talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leeds Fined £200k For Spy-Gate

football forum

41 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Fined 200k tonight for breaking no rules.

But the EFL will make a new rule following 'Spygate' to prevent such measures happening again.

Personally speaking, I'm disgusted we've received that and in no way, shape or form should it be seen to be any less harsh than if it was a points deduction.

Shambles of an organisation. Hope we get to stick two fingers up at them come May.

It's outraging yeah, you should sue the fuck out of those cunts.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

That fine is pathetic and I bet the spying goes on around all grounds including the EPL, what are they going to do next ban or fine scouts from other clubs watching players and taking note of good players to pass onto their respective managers at the club they work for? 

• The title was changed to Leeds Fined £200k For Spy-Gate
On 19/01/2019 at 15:23, Stan said:

Apparently 11 Championship clubs have complained and written to EFL to ask for more severe punishment against Bielsa xDxDxD 

Ridiculous.

To be fair it was 10 clubs and a letter from me pretending to be a non league club asking for it as well.... 

I always thought it was standard practice to spy on opponents training. There's that famous story of the Real Madrid scouts watching AC Milan before their semi final second leg in 1989 and they all thought Saachi was a madman because he had players training without the ball going through positional plays. They only stayed a short while and then Milan battered them 5-0.

I really don't see what was done wrong here but, as usual, paying money is the punishment 

Oh well, on the plus side, at least the EFL and FA are shit hot on dealing punishment to clubs for all the menial things in the game such as racism, sexual harassment, homophobia, child sex abuse, murder victim chants, dodgy agent fee's, corrupt owners, violence etc.

Oh...

"Received a formal reprimand and warning to the effect that the club's conduct fell significantly short of the standards expected by the EFL and must not be repeated".

Now, where do you draw the line? We all had a good giggle when Paul Downing held his face last weekend when the ball clearly hit his arm, but by doing that is he not behaving in utmost good faith? Is his conduct not falling significantly short of the expected standards? Is every player that falls over easily or crowds the ref not falling short themselves? 

For the record, I don't agree with spying of an opponent. I think if you know a teams shape and how they're going to play, that's 80%+ of your preparation complete. Every team alters their game plan for every opposition and will look to throw the other team off. Especially when you're up against a team going for promotion. However, I'm not naive enough to think it doesn't go on. 

If anybody should be fined it should be Bielsa, not Leeds United Football Club.

15 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Remember when Manchester United were fined because the FA didn't rate their matchday squadxD This pales in comparison 

It has recently come to my attention that after 2011 they changed the rules, so that you can use anyone in your 25 without being fined, and only by playing a large amount of youth players can you incur the wrath of the FA.

But fuck me just think about the old rules for a second here. Say for arguments sake Man U's best 11 was 

-------------------------------------------Van Der Sar------------------------------------

Evra--------------------------Vidic----------------------Vidic-------------------Rafael

-Nani----------------------------Giggs---------------Fletcher--------------Valencia

------------------------------------------Berba-----------Rooney------------------------------

And due to a CL tie mid week on Sunday against Wolves Man U post a squad of

--------------------------------------------------Van Der Sar--------------------------------------

O'shea--------------------------Evans------------------------Brown------------------Fabio

Nani----------------------------------Park--------------------Carrick---------------Valencia

-------------------------------------------Macheda-----------Hernandez-----------------------

Who the fuck are the FA to tell them that Park, Carrick, O'shea and Hernandez aren't fucking good enough. Glad they changed that, rant over.

• Administrator
51 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

It has recently come to my attention that after 2011 they changed the rules, so that you can use anyone in your 25 without being fined, and only by playing a large amount of youth players can you incur the wrath of the FA.

But fuck me just think about the old rules for a second here. Say for arguments sake Man U's best 11 was 

-------------------------------------------Van Der Sar------------------------------------

Evra--------------------------Vidic----------------------Vidic-------------------Rafael

-Nani----------------------------Giggs---------------Fletcher--------------Valencia

------------------------------------------Berba-----------Rooney------------------------------

And due to a CL tie mid week on Sunday against Wolves Man U post a squad of

--------------------------------------------------Van Der Sar--------------------------------------

O'shea--------------------------Evans------------------------Brown------------------Fabio

Nani----------------------------------Park--------------------Carrick---------------Valencia

-------------------------------------------Macheda-----------Hernandez-----------------------

Who the fuck are the FA to tell them that Park, Carrick, O'shea and Hernandez aren't fucking good enough. Glad they changed that, rant over.

They may have changed it for Premier League clubs but I think QPR got done once for allegedly fielding a 'weakened' side for a game. Can't remember how long ago it was.

15 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

That's completely moronic and something you'd expect from a mickey mouse league not the fucking Premier Leaguer.

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, Stan said:

They may have changed it for Premier League clubs but I think QPR got done once for allegedly fielding a 'weakened' side for a game. Can't remember how long ago it was.

Blackpool under Holloway and he went mad about it. Rightly so. Cannot believe they paid it again.

Archived