talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Best Player Outside Top 6?

Who do you guys think is the best player for clubs outside of the top 6. 

You could pick a few for me Richarlison, and Arnautovic are both excellent as are Neves and Vardy or Maddison.

I would go for Felipe Anderson though he has been sensational since he joined the club. He could do a brilliant job for a top 6 side. He would be some signing for a club like Spurs for example.

• The title was changed to Best Player Outside Top 6?
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Zaha was a runaway winner a few months ago. Don't know what's happened to him as I don't watch a lot of Palace for some reason, the goals and assists have dried up yet the team seem to have enjoyed an illogical upturn in form at the same time.

Richarlison might come into the conversation over the next 18 months but hasn't proved his consistency over a long enough period of time yet. If any of our players come into this conversation, it's Gylfi Sigurdsson. I'd make a case for him being one of the first names on a non-top 6 XI line-up, but probably not the best overall.

The others you've mentioned are fair shouts, though Maddison I'm not convinced about. Felipe Anderson looks to be the whole package but again, let's see him carry it on for a season or 18 months. I think he will personally but let's see it first.

Leaves me with Arnautovic. I think he's been good enough for long enough to be a justified choice.

Someone should suggest some goalkeepers and defenders though.

• Administrator
8 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Zaha was a runaway winner a few months ago. Don't know what's happened to him as I don't watch a lot of Palace for some reason, the goals and assists have dried up yet the team seem to have enjoyed an illogical upturn in form at the same time.

Richarlison might come into the conversation over the next 18 months but hasn't proved his consistency over a long enough period of time yet. If any of our players come into this conversation, it's Gylfi Sigurdsson. I'd make a case for him being one of the first names on a non-top 6 XI line-up, but probably not the best overall.

The others you've mentioned are fair shouts, though Maddison I'm not convinced about. Felipe Anderson looks to be the whole package but again, let's see him carry it on for a season or 18 months. I think he will personally but let's see it first.

Leaves me with Arnautovic. I think he's been good enough for long enough to be a justified choice.

Someone should suggest some goalkeepers and defenders though.

If we're talking just goalkeepers or defenders, and based on performances this season only, you could have:

Pickford, Rui Patricio, Pereira, Digne, Chilwell, Doherty, Boly, Ake, Van Aanholt, Duffy, Dunk...

They're just off the top of my head anyway. 

In regards to the rest of the players, I think Ryan Fraser deserves some credit for his performances this season. Seems to have a lot of contributions to goals by way of scoring or assisting. 

As @Cicero said, Neves has done well, Jimenez has been a good forward for Wolves too. Sigurdsson, Fraser, Wilson, Richarlison, Felipe Anderson would be top of my list. May have even included Pereyra at Watford as well but he's been a bit inconsistent after a good start to the season. 

3 hours ago, Stan said:

If we're talking just goalkeepers or defenders, and based on performances this season only, you could have:

Pickford, Rui Patricio, Pereira, Digne, Chilwell, Doherty, Boly, Ake, Van Aanholt, Duffy, Dunk...

They're just off the top of my head anyway. 

In regards to the rest of the players, I think Ryan Fraser deserves some credit for his performances this season. Seems to have a lot of contributions to goals by way of scoring or assisting. 

As @Cicero said, Neves has done well, Jimenez has been a good forward for Wolves too. Sigurdsson, Fraser, Wilson, Richarlison, Felipe Anderson would be top of my list. May have even included Pereyra at Watford as well but he's been a bit inconsistent after a good start to the season. 

Some good shouts in there Stan, apart from Pickford.

He's an absolute knob and shit at goalkeeping. 

Archived