The better place to talk football.

Leeds Fined £200k For Spy-Gate

football forum

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Superb from Bielsa tbh.

Love the shit-housery of it all and equally so, the reaction of those that are up in arms about it despite no rules technically being broken and they're probably so butt-hurt about that.

Brilliant. As for Lampard, he made a mistake here, for such an intelligent person, the cheating comments and drawing himself into the whole discussion was a miscalculation, he let the moment get to him, should have foreseen Bielsa's unpredictability.

Not sure what I love more.

1. The fact he's mugged off Derby by showing he's watched every game of theirs from last season and this season, including data on all players, and provided a presentation on all his research to show how to beat them tactically to the media.

Frank Lampard watched 15 hours of video before Friday's game.

2. The fact he has done a dossier on EVERY club in this division the exact same way as the one on Derby, demonstrating that the reason we are top is way and above anything to do with simply observing a team's training session. 

3. We play Stoke Saturday who have Nathan Jones as their new manager from Luton. So he has watched all of Luton's games this season to see how Jones gets his team to play.

Marcelo Bielsa has completed the Championship and it's only January.

What a hero he is. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Lucas said:

Marcelo Bielsa has completed the Championship and it's only January.

Embarrassing when you bottle it towards the end of the season and miss out on promotion :ph34r:

I haven't seen many supporters against this. Just a few ex pros on their high horse.

Leeds fans love a siege mentality. This will all work in their favour I think and increase the fuck the world, we are Leeds attitude. 

2 hours ago, Inverted said:

Calls an emergency press conference.

Everyone thinks he's going to resign. 

Journalists arrive.

The man's got a PowerPoint slide ready detailing how he's prepared using the exact same methods against every opponent so far and invites journos to ask about what parts they'd like him to explain more about. 

Legend. 

The fundamental reason he boils everyone's piss so much is that he actually takes his job seriously unlike 99% of people in English football.

xD

Seriously have to admire the balls... that's genuinely funny, Everyone was probably expecting some big apology or something and he basically details how he has been mugging everyone off the first half of the season.. xD We need characters like that in the game.. 

• Subscriber

If you haven't seen the slides he showed you should its like watching that kid in class who does a 100 page report when everyone else does a 4 page report. The amount of detail and the singling out of players, its astonishing how much thought and work he put into what he did because its amazing. He truly is a mad genius and this was just a press conference, I can't even imagine the kind of things he says to players before games. When the news first broke that he was going to Leeds people were wondering what he was up to and now all this, its entertainment of the best kind. I can't wait to see him in the Premier League next season.

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

If you haven't seen the slides he showed you should its like watching that kid in class who does a 100 page report when everyone else does a 4 page report. The amount of detail and the singling out of players, its astonishing how much thought and work he put into what he did because its amazing. He truly is a mad genius and this was just a press conference, I can't even imagine the kind of things he says to players before games. When the news first broke that he was going to Leeds people were wondering what he was up to and now all this, its entertainment of the best kind. I can't wait to see him in the Premier League next season.

That would be these. The detail simply just on Harry Wilson for example, is bat shit crazy. He literally told the journo's to pick any game of Derby's this season and he'd give a 10 minute demo what he knows xD

When you consider we have some absolute frauds in the game stealing a living like Pardew, Moyes, Hughes etc and then there's Bielsa, giving out a free lesson on how to be a proper coach, you just can't buy that sort of education.

The man is a boss. 

• Subscriber

Marcelo Bielsa reminds me of the late, great Don Revie and look what he achieved with Leeds United then. :ay:

"He also introduced lengthy dossiers on opposing teams to ensure his players knew every detail about the opposition and were able to exploit weaknesses and nullify threats."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Revie#Leeds_United_2

I am starting to see why some regard him as the best manager in the world. Just a shame the success hasn't always been there but he's bloody smart.

10 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Isn't that the norm though with quite a few managers? I remember reading how Rafa scouted players and thought that was extensive as well. Multiple match reports (tracking players for years by watching their every game), reports on behaviour of the players, one on one interviews. And if I am not wrong, AVB did something similar for Mourinho. It would be absolutely daft if Biesla is punished for it.

I agree on the last bit. Can't wait to see Biesla in the Premiership. Should be mad fun, plus his teams play good football. 

That presentation was the best things that i've seen happen in ages, plus he got all the reporters to see it haha. A big fuck off to the FA but got to say Bielsa lives football, he probably spends most of his free time to analyze opponents. As for the punishment it is not like he is the first one to do it, all teams do it. 

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Isn't that the norm though with quite a few managers? I remember reading how Rafa scouted players and thought that was extensive as well. Multiple match reports (tracking players for years by watching their every game), reports on behaviour of the players, one on one interviews. And if I am not wrong, AVB did something similar for Mourinho. It would be absolutely daft if Biesla is punished for it.

I agree on the last bit. Can't wait to see Biesla in the Premiership. Should be mad fun, plus his teams play good football. 

I think you're right about how managers go about analyzing their opponents for games but the minor difference with Bielsa is that he's not just studying their short-term history but learning their entire footballing process too. I don't remember where I heard it but it might be on here where someone said that he isn't just interested in how teams play the football or who is playing in their allotted spots but also interested in how that comes about as well, how a player has been at older clubs as an example, so that he can figure ways to shut those avenues down as well. He is a bit of a madman at the end of the day so you'd expect him to be a little further than the rest when it comes to depth of research. 

Was reading about Frank's response to the press conference and he alluded to the same thing you're saying which is that all coaches do this but its never shown publicly for good reason of course but I think Bielsa was trying to make the point that the 'spy' wasn't even really necessary. 

He's obviously very meticulous in his preparation but he does come across as a bit of a weird knobhead. And this whole spying situation doesn't paint him in a good light in my opinion. People suggesting it's great because they think he's entertaining need to jump off a bridge.

• The title was changed to Leeds Fined £200k For Spy-Gate

Archived