

football forum

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's shocking. I hope they do get punished.i personally thought it would make Derby angry they would player harder or better and win the game and get their ultimate revenge that way. I hate it. It may not be a written rule but it doesn't sit well with me. He showed no remorse either I would take the 3 points off them and give them to Derby and warn them if they do it again they face tougher punishment like 6 points being taken off them. I doubt anything will be done about it though. 

On 11/01/2019 at 20:59, Rick said:

Done fuck all wrong, if the guy has stood on a public road and had a full view of the training session then tough shit. Nothing illegal done, don't think Bielsa should have apologised to Lampard & Derby either. 

Is that what you tell that lass you've been watching through the window? :ph34r:

On 11/01/2019 at 18:19, Lucas said:

Today we have pissed off a hell of a lot of people and smashed Derby County off the park, all with our manager literally showing zero fucks given.

I fucking love El Loco and I fucking love this football club.

1070942.jpg

I actually find it incredible how many South Americans there are in the EPL and Europe, yet the Brits go mental when this type of thing happens. They are totally out of touch with our culture and I don't just mean that in football.

I recall in the qualifiers Paraguay sent a lot of spies to the opposition training ground. No one batted an eye. In fact here when it happens, it's hardly news. I'd bet there are a lot of spies which don't get reported in the news.

• Subscriber

Unless there's some sort of long running 'gentleman's agreement' that I've never heard of about not doing this, I genuinely don't see a problem with it. 

Its not the same, but also not much different from sending a scout to go and see your next opponent play the match before.

If it's something that traditionally hasn't been done, I'm actually shocked that it's taken this long for someone to cross the line and do it, given the number of other taboos that have been broken in English football years and years ago such as diving becoming commonplace, managers being shown no loyalty, players shitting all over their own clubs despite being under contract, foreign owners pumping money into clubs, often from very dubious sources, whoring out every inch of football shirt and advertising hoarding available to gambling countries that aren't even advertised in the native language, and clubs all over the country starting matches with only 1 or 2, sometimes no home grown players that actually represent the area in their squads. 

I guess compared to all of that stuff, sending a spy to another training ground just doesn't seem to qualify as that much of an outrage.

What Bielsa did IS unethical, but at the end of the day games are won on the pitch. All this does is make the opposition a bit easier to predict.

5 hours ago, Kyletoonfan said:

It's shocking. I hope they do get punished.i personally thought it would make Derby angry they would player harder or better and win the game and get their ultimate revenge that way. I hate it. It may not be a written rule but it doesn't sit well with me. He showed no remorse either I would take the 3 points off them and give them to Derby and warn them if they do it again they face tougher punishment like 6 points being taken off them. I doubt anything will be done about it though. 

Cry me a river.

17 minutes ago, BounceAroundTheGround said:

Can't wait for the EFL and the FA to make one big non-decision

I think they should dock Leeds 10 points for un-sportsman like behavior, also Bielsa should get a touchline ban for the remainder of the season for instigating said spying mission and they should also face a transfer ban and might as well chuck in a hefty fine to top it all off... 

It will probably end up like you said though.. a dressing down and a £20 fine followed by a very public apology 

• Subscriber

It just makes me laugh. How crap of a ‘spy’ must they be if they’ve got caught. I wonder how many other teams have done this without getting caught. Wouldn’t surprise me if this is going to open up a can of worms.

2 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

I think they should dock Leeds 10 points for un-sportsman like behavior, also Bielsa should get a touchline ban for the remainder of the season for instigating said spying mission and they should also face a transfer ban and might as well chuck in a hefty fine to top it all off... 

It will probably end up like you said though.. a dressing down and a £20 fine followed by a very public apology 

I used to like you old man...

2 hours ago, BounceAroundTheGround said:

Can't wait for the EFL and the FA to make one big non-decision

As it should be. A non decision for a non starter.

Shouldn't even be an investigation. I dare say the EFL doesn't want to lose it's cash cow mind.

10 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

It makes me laugh really.. the whole thing has been blown way out of proportion... 

Of course it has. Hopefully common sense will prevail but we are fully aware we've a turbulent relationship with the FA.

Not to mention the EFL will be thinking what's best for their competition. 

The crime we pay for being Leeds.

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

Of course it has. Hopefully common sense will prevail but we are fully aware we've a turbulent relationship with the FA.

Not to mention the EFL will be thinking what's best for their competition. 

The crime we pay for being Leeds.

I understand the police were called as well at the time... xD 

20 hours ago, Lucas said:

As it should be. A non decision for a non starter.

Shouldn't even be an investigation. I dare say the EFL doesn't want to lose it's cash cow mind.

I disagree, they've got to make a decision: they either state they allow it or state they disallow it.

I personally don't mind which they choose, but the EFL being the EFL will find a way to choose neither.

Calls an emergency press conference.

Everyone thinks he's going to resign. 

Journalists arrive.

The man's got a PowerPoint slide ready detailing how he's prepared using the exact same methods against every opponent so far and invites journos to ask about what parts they'd like him to explain more about. 

Legend. 

The fundamental reason he boils everyone's piss so much is that he actually takes his job seriously unlike 99% of people in English football.

• The title was changed to Leeds Fined £200k For Spy-Gate

Archived